Love Neil. Not downloading Spotify. I can wait a few weeks.

Why no spotify? LOL! I have a love hate relationship with it. It's overwhelming and takes away the fun of buying new music and letting it sink in. On the other hand, it has everything!

Looking forward to this release. I don't think it was mentioned in his biography which i find curious as it does discuss Homegrown etc.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why no spotify? LOL! I have a love hate relationship with it. It's overwhelming and takes away the fun of buying new music and letting it sink in. On the other hand, it has everything!

Looking forward to this release. I don't think it was mentioned in his biography which i find curious as it does discuss Homegrown etc.

No FOMO. If Neil can wait 40 years to release it, I can wait a month to listen to it. If it's great, it'll still be great then. So much great music out there already. I'm an old curmudgeon when it comes to music.

Aha

Has anyone heard the Decade re-master? I think that was one of the first cds I bought a long time ago.

No but I did see the vinyl of it in a store for $85. I laughed out loud. Get real, Neil. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pocahontas and Ride My Llama are two of my favorite NY songs. Of course - I am use to hearing the Rust Never Sleeps versions. I have not bought a NY album in years. It was cool to listen to the new one. But I don't think I need to buy it. 

• 1 month later...

Already Great

Hi there,
December 1st will be a big day for me. The Visitor will be coming to your town. I will be going to my town. You will be able to hear me and see me. My archive will open on that same day, a place you can visit and experience every song I have ever released in the highest quality your machine will allow. It’s the way it’s supposed to be. In the beginning, everything is free.
Lots of Love,
neil

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up the reissue of Harvest Moon yesterday. I haven't heard this album in a long time so it's nice to be able to listen to it again. It's a nostalgic filled album that actually really reminds me of my parents, I have faint memories of them playing this album a lot when it came out. That's not really a surprise, not many baby boomer acts did a great job of recreating something from the 70s in the 90s, but Neil did here. I think as far as NY albums go, this one might be massively underrated. With the (huge) exception of Such A Woman, every song on here is great, even if Old King is a bit of novelty song (I might be biased as I love hound dogs). But Dreamin' Man, From Hank to Hendrix, One of These Days, Unknown Legend, might be as good as it gets for post-Geffen Neil. If this album is a sequel to Harvest than it's an Empire Strikes Back kind of sequel. While Harvest might have higher highs, Harvest Moon is more consistent overall, in my opinion. 

Already Great .. gave it a listen ..

Initially, It does take me back to his more constructive 70's sound, then it goes awry.

After starting bit of story telling filled with some good hooks, he incorporated A group of people saying words that were difficult to dechiper in one listen.

More recently

Another vote for Le Noise as a good song.

Caught that tour and many others over the years.

It's been an interesting ride in last 15 years seeing him LIVE. Hope he heads out again soon..

Read that he is doing a webcast tomorrow.

Young’s livestream will take place at a currently undisclosed location on Friday, December 1 at 8 p.m. ET. Canadians can watch live on CTV.ca and viewers around the globe can tune in via Facebook. Young’s recent announcement revealing the upcoming opening of his extensive archives stated:

December 1st will be a big day for me. The Visitor will be coming to your town. I will be going to my town. You will be able to hear me and see me. My archive will open on that same day, a place you can visit and experience every song I have ever released in the highest quality your machine will allow. It’s the way it’s supposed to be. In the beginning, everything is free.