Jeff East Coast solo shows

I'm wondering why the pre-sale tix today said General Admission? It's a theatre...confused and couldn't get ANY tickets...was on-line trying for 1/2 hour...so bummed...

BUT!...will atleast be at the IOTA in Arlington, VA to see the Autumn Defense show...hoping to score tix tomorrow....good luck all!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regular tickets for DC through ticketmaster this morning seemed surprisingly easy to get -- after failing at both presales, I'd sort of given up hope. Now I'm about 53 kinds of happy :)

No, they weren't surprisingly easy to get, as I didn't get them. Even at 10am couldn't get them (not 10:01, exactly 10).

My single ticket for the Charlottesville show arrived today via US Mail, in a hand-addressed envelope which kinda threw me off. The person that addressed it didn't have the neatest handwriting in the world, you see. All is well, at any rate.

I think that is the fastest I've ever rec'd a ticket in the mail for a show that is over a month away. Anyhoo... now for a shot of this:

woodford_reserve_gr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone who purchased through the Front Gate pre-sale for Charlottesville gotten their tickets yet? I'm starting to get nervous.

The ones I bought directly from the Paramount have arrived, but nothing from Front Gate yet. I just sent an inquiry through their website but was curious whether anyone else has gotten theirs.

When are we gonna start to see these exorbitant ticket prices go down? Still looking for two for Tarrytown but will not pay $100 a piece. There's not a ton of tickets out there, but I hope the prices start to drop. I really need this show.

I bit the scalper bullet today and got 2 DC tickets for 80 bucks a piece from craigslist. I think the original price was $40 or so, and with the bullshit fees, it puts it closer (or maybe over) $50 each, so I figured I only dropped an extra 30 bucks each. On the one hand it's crazy and way overpriced, but on the other hand it's not like Jeff tours the east coast often.

Took the plunge, I couldn't see myself not go, grabbed a couple of $97 seats for Terrytown, sure it's twice the ticket price, put I'm in, sure I'm in the second to last row of the balcony, but I'm in, and they are the inside aisle seats, but most importantly, I'm IN!

Took the plunge, I couldn't see myself not go, grabbed a couple of $97 seats for Terrytown, sure it's twice the ticket price, put I'm in, sure I'm in the second to last row of the balcony, but I'm in, and they are the inside aisle seats, but most importantly, I'm IN!

Brigt side is there is not a bad seat in the house. I was just there last week for MMW! Great venue!

I'm also waiting for my tickets to Charlottesville from Front Gate. I called them today and they told me the tickets were mailed Friday via UPS, but they were unable to provide a tracking number.

I really don't get why this takes so long, but I guess I just have to chill and wait it out. the tickets I got directly form the venue arrived about 10 days ago.

Speaking of which. The Tarrytown show is now 13 days away and no mention from Front Gate about shipping the tickets yet! I hope they don't ship it this week with Thanksgiving and all as I will not be around to sign for the package! GRRR!

I can't believe these still haven't shipped. I'm guessing they won't go out today, so that means they'll be shipped Monday at the earliest. And considering it took five days door-to-door to get my D.C. tickets, this makes me super nervous.

I can't believe these still haven't shipped. I'm guessing they won't go out today, so that means they'll be shipped Monday at the earliest. And considering it took five days door-to-door to get my D.C. tickets, this makes me super nervous.

It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one waiting for Tarrytown tickets. They haven't responded to my phone or e-mail inquiries.

Some good news from Wilco HQ:

Greetings friends,

Here's that early December blast of news from Wilco HQ.

First, Jeff Tweedy will play 2 shows at the Boulder Theater (Boulder, CO) on January 7-8 to help celebrate the theater's 75th anniversary and tickets go onsale next week. More info here. More juicy ticketing news: after some deep sleuthing, we're happy to announce that we busted some people (that is assuming you consider scalpers people) who violated our ticketing procedures for Mr. Tweedy's Dec. 7 show at Washington DC's historic Lincoln Theatre. As promised and threatened, we've revoked those purchases and will be releasing the approximately 100 tickets for sale to the public (that's you) next Monday, Dec. 6 at noon EST here. Purchasers will be limited to 2 tickets. No previous buyers for that show will be allowed to purchase again and tickets are non-transferrable and will be available only at will call with an ID. And as a review, we encourage everyone to review our ticket policies here.

All that talk of undercover ops and will call windows have you in need of caffeine? We hear you -- and with that in mind we've partnered with our friends and fellow Chicagoans Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea to bring you some fresh beans for the season. Wilco Selects Coffee -- perfect for the holiday hibernation season. Silly? Perhaps. But trust us it'll be some of the best coffee you've ever tasted and the mug that comes along with it is really nice and available for order through this Sunday, Dec. 5th only. And for those of you not purchasing your holiday gifts in local record stores (and we encourage you to do so), here's our plug for the wilco store... 25% off all music, posters, books + special bundles, new shirts, etc. The full rundown is here.

okay, back to 2011 planning and coffee brewing.

cheers & snowy dreams.

the Wilco HQ elves, all hopped up.

wilcoworld.net