2011 tour dates?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone one hearing that Wilco could be playing the Beale Street Music Festival on the weekend of Apr 29 - May 1?

That rumor was floating around here (possibly even earlier in this thread) a while back and it does seem fairly plausible. Wasn't aware that Beale Street would be announcing their lineup March 3, so I guess we'll find out soon enough. ;)

Anyone one hearing that Wilco could be playing the Beale Street Music Festival on the weekend of Apr 29 - May 1?

Seems plausible at least & BSMF is set to announce on Mar 3.

Just curious.

No, but I can tell you that music fest sucks.

Avetts are already confirmed, so maybe this year will be better.

Seems plausible at least & BSMF is set to announce on Mar 3.

Just curious.

I posted earielier in this thread, I have a friend from college who works for memphis in may & he told me close to a month ago that they have booked Wilco this year (also Flaming lips & mgmt)

No, but I can tell you that music fest sucks.

Avetts are already confirmed, so maybe this year will be better.

I grew up in north MS & went to that fest a few times, so I can heartily agree w/ you.

However, I was already planning to visit family around that weekend. Squeezing in Wilco & the Avett Bros might redeem BSMF enough to get me there.

I grew up in north MS & went to that fest a few times, so I can heartily agree w/ you.

However, I was already planning to visit family around that weekend. Squeezing in Wilco & the Avett Bros might redeem BSMF enough to get me there.

Keep an eye out for a certain Grammy winning band to release info about a show on April 28 at The Orpheum. :dancing

• 2 weeks later...

Fourth Row - Center for L'Olympia in Montreal!!! Very stoked for this... Enjoy whatever you're seeing this spring. There is a strong and well sourced rumor that the band is returning to Vermont to play the Green at Shelburne Museum right before the Solid Sound weekend...

Sorry to reply to a month-old post but I just read through this whole topic...I live nearby-ish and I was under the impression that Higher Ground is no longer putting on shows at the Shelburne Museum after last year's Furthur debacle. Ben & Jerry's has moved their sponsorship to Higher Ground's concert series at the Fairgrounds (previously they sponsored the Shelburne Museum series), and they've yet to announce a single show at Shelburne Museum for the summer.

So if this is true and Wilco does come back to Vermont this summer, I'm thinking they will actually be playing the Champlain Valley Fairgrounds. Unless the Shelburne Museum is putting something together to book their own shows, sans Higher Ground (and presumably they don't view Wilco fans as a threat like Furthur fans), but that would be surprising to me.

Furthur was supposed to play there in the summer, show was announced in March and sold out within days. A week before the show was set to happen, the plug gets pulled. The Shelburne Museum (venue) blamed town officials. Town officials say they had nothing to do with it. Venue backtracks, essentially says that they're afraid of legions of ticketless hippies showing up anyway and destroying the idyllic grounds of the museum. Higher Ground (local rock club + promoter of Shelburne Museum shows) didn't know the plug was getting pulled, either. That's how I remember it, anyway. Here's a better explanation:

http://www.7dvt.com/2010what-long-strange-stupid-effing-trip-its-been

• 2 weeks later...

Furthur was supposed to play there in the summer, show was announced in March and sold out within days. A week before the show was set to happen, the plug gets pulled. The Shelburne Museum (venue) blamed town officials. Town officials say they had nothing to do with it. Venue backtracks, essentially says that they're afraid of legions of ticketless hippies showing up anyway and destroying the idyllic grounds of the museum. Higher Ground (local rock club + promoter of Shelburne Museum shows) didn't know the plug was getting pulled, either. That's how I remember it, anyway. Here's a better explanation:

http://www.7dvt.com/2010what-long-strange-stupid-effing-trip-its-been

wow, this def gives some cred to Furthur. head's haven't been controversial since touch of gray. way to go bob and phil.

Anyone have any idea what time they're set to actually play in Denton, and if there is an opener?

Not 100 percent sure about the time, though if show time is listed as 8 p.m., I would guess Wilco would probably take the stage sometime around 9. And I believe that Smith Westerns are opening.

I just saw that Pieholden suite is in the top ten requested songs list for Toronto March 22.

I think everyone should vote like crazy for that song!!!!

I heard he played it solo last year, but i never got to hear it.

Man, i would love to hear him do that one.

• 1 month later...