• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

huh i didn't realize he was playing here... Natick, too.

Yup.  Going to both.  Bought tickets for Natick then thought I was going to be away so I bought tickets for Newburyport.  Then realized that I wasn't going away so I've got lots of Robyn this week!

The National

Should be an interesting experience based off of you not seeing them for so long & them playing the majority of their forthcoming album. I think they played only like 4 older songs on the 1st 2 shows on this lil tour.

Should be an interesting experience based off of you not seeing them for so long & them playing the majority of their forthcoming album. I think they played only like 4 older songs on the 1st 2 shows on this lil tour.

I thought the pacing was odd. Songs were good but too many slower ones in a row. The crowd seemed kind of indifferent all the way to the end of the show.

Saw OHMME last night at the Bug Jar in Rochester, NY. They were great! Beautiful voices and great guitar interplay. Drummer is good, too.

Go see them....Detroit tonight @ Deluxx Fluxx, and touring the midwest and west until end of May. Then, SSF on 6/29. We'll be in front.

saw Sarah Borges at a woefully under attended show at City Winery last night.  fun show, i think people here would dig her music. kinda rockabilly/country rock with a great presentation. didn't realize Alex from Worshipper was playing guitar in her band now. the dude can rip!

Saw OHMME last night at the Bug Jar in Rochester, NY. They were great! Beautiful voices and great guitar interplay. Drummer is good, too.

Go see them....Detroit tonight @ Deluxx Fluxx, and touring the midwest and west until end of May. Then, SSF on 6/29. We'll be in front.

I'll see you in the front row at SSF! Ohmme are terrific!

I thought the pacing was odd. Songs were good but too many slower ones in a row. The crowd seemed kind of indifferent all the way to the end of the show.

Yeah, I've found about 4 songs from that show and Not In Kansas name drops not only R.E.M., but also Begin The Begin. All 4 were ballads, but really nice.

Van Morrison was, unsurprisingly, very impressive. Really tight band of great musicians, Van's voice was in top form (he can still belt it out) and a wide variety of his tunes from throughout his career. The highlight for me was "Ballerina" from Astral Weeks. It was great to share time and space in a beautiful room like the Chicago Theatre with a master of his craft, really glad I went. Oh yeah, after we walked in, I got in line for a beer and found $40 bucks.