Back on point I have welcomed and enjoyed each recent offering of the last 2 and the tours as well.

I am glad they are clamping down on leaking it and just teasing it hopefully they will slate some tv time in Sept prior to the drop..

In terms of Larger fan base... They Could have Sold Out a 8,000 Seat Pavilion in Boston Nearly did it on Blue Sky Tour

instead the Band Opted to Play Wang 3,500 (btw only 2-3 rows left in Nosebleeds)

More Power to them for structuring their Growth while being True to their Heritage and Fan Base

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sort of have a tradition with my favorite bands. I go and buy the CD at my local record store the day their new album releases. I've been doing it for 10 years or so. The only Wilco leak I've ever taken advantage of was WTA.. I think leaks kind or ruin albums for me. I can't be sure, but I think it ruined MMJ's Evil Urges, and WTA for me.. There's just something about unwrapping a brand new album and listening while checking out the artwork etc.. A (often poor quality) leak just takes away the value.. At least for me..

I am exactly the same way. I haven't downloaded a record off a torrent site in over 10 years. (Not to say I don't download live shows).

If I appreciate a band enough to jump through hoops to steal their music, then I can certainly spare the bucks to buy their product.

A link to a new article with interesting tidbits about new album. I might lyrics started as grunting.

http://www.chicagoma...e-on-New-Label/

Love that chart dissection. Don't think I've ever seen something like that before. "Nils [sp] Cline's swarm of bees guitar." "Cline's frantic shredding." Can't remember the last time I've been so psyched for a new release. Having already heard a bunch of the tunes played live certainly helps.

I sort of have a tradition with my favorite bands. I go and buy the CD at my local record store the day their new album releases. I've been doing it for 10 years or so.

You have a local record store? I think the closest record store to me is about an hour away, and that includes biggies like Borders, B&N, Walmart & Target.

A guy on At Ease posted this from someone who has heard the record (plus track lengths). Jesus I am getting so excited.

so I was tipped off by a very reliable source that Art of Almost is 7:15 ("very, very awesome and unlike the other songs") and Song for Jane Smiley's Boyfriend is 12:02 ("all acoustic, same guitar riff, some piano, very somber and reminds me of Nick Drake or something from YHF..I love it. it's not boring at all")

01. Art of Almost (7:15)

02. I Might (3:59)

03. Sunloathe (3:18)

04. Dawned on Me (3:40)

05. Black Moon (3:53)

06. Born Alone (3:55)

07. Open Mind (3:37)

08. Capital City (4:01)

09. Standing O (3:29)

10. Rising Red Lung (2:59)

11. Whole Love (3:47)

12. One Sunday Morning/Song for Jane Smiley's Boyfriend (12:02)

he also said it's definitely better than the last two since it feels "more organic and emotional" and again, compared a lot of things to YHF outtakes but reiterated that the trailer and Art of Almost are red herrings. there's "a ton of organ and keys like the beach boys used in the 60s" (mellotron? fun.png) and a ton of "very Wilco" riffs. the pacing on the album is supposedly very weird too..

A guy on At Ease posted this from someone who has heard the record (plus track lengths). Jesus I am getting so excited.

Hmm. The track listing via Last.FM showed Born Alone as being 2:35 which is what I was talking about yesterday, but didn't want to bring it up and have another 5 pages a la the One Wing discussion (album vs. Work In Progress version). Interesting. I thought maybe they decided to hit the fade button before the awesome ending. I'll check and see if the other times match up with Last.FM. I seem to recall that Standing O was surprisingly listed as 4:00 which seemed too long compared to the Solid Sound live version.

A link to a new article with interesting tidbits about new album. I might lyrics started as grunting.

http://www.chicagoma...e-on-New-Label/

That is a great article. Oddly, it seems to have increased my excitement while steadying my anticipation. The more in-depth song descriptions feel like a little preview as opposed to the teaser that had me :bounce8

Weird all the track lengths on Wikipedia are different as well. It would be a shame for Born Alone to be that short though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Whole_Love

All lyrics written by Jeff Tweedy.
  1. "Art of Almost" – 7:16
  2. "I Might" – 3:58
  3. "Sunloathe" – 3:19
  4. "Dawned on Me" – 3:40
  5. "Black Moon" – 3:56
  6. "Born Alone" – 2:35
  7. "Open Mind" – 3:14
  8. "Capitol City" – 4:03
  9. "Standing O" – 4:02
  10. "Rising Red Lung" – 3:09
  11. "Whole Love" – 4:25
  12. "One Sunday Morning (Song for Jane Smiley's Boyfriend)" – 12:03

I don't think there was a stream, otherwise it would be fully leaked.

I bet they did something like make a few carefully chosen music journalists swear to give their firstborn child to Tony Margherita if it got out, then when they agreed, sent them a new form of mp3 that auto-erased after a single listen. Or maybe tied them up and threw them in a trunk of a bull black nova, took them to the loft where the band previewed the cd, journalist(s) still blindfolded.

I don't think there was a stream, otherwise it would be fully leaked.

I bet they did something like make a few carefully chosen music journalists swear to give their firstborn child to Tony Margherita if it got out, then when they agreed, sent them a new form of mp3 that auto-erased after a single listen. Or maybe tied them up and threw them in a trunk of a bull black nova, took them to the loft where the band previewed the cd, journalist(s) still blindfolded.

...or maybe just gave them a watermarked CD the good old fashioned way?