• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^It's billed as a 40th anniversary tour so I don't see Wildflowers being really represented to much in this tour

He says as much in the Rollingstone article: ""The 40th anniversary kind of got in the way of that," he says. "I looked at the tour they booked and it was all big places. The Wildflowers tour will have to be in smaller places because it's just a lot of quiet and a lot of it is acoustic. It would be wrong to focus on one album for that tour."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/tom-petty-40th-anniversary-tour-might-be-last-big-one-w454754

^I hope he does the Wildflower tour still though as I am more interested in that then the 40th anniversary shows!

Me, too.  Or the Echo tour that Benmont mentioned!  Echo, No More, Lonesome Sundown, Room At The Top, Swingin', Free Girl Now, Billy The Kid, it was a really good album although kinda dark, but powerful. I think it has aged very well. They played very little of it when they toured around that time in 1999, probably because it was deemed too dark and depressing for live shows.

Me, too.  Or the Echo tour that Benmont mentioned!  Echo, No More, Lonesome Sundown, Room At The Top, Swingin', Free Girl Now, Billy The Kid, it was a really good album although kinda dark, but powerful. I think it has aged very well. They played very little of it when they toured around that time in 1999, probably because it was deemed too dark and depressing for live shows.

I thought it was really cool that Benmont mentioned this too...  I feel like Echo is Petty's forgotten album, and it's so strong from beginning to end.

This does sound promising, but I'm still not holding my breath for a full on rarities tour.

While nothing is definite at the moment, Petty is into the idea of playing the title track to 1978's You're Gonna Get It (unplayed since New Year's Eve 1978) and the mournful "Room at the Top" from 1999's Echo, while Tench wants to play the title track to Echo, the Damn the Torpedoes classic "Louisiana Rain" and "Stories We Could Tell," an Everly Brothers song they released on their 1985 live album Pack Up the Plantation. Guitarist Mike Campbell, meanwhile, hopes to convince the group to break out break out "Fooled Again," "Luna" and "Hurt," all of which come from their first two albums.

This does sound promising, but I'm still not holding my breath for a full on rarities tour.

While nothing is definite at the moment, Petty is into the idea of playing the title track to 1978's You're Gonna Get It (unplayed since New Year's Eve 1978) and the mournful "Room at the Top" from 1999's Echo, while Tench wants to play the title track to Echo, the Damn the Torpedoes classic "Louisiana Rain" and "Stories We Could Tell," an Everly Brothers song they released on their 1985 live album Pack Up the Plantation. Guitarist Mike Campbell, meanwhile, hopes to convince the group to break out break out "Fooled Again," "Luna" and "Hurt," all of which come from their first two albums.

Something tells me TP has the last say on what they will play, which means we might hear You're Gonna Get It and/or Room at the Top on this next tour.

Spare us the cutter.

Hahahahahahahaha! Well done and thank you.

^yeah prices are bonkers..I'll pick up a cheap one week of on stubhub..

Wow so I was just on the Tom Petty ticketmaster for Newark. $49.50 ticket is $70 after fees! TM added a new obnoxious order processing charge I have never seen before! Seriously f ticketmaster its so repulsive.

^ I know I know..however there is a new $6.50 order processing fee I have never seen before on ticketmaster! I try whenever I can to pick up tickets at the boxoffice to avoid this stuff and unfortunately more shows are getting to be out of budget for me. I go to 50-80 shows a year I got to start capping off some of the higher priced shows. In addition earlier in the week they had a presale which had an option called aisle seats. They would only sell aisle seats in pairs. Seriously?!?!? Between all the presales, restrictions, platinum tickets, bots etc it takes dedication to get anything decent at a good price..sorry just venting

• 4 months later...

The classic Warner Bros Records album Wildflowers will be reissued at a later date and individual titles from the band's Universal Music catalog will be released this summer.

That's it for now! Thanks to you as always...

The Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers Team

Setlist - nothing too special here:

Rockin' Around (With You)

(first time played since 1983)

Mary Jane's Last Dance

You Don't Know How It Feels

Forgotten Man

You Got Lucky

(first time played since 2010)

I Won't Back Down

Free Fallin'

American Dream Plan B

Walls

It's Good to Be King

Don't Come Around Here No More

Wildflowers

Something Good Coming

(first time played since 2012)

Play Video

Time to Move On

Learning to Fly

Yer So Bad

I Should Have Known It

Refugee

Runnin' Down a Dream

Encore:

You Wreck Me

Play Video

American Girl

I think Wildflowers is pretty special hope that stays in the set!

Totally agree. Heavy on the Wildflowers in that set. Surprised he has 4 songs from the last two albums in the setlist given their reception. 

Nothing from Echo.  Weird since at least three different members of the band have gone on record about how neglected that record has been.

I'd like to see some of the Hypnotic Eye material live. There's some excellent material on there.  Very strong playing from Mike Campbell