Looks like he will be touring with Steve Winwood. That's almost enough to get me to buy a ticket, as I have never seen Stevie, and am a big fan of Traffic. But even the nosebleed seats are $53 after you add in the Ticketbastard fees. Nah. I just don't like being that far away. The good seats are $150. Not bad, but too much for me at this point.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

new song is not great. Opening riff sounds like old guys trying to sound young. He really hasn't had a good single since She's The One, has he?

I like Echo quite a bit-- Room at the Top and Swingin' were the notable singles, I think. IMHO Echo's a stronger album than She's The One, which basically feels like a bunch of Wildflowers b-sides.

It's not a Heartbreakers album, but Highway Companion is a decent listen too.

I've listened to Mojo maybe 5 times and don't intend on revisiting it again any time soon. The new single shows some promise.

I like Echo quite a bit-- Room at the Top and Swingin' were the notable singles, I think. IMHO Echo's a stronger album than She's The One, which basically feels like a bunch of Wildflowers b-sides.

It's not a Heartbreakers album, but Highway Companion is a decent listen too.

I've listened to Mojo maybe 5 times and don't intend on revisiting it again any time soon. The new single shows some promise.

Don't forgot about that Mudcrutch album. I am still hoping they are going to do another one of those.

• 2 weeks later...

Exclusive Live Album

• Digital download of a live album only available to Highway Companions Club Members.
"Live 2013" includes eleven tracks recorded during the Heartbreakers' 2013 concerts in New York, Los Angeles, and at Bonnaroo – hand-picked by Tom. Download will be available in both FLAC and high-quality MP3 formats.

Tracklist

1. So You Want To Be A Rock 'N' Roll Star (Live From The Beacon Theatre)
2. (I’m Not Your) Steppin' Stone (Live From The Beacon Theatre)
3. Love Is A Long Road (Live From The Fonda Theatre)
4. Two Gunslingers (Live From The Beacon Theatre)
5. When A Kid Goes Bad (Live From The Fonda Theatre)
6. Willin’ (Live From The Fonda Theatre)
7. The Best of Everything (Live From The Fonda Theatre)
8. Tweeter & The Monkey Man (Live From The Beacon Theatre)
9. Baby Please Don’t Go (Live From The Fonda Theatre)
10. Rebels (Live From Bonnaroo)
11. Woman In Love (Live From Bonnaroo)

o0yw5d.jpg

Just got 4 tix for the Dallas show. Looking forward to seeing Steve Winwood, too. Don't really care how much the cost was, considering I blow several hundred dollars on dinner everyday. Big decision now is whether to fly down there in my G5 or just buy a limo and have my assistant drive us.

Hmmmm... Decisions, decisions.

• 1 month later...

I watched the Peter Bogdanovich-directed documentary Runnin' Down a Dream last night. Very well done and made me appreciate Petty's attitude, song-writing, and music just a little bit more....

I think Wildflowers is very underrated as well, a lot of great songs on that record.

My favorite hands down. I would put it in my top 5 "road trip/driving" albums and this is a very important category in my musical catalog. The album goes up, down, in and out and can be interpreted many different ways.

• 2 months later...

We had a great time in Dallas...

So You Want to Be a Rock 'n' Roll Star

Mary Jane's Last Dance

American Dream Plan B

Into the Great Wide Open

Forgotten Man

I Won't Back Down

Free Fallin'

A Woman in Love (It's Not Me)

U Get Me High

Rebels

Yer So Bad

Learning to Fly

Shadow People

I Should Have Known It

Refugee

Runnin' Down a Dream

Encore:

You Wreck Me

American Girl

• 1 year later...

I'm listening to all the TP albums today:

• Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (1976)
  • You're Gonna Get It! (1978)
  • Damn the Torpedoes (1979)
  • Hard Promises (1981)
  • Long After Dark (1982)
  • Southern Accents (1985)
  • Let Me Up (I've Had Enough) (1987)
  • Full Moon Fever (1989)
  • Into the Great Wide Open (1991)
  • Wildflowers (1994)
  • Songs and Music from "She's the One" (1996)
  • Echo (1999)
  • The Last DJ (2002)
  • Highway Companion (2006)
  • Mojo (2010)
  • Hypnotic Eye (2014)

When you listen to the albums in order you really notice how the songs/sound changes. The first three have a definite sound and then it changes with Hard Promises and then again with Southern Accents. I have to say I end up skipping most of that album up through Into The Great Wide Open. To me - I really like the run of albums from Wildflowers up through Echo. I have not really listened to the last two albums enough to say anything about them. I have been reading about a Wildflowers boxset/deluxe edition that is suppose to be coming out sometime. Maybe next year.