Sometimes Steve Parish makes me think of this dude who I see on the bus that's always talking about stuff you may or may not know about.

Where else are you going to see Bob Weir talking to Beth Orton about baseball? Far out, man.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my May '77 box, looking forward to this weekend.  First up will be the St. Louis show I was at.

[img=http://viachicago.org/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] May 77 box.jpg

Not that any additional proof was necessary, but the May '77 box again evidences that May 1977 was a truly special era for the Dead. Firing on all cylinders. The audio quality is spectacular. Getting to listen to this St. Louis show I was at. I have a good memory of where I was sitting, who I was with, but not not much for the show itself. Man, this show smokes! I've now forgotten how much I paid for this, so now I'm just glad to have it :)

Gotta love that Bobby's first gig back after his 'vacation' he opened with "Easy To Slip". Beat everyone to the punch, and his warped sense of humor is intact.

Gotta love that Bobby's first gig back after his 'vacation' he opened with "Easy To Slip". Beat everyone to the punch, and his warped sense of humor is intact.

Love his version but the original LF version still kicks its ass.

There's some good outtakes stuff from when Lowell George was producing Shakedown St. for the band. If no one here has heard it, seek it out. A great version of Good Lovin' with Lowell singing lead= awesome as hell.

Wow, I'm sorta surprised Bobby smokes. Why bother with that fancy diet of his if you're just gonna ingest poisons in another manner?

Anyone interested in catching any of the line up at Telluride Bluegrass Fest (going on right now), here's a free live stream:http://koto.org/

Here's the line up:

http://www.bluegrass.com/telluride/lineup.html

Wow, I'm sorta surprised Bobby smokes. Why bother with that fancy diet of his if you're just gonna ingest poisons in another manner?

Likely a joint, no? I know he used to smoke butts but don't think he does anymore.

Where the heck is my Dave's Picks announcement? Supposed to ship on 8/1...

The tension is KILLING me!  :lol

I like the expectation. Maybe they'll finally give us some more Early Brent Era.

If that was true, I think you would have a lot of people complaining. I bet something like that will probably end as a big expensive boxset type of release.

If that was true, I think you would have a lot of people complaining. I bet something like that will probably end as a big expensive boxset type of release.

If they threw in the BCT shows that immediately preceded Veneta that would be really sweet.

I bought the NRPS show from 8/27 many years ago. If you guys haven't picked that one up it's definitely worth the $$$.

If they threw in the BCT shows that immediately preceded Veneta that would be really sweet.

I bought the NRPS show from 8/27 many years ago. If you guys haven't picked that one up it's definitely worth the $$$.

Never realized they had a 4 night run at Berkley before the Veneta shows - need to check them out.

An early 80's show for the PIck would be great. 

The first 15 minutes or so on this week's XM's Tales show was about this year's Solid Sound Fest - Gary Lambert, who is a huge WIlco fan, called in briefly to talk about the fest.

Glad it wasn't just because they played Ripple. :lol

Gary did talk about that a bit -- I guess Jeff flubbed some lyrics (I haven't had a chance to listen to Friday's show, yet) during Ripple.

Gary did say that Solid Sound is still the best fest going and that Wilco is the best live band going, too. (I don't that he has converted Gans, though.)

Never realized they had a 4 night run at Berkley before the Veneta shows - need to check them out.

I'm not usually given to hyperbole (ok, well maybe sometimes  :stunned ) but the Dark Star > Dew from 8/24 might be about my favorite ever of this combo. Keith works the Rhodes in a way that reminds me quite a bit of Bitches Brew era Joe Zawinul. It's really remarkable.

No worries, Bobby is giving Jeff a refresher so he can learn it for good!

Yeah, I just read that - that's pretty cool. I'm guessing since Dylan is on the bill, taping will not be allowed.

Yeah, I just read that - that's pretty cool. I'm guessing since Dylan is on the bill, taping will not be allowed.

True, but I suspect there will be YouTube videos from people's cell phones popping up, and ultimately someone will cobble together some sort of AUD recording. I see Dylan shows online all the time, just not soundboards.

Glad it wasn't just because they played Ripple. :lol

ripple.. ha!so wilco gave it a run friday night :stunned it was sorta great, nels w some mandolin, a little shaky at the end, played way swell all the way through, and then jeff got a little off the beam for the last couple verses (heartfelt well played version by band all the way through).

telling a friend at work about it today, he said "just like jerry!" and i giggled like a schoolgirl.

"

I see Dylan shows on Dime a Dozen. Not a lot of them, but they do appear.

I see Dylan shows on Dime a Dozen. Not a lot of them, but they do appear.

I should have wrote typical taping (mic's on stands out in the open, etc.).  I have a crap load of Dylan tapes, probably too many. I am sure a  tape made by a stealth taper will appear eventually.  I think Suites tapes every now and then - maybe he taped it.