Dylan, Wilco, My Morning Jacket summer tour

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Bridgeport, I'm trying right now to buy them during the presale but it says I need an access code to get in; not the "TENACIOUS" one used to get into the ticketmaster presale either. Not sure what's going on. Anyone?

http://www.bridgeportbluefish.com/event/details/150

I tried it just to see if it would work and it did for me. But it looks like the site's getting hammered right now, was very slow.

I've been trying for 90 minutes and it still won't let me "check out." Each time I try, it (eventually) goes to the "problem loading page/Connection has timed out" page. Ugh!

Same here, this has got to be the worst web site known to man!!!

Cool. I know Bridgeport is a dump but this venue is pretty neat and to see a lineup like this in my home state at a minor league park AND with General Admission is an absolute no-brainer. Pumped!! :banana :guitar

Plus it's across the street from my work and on a Friday, I know where Happy Hour will be!!!

Doesn't look like the Chicago show sold very well on the first day of sales. I'm able to pull up some seats that are pretty sweet 8 hours after onsale...

Ticket sales for Chicago must be terrible.  You can still pull 4 seats in the center field section. 

Checked out the Toronto pre-sale and the front center section 102 (covered) was available so I went for it.  I usually have to cross a border and drive or fly for hours to see the band so I couldn't pass it up.  Three hours after I bought my ticket there were still seats in that section and I haven't checked back today.

ticket availability thread, anyone?

"Lotsa open seats for the Gary Glitter Reunion Tour with Special Guest KC and the Sunshine Band"

go

Interesting the pricing of this tour. The $$ varies widely from show to show.  And the variety of venues too, from sheds to ball parks.  I'll be hitting the Bridgeport show, and it's all general admission for $68!

Keep in mind that Dylan is selling "hot ticket" packages or whatever they call them that allow early entry at a lot of these places. So even though it's all GA at some venues, folks who paid for those "hot tickets" will be getting in before the "regular" GA folks. At least that's my understanding. Best to set your expectations properly if you care about being right up front... :glare

It is interesting that the "regular" pricing does seem to vary at least a little bit from venue to venue, though.

Guest Jules

Well you've brought up this "scam" about the higher priced seats a few times, so I thought it was necessary to point out it is not a scam or penalty or anything like that.  Just a higher price that people are apparently willing to pay. 

Well you've brought up this "scam" about the higher priced seats a few times, so I thought it was necessary to point out it is not a scam or penalty or anything like that.  Just a higher price that people are apparently willing to pay. 

The Bridgeport Bluefish website was a mess until almost noon last week. Thankfully I got tickets, and an email later acknowledging the fact that their system locked up while I was in checkout mode saying I could get my tickets had I not gotten them earlier. 80 bucks for Wilco, Jacket and Dylan sets is the steal of the summer even if you don't stay for the entire Dylan set.

Should be interesting as Wilco will be a well oiled machine by July and the Jacket has taken a bit of a hiatus while JJ tours solo. I still see both bands killing every single show this on this tour.

Virginia Beach alert: Apparently during the pre-sale and even up through yesterday, there was a glitch in the Live Nation/Ticketmaster website so that pit tickets were not showing up as available at all. Also, I had earlier been informed that IF pit tickets were available they would be reserved seating.

Well, I have now been in touch with the box office manager who was able to exchange my former seats for pit tickets AND she told me that the entire pit is GA. She indicated that they've now corrected the website to include pit availability.

So this is just a heads up to anyone going to VA Beach. If you prefer pit over whatever you got already, jump in now before they're all gone! They really do honor that exchange policy, but if you have problems online or with Ticketmaster, call the venue box office like I did.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe we already knew this, but according to the 9:30 Club's blast email this week, Wilco will play a "full set" at the Americanarama shows.

I went ahead and bought a pit ticket for Merriweather, which are apparently still available on a will-call-only basis.