Dylan, Wilco, My Morning Jacket summer tour

I'm torn between Bridgeport, CT and Mansfield, MA. About equidistant for us.

I've never been to the venue in Bridgeprt, but the town itself is awful. Really awful.

The venue in Mansfield is nice, but the parking lot is a nightmare. It can take over an hour to get out after a show.

Again , hopefully the ticket prices will be reasonable.

I'm hitting both shows.

The ball park is across the street from where I work, and it's a Friday so for me that's a no brainer, happy hour at the ball park ;^)

It's a small minor league park in the Independent League (not affiliated with a Major League baseball team), it's right next to the arena, train station, bus station and Long Island Ferry, and right off the highway very convenient although traffic can be a bitch.

This is as close as I'll ever get to Wilco playing in my back yard!!!!

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah! - the newly expanded Charter One would have been a much better choice. Nice line up, though -- MMJ doesn't do much for me, though - seen them twice, they were okay.

Agreed ...    

While doors are listed as 4, the show time for the St. Paul date on Wilco's site says 5:30, which would mean possibly only an hour for MMJ and Wilco sadly :(

My guess:

5:30-6 Richard Thompson

6:30-7:30 MMJ

8-9 Wilco

9:30-11 Bob

I don't see a show at Midway going later than 11 sadly, as there are homes nearby

Dylan is going to get blown off the stage by not one but two opening acts if my past experiences with all three bands is any indication. It will be interesting to see if he rises to the occasion.

Is the Hoboken show essentially a NY show?

Sadly , there's no way Bob alone can rise to the occasion, given the state of his voice. My bet is that his "progeny" (Jeff and Jim) will join him onstage for the last hour, to help out with vocals. I think Bob must recognize the limitations of his vocals these days.

Sadly , there's no way Bob alone can rise to the occasion, given the state of his voice. My bet is that his "progeny" (Jeff and Jim) will join him onstage for the last hour, to help out with vocals. I think Bob must recognize the limitations of his vocals these days.

Has this ever happened?  Just curious. I can't see Dylan doing this, but maybe things have changed.

LouieB

it seems like every time dylan tours its with an opening band that i assume will join in on vocals for a it of bobs set. 

never happens.

not saying it wont here, just that id be shocked.

Showtime for the Fiddler's Green Amphitheater show in Denver is 5:30, with Ryan Bingham opening (not Richard Thompson). And the facility has a hard curfew of 10:00PM. So...

If Ryan Bingham plays 5:30-6:00, that leaves a total of four hours for three stage changes and three headliners. Even if you assume 20 minutes per set change (which would be fastest I've ever seen), that's exactly an hour per set for each of the top three acts.

Yikes. It sounded so good on paper.

it seems like every time dylan tours its with an opening band that i assume will join in on vocals for a it of bobs set. 

never happens.

not saying it wont here, just that id be shocked.

Mark Knopfler opened and then performed with Bob as recently as 2012 although I don't think he helped with vocals.

I'm hitting both shows.

The ball park is across the street from where I work, and it's a Friday so for me that's a no brainer, happy hour at the ball park ;^)

It's a small minor league park in the Independent League (not affiliated with a Major League baseball team), it's right next to the arena, train station, bus station and Long Island Ferry, and right off the highway very convenient although traffic can be a bitch.

This is as close as I'll ever get to Wilco playing in my back yard!!!!

Thanks for the info, Bosco (and sorry to have maligned your home town :) )

I'm leaning toward Mansfield, partly because I think there may be less likelihood of an early curfew. Could be wrong, though.

Dylan is going to get blown off the stage by not one but two opening acts if my past experiences with all three bands is any indication. It will be interesting to see if he rises to the occasion.

Is the Hoboken show essentially a NY show?

I agree, the Dylan I saw 23 years ago would have needed a small ladder to rise to the level of "good". I hope he redeems himself this time.

Mark Knopfler opened and then performed with Bob as recently as 2012 although I don't think he helped with vocals.

That's Mark Knopfler.  By contrast Jim and Jeff are just kids.  I doubt it will happen. I could see Richard Thompson joining him for some guitar though. Who doesn't want Richard Thompson to play with them??  I have seen him join Emmylou recently and Patti Smith a few years back. 

LouieB

was that the highest price though? 

if so that's not bad at all... honestly expecting $100-120+ for closest seats for this tour.

Cincinnati, OH

getting close to that $100 :thumbdown

US $26.50 - US $76.50 US $26.50 Ticket + US $13.35 Fees =

US $39.85 US $76.50 Ticket + US $17.10 Fees =

US $93.60

+ $3.50 parking per ticket

I don't understand these festival shows, I went to the Camden show last year with Dr. Dog and Avett Brothers and Wilco played a stadard short set, it seems to me that it would be simple to just start the shows earlier and that way all the acts would get a nice long set, instead we're looking at 45 minutes to an hour of Wilco. Philly deserves a proper Wilco headlining show!