JT Solo Shows Announced

Moderator edit:  See all Tweedy solo tour shows listed at Wilcoworld:  http://wilcoworld.net/#!/shows/

Couple More JT Solo Shows Announced

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/121095/Jeff-Tweedy-Adds-A-Pair-Of-Solo-Dates

On June 5 Tweedy will play the Masonic Temple in Detroit. Then, on June 10, Jeff brings his solo show to the Lincoln Theatre in Washington, D.C. Pre-sales for both shows take place on Wednesday, March 26, at 10 a.m. ET. The general on-sales follow on Friday, March 28, at 10 a.m. ET. These two headlining dates come in addition to festival appearances at Mountain Jam in Hunter, NY and the Toronto Urban Roots Fest in Toronto scheduled for that same week.

http://wilcoworld.net/#!/new-jeff-tweedy-shows-announced-in-detroit-mi-washington-dc/

05 Jun 2014 / Detroit, MI / Masonic Temple
Wilcoworld pre-sale: Weds., March 26 at 10AM EDT
On sale: Fri., March 28 at 10AM EDT

10 Jun 2014 / Washington, DC / Lincoln Theatre
Wilcoworld pre-sale: Weds., March 26 at 10AM EDT
On sale: Fri., March 28 at 10AM EDT

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toronto Urban Roots Festival - listed as one of the headliners July 4-6:  http://torontourbanrootsfest.com/lineup/

The Ottawa Bluesfest starts the same weekend and runs for 10 days - it brings in a lot of big acts (many of which are anything but blues)...I could see a show being added to that one.  The lineup hasn't been announced there yet.

Do NOT stay in the Cass Corridor.  The area once known for pimps, prostitutes and drugs has done a lot of cleaning up, it's true. But I wouldn't stay there.  I'm not really sure what your budget is, so best bet will be to check out reviews on Priceline, Expedia, Yelp and whatnot. 

Philadelphia hasn't had a solo show in as long as I can remember. It would be nice if Jeff played there on June 9 or June 11. I'll go to DC if I have to, but Philadelphia is less of a hassle, especially in terms of traffic.

Philadelphia Folk Festival, same summer as first Solid Sound

He's edging ever closer to Newport...

Man, that would be so perfect.  I've got my fingers crossed.

I've already got my Newport ticket just based on the lineup so far, but yes, that would be so awesome. I really think it's a good bet, too, since it's Mavis's 75th celebration on Sunday. Who better to join her than Jeff, who's contributed so much to her resurgence?

I've already got my Newport ticket just based on the lineup so far, but yes, that would be so awesome. I really think it's a good bet, too, since it's Mavis's 75th celebration on Sunday. Who better to join her than Jeff, who's contributed so much to her resurgence?

Exactly.

I can be happy with the Newport lineup as is, which features some of my favorites (Mavis, The Milk Carton Kids, Nickel Creek, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Dawes and Conor Oberst, Aoife O'Donovan, Trampled by Turtles, Phox, and so on)  so I will be content regardless, but Jeff Tweedy would be the perfect capper.

It is a great lineup so far, but I imagine there is still a bit to be announced.  Right now to look at the line up, Saturday has fewer artists than Friday, and I would think that would be the heaviest day.  I can't imagine Nickel Creek is going to be the headliner on Saturday, given who the headliners have been the last few years.  Also, isn't Deer Tick always there in some capacity?  

I'm looking forward to seeing Phox again, love Dawes.  I think I need to listen to more Conor Oberst.  Last time I saw him, at the aftershow at the Jane Perkins theater in Newport, I kept thinking that he has such a depth of material that I would get more out of it if I were more familiar with it.

Does anyone have plans for going to after shows?

It is a great lineup so far, but I imagine there is still a bit to be announced. Right now to look at the line up, Saturday has fewer artists than Friday, and I would think that would be the heaviest day. I can't imagine Nickel Creek is going to be the headliner on Saturday, given who the headliners have been the last few years. Also, isn't Deer Tick always there in some capacity?

I'm looking forward to seeing Phox again, love Dawes. I think I need to listen to more Conor Oberst. Last time I saw him, at the aftershow at the Jane Perkins theater in Newport, I kept thinking that he has such a depth of material that I would get more out of it if I were more familiar with it.

Does anyone have plans for going to after shows?

Yeah, the lineup is getting pretty good. I'm most excited for Shovels and Rope, The Milk Carton Kids and Gregory Alan Isakov so far.

Mavis is the only headliner announced as of now, and if Jeff's going to appear I'm betting it'll be Sunday right before her.

We're going Saturday (with the kids) & Sunday (without). Really looking forward to a fun couple of days. We should definitely all arrange some sort of meet-up at the Fort if only to say hello and put faces to names.

I've got my folks to watch the kids for the weekend, so it is just my husband and myself, no one else we hang around with are going.  We lucked out with a room at the Admiral Fitzroy right in town.  It's too far for us to go back and forth.  We'd love to meet up.

I've got my folks to watch the kids for the weekend, so it is just my husband and myself, no one else we hang around with are going. We lucked out with a room at the Admiral Fitzroy right in town. It's too far for us to go back and forth. We'd love to meet up.

We'll be driving to & from both days - we only live about an hour & a half away. My in-laws are watching the girls for us on Sunday.

Sounds like Wilco Me and Cold As Gasoline are coming too. You guys in?

Philadelphia Folk Festival, same summer as first Solid Sound

I forgot about that. Still, it was a festival show. It seems like that's all Philadelphia gets anymore. The last two times Wilco have played in Philly, it's been as part of WXPN's festival, and both were shortened sets. Their last non-festival show there was in 2009. That seems weird to me.