JT Solo Shows Announced

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was waiting for shows to be announced closer to the CT area, I can't make Newport, my gut was telling me he would do a show at Mass MoCA kinda like Wilco did in their off year, but I can't wait any longer and I made the Baltimore plunge, I'll miss a couple days of work and drive down, I got my tix and booked my room, I'm good to go!

If I read the announcement correctly, all of these shows are with the new band and solo?

Thanks for coming to Milwaukee, Jeff! it has been ahwhile. can't wait to see ya!

Yes!  I scored two excellent tickets for Milwaukee in today's pre-sale.

Very excited to have snagged a pit ticket to the Dallas show! Never been to a show at the Majestic and I finally get to go.  I'm assuming the pit is GA but my ticket says Row 2 Seat 3, not too sure if that means anything though.

On a side note, it irks me how many tickets are already thrown up on StubHub (62).  I would imagine that presale is a fairly small percentage of the total capacity (1700), so I feel like that may be close to half of the tickets?  Just glad I got mine.

With the recent big announcements of solo album & new band on tour with Jeff, it's worth noting that the forthcoming Roadcase Shows #33 & #34 are up for pre-order.
Both of these will be from from this Jeff Tweedy solo/TWEEDY electric band tour & are available now for pre-order, with #33 being from the tour opener June 5th in Detroit & #34 from the June 10th Washington D.C. show.
Since it appears to be a bit shorter tour (though who knows if it'll get extended once the album is out) this is a great way for folks to hear both the new band, & the new material live.
http://wilco.kungfustore.com/categories/491-roadcase

Yeah- I keep pulling not so good seats now. I don't wanna pay for the last row of the venue. Especially when there's another pre-sale tomorrow and On Sale fri. Better chance to get a good seat. 

Yeah- I keep pulling not so good seats now. I don't wanna pay for the last row of the venue. Especially when there's another pre-sale tomorrow and On Sale fri. Better chance to get a good seat.

Good call.

Very excited to have snagged a pit ticket to the Dallas show! Never been to a show at the Majestic and I finally get to go.  I'm assuming the pit is GA but my ticket says Row 2 Seat 3, not too sure if that means anything though.

On a side note, it irks me how many tickets are already thrown up on StubHub (62).  I would imagine that presale is a fairly small percentage of the total capacity (1700), so I feel like that may be close to half of the tickets?  Just glad I got mine.

If I remember correctly from past shows at the Majestic the pit is just 2 or 3 rows all seats.  I kept trying and eventually got Row H.  Like you I'm happy I got something down on the floor.

Perfect venue for a solo show.

Looks like there's more, and this is one I would have done except I'll be at my folks in Florida that week!

A free show at LL Bean?  I'll be on vacation with the family, two summers ago I left vacation to catch Wilco at MassMoCA and Hartford, but I think I'll have to miss this one.  Too bad.  Wonder how many people they will let in for this?

I live in a town adjacent to Freeport - LL Bean is 10 minutes from my house. I have been to several of the free summer shows at LL Bean - Guster, The Head and the Heart were two that I saw last summer. People can go early in the AM to set up chairs on a small hill in front of the stage. I have never done that - just stood in back as I got there just before the shows start. I'll be putting a chair out for this one......

Crowds are fairly lame there, as folks from Freeport and surrounding towns go there to see the shows and often have no idea who it is who is playing. They are there to sit and listen to music - very low key. Age ranges at a show there go from babies to lots of teens (not much for teens to do in Maine) to college kids to tourists to families to middle aged folks like me to a surprisingly high number of seniors. OK, it should not be so surprising as Maine is the grayest state in the US. For those going to Freeport to see this FREE show, just be ready for lots of folks sitting on lawn chairs. For the whole show.

Having a Jeff Tweedy solo show at the LLBean free series is weird and wonderful all at the same time.  I'll be at Newport, so I won't make it.  But my parents will be up there so the free part might make them want to go.

Maybe he really wants to test out the new material in front of an audience of regular people who don't know him at all. Comedians do this all the time--test out new material in front of unusual audiences to see how it goes over with "civilians". I imagine it could be a learning experience. This would be a fun show to catch for sure, but I'll be at Newport too.

If I remember correctly from past shows at the Majestic the pit is just 2 or 3 rows all seats.  I kept trying and eventually got Row H.  Like you I'm happy I got something down on the floor.

Perfect venue for a solo show.

You are correct.  There is no standing room in the Majestic.  It's just two rows of seats up front.

The venue website for the Louisville show says "Jeff Tweedy with Special Guest The Minus 5" for the June 11 date. 

Songkick shows them with Jeff on June 9 and 10 (Baltimore and Washington), but not Louisville on the 11th.  And a few other dates w/o Jeff.

I'm very excited about that news.  Could get very interesting.

This is great news--I am so excited about the new band, and now to know that Scott McCaughey will be there too is just the icing on the cake. I love the interplay between him and Jeff--you can just feel the warmth between them. Also, I've never actually seen the Minus 5--wonder who'll be in the band this go round?

The venue website for the Louisville show says "Jeff Tweedy with Special Guest The Minus 5" for the June 11 date. 

Songkick shows them with Jeff on June 9 and 10 (Baltimore and Washington), but not Louisville on the 11th.  And a few other dates w/o Jeff.

I'm very excited about that news.  Could get very interesting.

Oh that is truly tantalizing...I'm betting songkick will be adding Louisville to the list (obviously the venue website isn't gonna be wrong about that)...

It's up on the Lincoln Theater website also (Washington D.C. venue), but not on the Baltimore venue's website just yet- though ticketfly has both of those listed for The Minus Five as well...I'm pretty sure it'll be, at least, those three & more of them if we're lucky.

FYI- I've seen the Pittsburgh show listed, on their official website, as being 7:30 to 9:00. That's a little short, & I'd say that means no opening act either...though I guess now that could change, who knows?

I saw the great Young Fresh Fellows back in the late 80's (they were just great!), but I haven't seen him since then.

I really love Scott's Spirit & his work with Jeff recently on the solo acoustic west coast swing last year. I'm seeing him this Summer when The Baseball Project come to Rochester, & now I'll have this to look forward to first.

I wonder what he'll end up playing with Jeff as duo, and/or with TWEEDY? Now that'll be some real fun!!!