JT Solo Shows Announced

This is great news--I am so excited about the new band, and now to know that Scott McCaughey will be there too is just the icing on the cake. I love the interplay between him and Jeff--you can just feel the warmth between them. Also, I've never actually seen the Minus 5--wonder who'll be in the band this go round?

The line-up in Jan. 2014 was- Scott McCaughey, Peter Buck, Bill Rieflin, John Ramberg & Josh Kantor for this terrific new song:

and...this great gut-bucket cover of my favorite Dr. Feelgood song "She Does It Right":

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure all of who got corralled together for this performance...could be the current lineup...looks like sweethearts Steve Wynn & Linda Pitmon (on guitar & drums respectively)- both of who play with Scott in The Baseball Project (which also features Peter Buck & Mike Mills)
"From the band's Record Store Day 2014 exclusive, Scott the Hoople in the Dungeon of Horror.":

The venue website for the Louisville show says "Jeff Tweedy with Special Guest The Minus 5" for the June 11 date. 

Songkick shows them with Jeff on June 9 and 10 (Baltimore and Washington), but not Louisville on the 11th.  And a few other dates w/o Jeff.

I'm very excited about that news.  Could get very interesting.

Now that's just weird, on my way in to work this morning I hadn't heard it in a while so I put on "Down With Wilco"!

Now that's just weird, on my way in to work this morning I hadn't heard it in a while so I put on "Down With Wilco"!

Borrowed your idea and played that on my way to work this morning too... I love the line "they call me deejay Mini-Mart cuz that's where I work."

Very excited about this announcement -- Joe Adragna, a friend of mine, will be drumming for The Minus 5!

After an extremely frustrating time getting tickets we ended up with 2 very nice seats at the Ryman. I was ready to throw my computer through the window by the end of it though. 

It's a bit disappointing to see almost 300 seats on stub hub for that show. That's almost 15% of the venue. 

I wonder if there'll be some new merch at these shows? Hope so--I simply do NOT have enough Tweedy/Wilco t-shirts (to fill up an entire closet, that is).

Edited: Stupid autocorrect kept changing merch to mercy!

I wonder if there'll be some new merch at these shows? Hope so--I simply do NOT have enough Tweedy/Wilco t-shirts (to fill up an entire closet, that is).

Edited: Stupid autocorrect kept changing merch to mercy!

That's hilarious, Diane! I was thinking the same thing! My Wilco t-shirt supply is running low.... ;)

This afternoon, while driving around, I played the AGIB bonus CD and listened to Panthers for the first time in a while. It hit me that the new band's sound--and Jeff's new songs--might sound like something along those lines. I'm not good at articulating why, but something about the spare sound of that song just sounds like it might be a direction Jeff wants to be heading in.

Then again, maybe it'll be gangsta rap--who knows?? But I'm really enjoying speculating.

We can all get a free preview of what's to come in the next few weeks thanks to Mountain Jam offering their webcast for free this year: http://www.jambands.com/news/2014/05/28/mountain-jam-to-offer-free-webcast

They've charged in the past, so it's a nice surprise that they're not this year. All performances from the East and West stages will be webcast. Jeff plays 2:30-3:45 Saturday, June 7.

We can all get a free preview of what's to come in the next few weeks thanks to Mountain Jam offering their webcast for free this year: http://www.jambands.com/news/2014/05/28/mountain-jam-to-offer-free-webcast

They've charged in the past, so it's a nice surprise that they're not this year. All performances from the East and West stages will be webcast. Jeff plays 2:30-3:45 Saturday, June 7.

Oh, that's cool. I'll actually be seeing them on the 9th and 10th, firsthand. I'll be really interested in early reports from the first show, in Detroit.

This afternoon, while driving around, I played the AGIB bonus CD and listened to Panthers for the first time in a while.

Weird getting weirder, that's what I had on this morning on my way to work.

This afternoon, while driving around, I played the AGIB bonus CD and listened to Panthers for the first time in a while. It hit me that the new band's sound--and Jeff's new songs--might sound like something along those lines. I'm not good at articulating why, but something about the spare sound of that song just sounds like it might be a direction Jeff wants to be heading in.

Then again, maybe it'll be gangsta rap--who knows?? But I'm really enjoying speculating.

Interesting. Hard to believe that song is 10 years old. I have to wonder if Jeff is interested in retreading something from a previous era, but I'd dig some new tracks with that vibe. Maybe not an entire album's worth, though.

Oh, that's cool. I'll actually be seeing them on the 9th and 10th, firsthand. I'll be really interested in early reports from the first show, in Detroit.

I'm really surprised that we still don't have any release date on this forthcoming album with the first tour dates (where material from that album is going to be, apparently, heavily featured) coming up so soon.

The great news is that with the first show in Detroit being Roadcase #33, we should be getting a nice dose of whatever is on the album- whether or not it's come out yet (hopefully that will be made available ASAP after the show- hoping to have it, at least for the road trip to Baltimore/D.C. ... if not for Pittsburgh).

And speaking of Roadcase shows, old forthcoming show #34, from Washington D.C. currently doesn't have The Minus 5 listed as the opening/support act yet (Baltimore does) opn the Wilco website, but the official Lincoln Theater website has both the Baltimore & D.C. shows listed with The Minus 5 on the bill...I'm betting they will be at both show...as will I :)

Finally I'll be very curious to see how much of the new album gets featured during the 75 minute set at Mountain Jam...and, on that subject, with 75 minutes will it be all solo acoustic, all TWEEDY, or a mix of the two?

Still hoping to get to Pittsburgh too (plans on that are not tentative) & then, hopefully, Toronto in July. Just realizing that with a free gig (now with an opening act) & a festival gig that those two might be shorter sets (75-90 minutes), instead of the fuller show I'm expecting in Baltimore & D.C..

Just wondering if I'm the only person checking the Wilco/Shows page everyday half expecting the Wilco Lockin' dates to turn into TWEEDY dates?  I so hope this doesn't happen, but I really haven't heard much on the Wilco front and there haven't been other "Wilco" dates announced and they kinda stick out like that proverbial sore thumb.

I'm curious to know if anyone else feels a bit... duped by the latency of information leaking out about the upcoming shows? First it's Jeff Tweedy, then it's Jeff Tweedy fronting his new/side/solo band and now there's a comic opening for him in Detroit. 

I would have bought tickets anyway.  I'd take Jeff Tweedy reading War and Peace on stage over no Jeff Tweedy at all, but I wish they would have been more forthcoming before tickets went on sale. Of the six people in our group, two haven't seen him perform live in a solo setting.  They may not have been as keen to purchase if they knew all of this going in.

I was thinking that little to no album release news was the new 'thing': a new marketing scheme used by record labels. But perhaps this whole band/album/tour was created and implemented without much forethought (intentionally)?

Excited as hell for the show next week!

i kinda agree

i still would have bought tickets to the dc show but im a bit disappointed that its not jeff solo. im obviously intrigued by the new lineup and i dont regret my purchase at all, just would have been nice to know exactly what i was buying tickets for when i bought them.

minor qualm i guess but its an odd way to promote shows imo.