JT Solo Shows Announced

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to pre-order the Detroit show thinking I'd be jamming out to some awesome new tunes by later this week, only to have my schemes foiled by this:

Please note, this is a preorder. This roadcase will not be available for download until approximately 4 weeks after the show takes place. Customers will be notified by email when the roadcase is available for download

Guess if I'm going to want to hear the new stuff with the new band in the immediate I'm going to have to try to check out one of the upcoming webcasts.  Hopefully there will be some tapers out and about too...

Went to pre-order the Detroit show thinking I'd be jamming out to some awesome new tunes by later this week, only to have my schemes foiled by this:

Please note, this is a preorder. This roadcase will not be available for download until approximately 4 weeks after the show takes place. Customers will be notified by email when the roadcase is available for download

Guess if I'm going to want to hear the new stuff with the new band in the immediate I'm going to have to try to check out one of the upcoming webcasts.  Hopefully there will be some tapers out and about too...

Hmmm...guess I missed that little detail. Oh well...at least we'll all get to see the simulcast of his performance at Mountain Jam- hope he plays some of the new material at that show...

There will be a free Web simulcast of Jeff Tweedy/TWEEDY performing at Mountain Jam on Sat. 6/7/14:

"Mountain Jam is offering their webcast for free this year: All performances from the East and West stages will be webcast. Jeff Tweedy plays 2:30-3:45 Saturday, June 7." Plus- The Tedesci-Trucks Band 6:45-8:15 Sat. 6/7 & The Allman Brothers 7:00-? Sun. 6/8.

http://mountainjam.com/webcast/

So excited these shows are almost upon us!

Those of you on the fence about the Pittsburgh show - the weekend is shaping up to be gorgeous weather-wise (an unusual occurrence for the Arts Fest).  Hope to see some of you there.

I'm now 50/50, or better, on my once certain, then dwindling, chances of the Pittsburgh show...and, as the time draws nearer, I'll probably just break down & do it.

My main confusion now is about the start time, as there now appears to be an opening act that's been added.

The official Wilco site lists Lily & Madeline as the openers, & Lily & Madeleine's facebook page just mentioned it, but...the Lily & Madeleine site still doesn't have it listed at all, nor does the official Festival website- which still lists the show as going from 7:30-9:00.

Does the opening act mean that things would start earlier now, or that they would go later? I was a little bummed that Jeff & TWEEDY were only looking at 90 minutes to begin with (seeing as it's supposed to be a show broken up into both band & solo acoustic stuff- wonder how that will work at the 75 minute set at Mountain Jam on Saturday as well?)...but hopefully it'll all work out. Needless to say I'll just make plans to arrive by 6:30ish regardless & just hope for the best- spoken/written like a guy who is most likely going...

I'm also holding out hope that they might be selling the new CD at these shows! ...and STILL no word on a release date or anything for the new album, with the first show of the tour tomorrow night too!! Weird...

Anyone who's going to Detroit will hopefully report back on the new solo CD being for sale, or not...

So excited these shows are almost upon us!

Those of you on the fence about the Pittsburgh show - the weekend is shaping up to be gorgeous weather-wise (an unusual occurrence for the Arts Fest). Hope to see some of you there.

Me too! I've been seeing a fair amount of live music recently but anything with Jeff Tweedy just holds a special place in my heart. Nothing else really compares.

Anyone know of the comic opening up the Detroit show? I'm bringing my 8 yr old son and wondering if the comedy will be "appropriate". Thanks!

Don't know anything about the comedian, but just called the venue and they don't have specific start time info for the opener versus Tweedy/TWEEDY but have doors at 8 and "show" at 9. Which is good for me since I can't leave Ann Arbor until 8.

I'm also holding out hope that they might be selling the new CD at these shows! ...and STILL no word on a release date or anything for the new album, with the first show of the tour tomorrow night too!! Weird...

Anyone who's going to Detroit will hopefully report back on the new solo CD being for sale, or not...

the press release said sept 16. i imagine theres no chance theyll sell it this early

the press release said sept 16. i imagine theres no chance theyll sell it this early

Yeah, when I posted that we didn't yet know the release date. I don't think there is any chance we'll be seeing that CD for sale at the shows before the release date.

On the plus side...we'll have the two Roadcase shows, & hopefully live versions of some of the songs before that (hoping & betting "I'll Sing It" will be one of those on the set list)...and...I'm betting with that release date that we also will get some shows at the end of Summer/start of Autumn to promote the album. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a few NYC shows! And always hoping that Rochester/Buffalo/Syracuse might get lucky too...or Cleveland even...(Toronto & Pittsburgh are getting the first leg)...

Well here's the report from the "After The Show" section here, & at the very least I can say that there is no way anyone will have to be worried about them editing out the new material from the Roadcase release...14 new songs & 11 oldies...thanks, as always, to our ace reporter from the front lines, the one & only bböp ...

"Well, Night One of Tweedy is in the books....will write more in a bit, but for now, here was the complete setlist as played (new song titles taken from printed setlist):

Down From Above*
Flowering*
Summer Noon*
World Away*
New Moon*
Where My Love*
Slow Love*
Nobody Dies*
Honeycombed#
Desert Bell*
High As Hello*
Wait For Love*
Low Key*
Spiders (Kidsmoke)^
Passenger Side^
You Are Not Alone^
The Ruling Class^
New Madrid^
Kicking Television^
I Am Trying To Break Your Heart^
Jesus, etc.^
Misunderstood^
------------------------
Diamond Light*
------------------------
I'm The Man Who Loves You^
Acuff-Rose^ (performed at edge of stage w/o PA system)

* — with full "Tweedy" band (Spencer Tweedy on drums, Darin Gray on bass, Jim Elkington on electric guitar and Liam Cunningham on electric guitar, keyboard and backing vocals)
# — with Elkington and Cunningham only
^ — Jeff solo acoustic

Anyone else wondering about the Portsmouth NH date?  It was in yesterday's email list (7/25, Portsmouth Music Hall) and briefly up on the Wilco website, but now gone.  It is still listed on the venue website.

A couple of us on the board got tickets during the presale yesterday. Did you get tickets? It does seem bizarre that it's not listed anymore. (It still appears in the list under the "shows" tab, but no longer on the opening page). Not sure what that means.