• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That trailer is intense. I was slightly stressed out about it. 

Curious, why?

I kind of get what you're saying. It seems like it's going to be an emotional ride. I could listen to Garcia talk like I listen to him play.

Oh shit how did you do that? I have had "Bertha" as mine for several years and might consider a switch...

There is a youtube of Jerry laughing for 20 seconds. I converted that into a ringtone using some program, then uploaded to my phone. Was kind of a pain in the ass, then my phone deleted it. Anyway, here is a link to it if you can figure out how to upload:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xffqfjah7f6vfp9/20%20Seconds%20of%20Jerry%20Garcia%20Laughing.m4r?dl=0

Hope that link still works.

There is a youtube of Jerry laughing for 20 seconds. I converted that into a ringtone using some program, then uploaded to my phone. Was kind of a pain in the ass, then my phone deleted it. Anyway, here is a link to it if you can figure out how to upload:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xffqfjah7f6vfp9/20%20Seconds%20of%20Jerry%20Garcia%20Laughing.m4r?dl=0

Hope that link still works.

Cool. A project for tonight on a snowy Denver day. Thanks!

Recieved Fenway #2 tickets Dead & Co.

40.00 with no feess 1980's concert price

The highest average Dead ticket price in the 80s was just over $20.

A local DJ on local station XRT recalled the outrage when Clapton charged $35 in the early 90s for tickets to an Alpine Valley show.

Winston Yep 20 bucks each discounted down due to sluggish Sunday Night sales. Interesting point about Clapton a few years later ( middle 90s ) We can then The Rolling Stones for breaking the 100.00 ceiling.

Contemplating seeing DSO (for the first time) in Aurora IL in mid June. Main factor is that I'd be going solo...

While I am in contemplation mode, I see that Terrapin Flyer is playing at Fitzgerald's the night before. Has anyone here seen them? I'm watching a video of them on youtube. Not bad - kind of sloppy. 

Contemplating seeing DSO (for the first time) in Aurora IL in mid June. Main factor is that I'd be going solo...

While I am in contemplation mode, I see that Terrapin Flyer is playing at Fitzgerald's the night before. Has anyone here seen them? I'm watching a video of them on youtube. Not bad - kind of sloppy. 

I've seen them (Terrapin Flyer) several times. It really depends on who's currently in the band, honestly (they traditionally utilize available folks but it's not consistent).They were out here in Feb. w/ original Merry Pranksters (George Walker, among them) providing antics for the night....

DSO I'd go solo, too.

Drove by it last year when the Beach Boys were playing there. Looked nice. Lots of people hanging around outside listening to the show for free. That date though may not work for me.

I saw the Terrapin Flyer crew play as Melvin Seals band and they also sat in with local Dead cover band Xtra Ticket. One guy did Jerry's vocals and another did lead guitar. The guitar was great really nice tone and fiery leads. DSO are the best Dead cover band to my ears. I love them especially when they do a early 70s show which is now rare for them

Drove by it last year when the Beach Boys were playing there. Looked nice. Lots of people hanging around outside listening to the show for free. That date though may not work for me.

Maybe they can change it....

I saw the Terrapin Flyer crew play as Melvin Seals band and they also sat in with local Dead cover band Xtra Ticket. One guy did Jerry's vocals and another did lead guitar. The guitar was great really nice tone and fiery leads. DSO are the best Dead cover band to my ears. I love them especially when they do a early 70s show which is now rare for them

I'd go to JRAD over a DSO show (two different birds, really) but I hear ya! They did a late 70s show last time they were in Denver. I've seen them probably 10-12 times and think I caught one '74 show and everything was older. 

Can't remember which forum I read about it on, maybe it was an Archive review but someone was remembering the time Dark Star Orchestra recreated 9/27/72 Stanley Theatre at the Great American Music Hall in SF.  Holy shit, that would've been an incredible show because what ever they do, they do it right, and in that tiny venue with all its history?  Talk about the "Just Exactly Perfect Band"!

The first time I saw DSO in 2001 they did a '73 show.  Hearing a real live fire breathing monster of a band do the '73 arrangement of Eyes left me a puddle of goo on the floor.  I've not caught a 70s show from them since then, unfortunately, but they are still great even doing 80s and 90s shows.

I've seen DSO 4 times in about a 5 year span ('99-'04 ish). This was when they did full GD shows (do they still do that?). Anyway...I called all those shows but one (which I think was a '77 show) before they announced it at the end. My friends would freak out on me haha. I must be 'on the spectrum' or something.