When will Wilco US tour dates be announced?

Multi-night run at the Orpheum is always the best.

The capacity of Boston HoB is 2700; the Orpheum, where they've played fairly recently, is 2500. I'm pretty glad that they don't play HoB, as I hate that place, but I don't know that it's too small for them. Then again, they sold out The Wang (3500) in 2011.... FWIW, I love picking up tickets at The Sinclair box-office for Bowery Boston shows as they waive fees. You can save $20+ on a pair of tix.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of venues, I wonder if Wilco will slip a bit in terms of size on the next tour. Here in the Bay Area, they last played two nights at the Greek in Berkeley. If memory serves, the second night was only about 1/2 or 2/3 full. On this tour, I imagine they can do one night at the Greek or maybe two nights at The Fillmore. I don't think they have the draw that they did years back.

In terms of venues, I wonder if Wilco will slip a bit in terms of size on the next tour. Here in the Bay Area, they last played two nights at the Greek in Berkeley. If memory serves, the second night was only about 1/2 or 2/3 full. On this tour, I imagine they can do one night at the Greek or maybe two nights at The Fillmore. I don't think they have the draw that they did years back.

If they sneak out a new album and it gets a reasonable amount of attention it'll help.  The press from the book and Jeff's solo album has died down and probably isn't going to help sell Wilco tickets.  If there's not a new album or some sort of new gimmick we haven't seen yet, I wouldn't be surprised if they do smaller venues.  In any case, I certainly don't see them moving up in venue size unless there's a new album and it gets raves.

If they sneak out a new album and it gets a reasonable amount of attention it'll help.  The press from the book and Jeff's solo album has died down and probably isn't going to help sell Wilco tickets.  If there's not a new album or some sort of new gimmick we haven't seen yet, I wouldn't be surprised if they do smaller venues.  In any case, I certainly don't see them moving up in venue size unless there's a new album and it gets raves.

Yeah, agree. I think the sort of 2001-2011 decade, in which they could play pretty much anywhere, has ebbed a bit. Their audience is older and they're likely not attracting many new fans. I would love it if they went back to playing The Fillmore and similar venues :).

• 1 month later...

In for both nights. Left orchestra pretty far back but at least I’m there. There will probably be much better tickets available on Friday but I was too nervous to wait and possibly get shut out entirely.

The capacity of Boston HoB is 2700; the Orpheum, where they've played fairly recently, is 2500. I'm pretty glad that they don't play HoB, as I hate that place, but I don't know that it's too small for them. Then again, they sold out The Wang (3500) in 2011.... FWIW, I love picking up tickets at The Sinclair box-office for Bowery Boston shows as they waive fees. You can save $20+ on a pair of tix. 

sorry i just saw this but you've got the numbers swapped... Orpheum is a bit larger than HoB.

i guess depending on the demographic, it's easier to sell a $60 ticket to someone if it comes with a seat, vs fighting for a GA spot. 

Last row in the balcony, but I'm in the building for Knoxville.

I just got an email from Ticketmaster saying my tickets were canceled at the request of the Bijou Theater.  There was a name and number to call at the Bijou Theater for more info and I've called and left a voicemail but I'm assuming I'm screwed as this point.

I just got an email from Ticketmaster saying my tickets were canceled at the request of the Bijou Theater.  There was a name and number to call at the Bijou Theater for more info and I've called and left a voicemail but I'm assuming I'm screwed as this point.

Same here. Waiting for a call back from manager.  I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Did they give you an explanation?

I work for Ticketmaster so I can explain. I also have tickets for both shows and my orders were cancelled as well.

This venue tries to identify scalpers by looking at orders from out of state and cancelling the tickets. That's what they did here. Fortunately my office works with the Bijou Theatre so I talked to our rep who works with them to get the story and get everything sorted out.

Did they give you an explanation?

Yes, the venue manager Tom goes over every order and flags and cancels anything suspicious on sold out shows..  Apparently because my Ticketmaster address was in Georgia, I was assumed to be a re-seller.  I'm in a Wilco FB group and so many people with addresses outside of TN had their orders canceled.  FYI, I had to re-purchase my seats as will call only.  Plus it'll be 7-10 days before I'm refunded for the first (canceled) pair of tickets.

I work for Ticketmaster so I can explain. I also have tickets for both shows and my orders were cancelled as well.

This venue tries to identify scalpers by looking at orders from out of state and cancelling the tickets. That's what they did here. Fortunately my office works with the Bijou Theatre so I talked to our rep who works with them to get the story and get everything sorted out.

Wow not going to this show but what a load of crap by Ticketmaster! Isn’t Knoxville near borders in Kentucky , Virginia and North Carolina?! Is it unreasonable that people might be going to this show from out of state!!! Tm pulls crap like this all the time!

Wow not going to this show but what a load of crap by Ticketmaster! Isn’t Knoxville near borders in Kentucky , Virginia and North Carolina?! Is it unreasonable that people might be going to this show from out of state!!! Tm pulls crap like this all the time!

It wasn't Ticketmaster. It was the venue. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a good feeling the North American tour will be announced this week. If this doesn't happen you can all blame me. 

Along with an album announcement?

Does anyone have a good script that will spam the "Shows" page with F5?

Also, where are the shows usually announced first? Wilcoworld.net?

I use Visualping. It's a chrome extension. I'll start monitoring the tour dates page.