• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

As promised, here's some pictures of the Beths on Friday night. As I don't drink they put me at the side of the stage in the all ages area. A guy was there with his 13 year old daughter. He wasn't fam

Posted Images

On 8/25/2021 at 7:44 AM, uncool2pillow said:

Squeeze. First show since Wilco, November 2019, I think.

So, funny story, to me at least. I didn't see an opener announced on the ticket, website, or anything. There was an opener. They said their name, but I didn't catch it. Nice enough jangly pop, none of it recognizable. Then they played "Out Of My Head" by Fastball. They then proceeded to play two more Fastball radio hits. It WAS Fastball. 

• Haha 4
22 minutes ago, uncool2pillow said:

So, funny story, to me at least. I didn't see an opener announced on the ticket, website, or anything. There was an opener. They said their name, but I didn't catch it. Nice enough jangly pop, none of it recognizable. Then they played "Out Of My Head" by Fastball. They then proceeded to play two more Fastball radio hits. It WAS Fastball. 

That is super funny. Oh man, The Way was an ear worm for me for a solid year back when it came out.

4 hours ago, uncool2pillow said:

i always confused them w/ Fastway.

Message from Neil Young regarding concerts & the pandemic. Neil hits the nail on the head, so to speak:

“Recently I pulled out of Farm Aid for fear that unprotected children may become infected with Covid by folks who went to the show, caught the virus, had no symptoms and returned home to hug their kids or someone else’s kids. I felt that we didn’t know what we were up against and we were endangering others, unprotected innocent children in particular. I know of tours that are out there and have to stop where they are and isolate in motels because one person among them tested positive. I ask myself, why are they out there?
Money and business. These two need each other. This has been the American way for years and years. Now it has turned on the country in a new way.
The big promoters, if they had the awareness, could stop these shows. Without that, everyone just keeps going like everything is OK. It’s not. Live Nation, AEG and the other big promoters could shut this down if they could just forget about making money for a while….. They control much of the entertainment business. They hold the power to stop shows where thousands congregate and spread. It’s money that keeps it going. Money that motivates the spreading. The big promoters are responsible for super spreaders.
These giants of entertainment just renovated a lot of old venues and spent a lot of cash to do that. Now they can’t stop selling tickets to pay for it. Money and business. That doesn’t make this OK. It’s a bad example. Folks see concerts advertised and think it must be OK to go and mingle. It’s not. These are super-spreader events, irresponsible Freedom Fests. We need Freedom to be safe. Not a bad example. This could be just the beginning.”

https://neilyoungarchives.com/news/1/article?id=A-Message-Farmaid-And-The-Pandemic

10 hours ago, theashtraysays said:

Drive By Truckers 

There is a small (<5%) chance I hit that show. Driving to Chicago this afternoon. I plan on arriving at my friend's place at Wicker Park around 7 PM. I really doubt we'll make it up, but it's not out of the question.

1 hour ago, uncool2pillow said:

There is a small (<5%) chance I hit that show. Driving to Chicago this afternoon. I plan on arriving at my friend's place at Wicker Park around 7 PM. I really doubt we'll make it up, but it's not out of the question.

Well? 
It was a super easy little venue. Empty rail 15 minutes after doors… well, other than me. :rock

• Like 1

Lindsey Buckingham, if I don’t chicken out of going.

This will be my first indoor concert since December 2019 (and only my second concert overall since then) if I do in fact end up going.  I bought this ticket back in June, when I expected things to be very different now.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, brownie said:

Lindsey Buckingham, if I don’t chicken out of going.

This will be my first indoor concert since December 2019 (and only my second concert overall since then) if I do in fact end up going.  I bought this ticket back in June, when I expected things to be very different now.

How did it go?

4 hours ago, remphish1 said:

How did it go?

It was SO great!  So glad I went!  Very glad I was sitting in the sparsely filled balcony where most people adhered to the mask requirement.  Unlike down front up against the stage where it was packed and no one wore a mask.

I felt more like myself last night than I have for the better part of two years!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, brownie said:

It was SO great!  So glad I went!  Very glad I was sitting in the sparsely filled balcony where most people adhered to the mask requirement.  Unlike down front up against the stage where it was packed and no one wore a mask.

I felt more like myself last night than I have for the better part of two years!

Awesome! Glad you went! When things were looking better in June I attended show at beacon sold out I was one of 5 people wearing a mask 😕!