• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just finished:

0060934980.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a book this much. I finished it (600 pages) in two days, I couldn't put it down. On the surface it's a murder mystery about crack dealers - but the characters are so colorful and the story is so much fun I think I'll be reading this again very soon.

Clockers is a hard book to follow, but I just started

200px-Underworld.jpeg

I've heard great things about it, and started it 3 or 4 times before, but have never gotten very far.

Underworld is great... I've been meaning to read White Noise but I've never got round to it...

9780307351579.jpg

That looks interesting, any good?

For me, ploughing though the Biographies my family buy me for christmas, at the moment:

0340923075.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V65309179_.jpg

1400051754.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

After reading three books in the past few weeks on how women treat each other like crap, which inevitably have me running to the mirror to make Stuart Smalley-like affirmations at my reflection (damn it, people like me!), this is a nice change of pace.

1400051754.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

After reading three books in the past few weeks on how women treat each other like crap, which inevitably have me running to the mirror to make Stuart Smalley-like affirmations at my reflection (damn it, people like me!), this is a nice change of pace.

it is a hysterical book. having lived in the area he's talking about it makes it extra amusing. my girlfriend lives by his dads old army navy surplus shop and sadly it recently went out of business. also check out "kick Me" his other memoir when you get a chance.

Been plodding through this over the last week or so, thanks to our own Ms. Reni. Good stuff.

Very good book. The kind of book that you'll recall/remember parts of down the road. At least I do.

Krakauer is one of my favorite contemporary non fiction writers.

I read this as a teenager. Having another go. I wonder how it will strike me now.

I believe I am reading my original paperback, and the cover is the same as this:

siddhartha2.jpg

Yeah, I think it might end up as a song pretty soon.

I think there already is a song - and a movie is in the works.

Glad you are enjoying it! I couldn't put it down and thought about it constantly.

doolittle3313-768147.jpg

Very well-written so far. Goes back and forth between the history behind the band/the album itself and revisiting it today w/ the Black Francis. May even be better than the one on Paul's Boutique.

I have heard so many good things about this entire series...I really need to check a couple of these out. Anyone recommend any particular volumes?

I have heard so many good things about this entire series...I really need to check a couple of these out. Anyone recommend any particular volumes?

i just finished the one on Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited and its great.

The one for the Beastie Boys 'Paul's Boutique' was great...fantastic detail. That's the only other one i've read so far and have the Stone Roses one in que after the Pixies.

I've heard mixed reviews on the Replacements one and recall someone saying the one for Prince's 'Sign O the Times' was solid.

Bill Janovitz's book on Exile on Main Street is quite good. It is very analytical, going through each song in order. I read it on my commute while listening to Exile on my ipod.

I just got L. D. Beghtol's book on 69 Love Songs, which I think is more for the fan. That is one of my all-time favorite albums and the book includes some fun anecdotes about it and explains a lot of the references in the songs.