Icky Thump - New White Stripes album

for me i prefer the rockers (thus why my fave album is still De Stijl), but i hate Jack's often nasally whine, which occurs mostly on the higher tempo stuff... it's a double edged sword :/

Agreed on De Stylee. :rock

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, come on! "Conquest" rules. It sounds like some fucked-up crazy Asian mariachi song, straight outta Kill Bill. If you can listen to the very beginning or very end of the track without thinking of a ninja wearing a sombrero, you're a far better man than I. Awesome lyrics, too, perfectly attuned to Jack's kooky neo-feminist vibe. This and "You Don't Know What Love Is" both kick untold amounts of booty.

Must......resist......temptation..... :upset

Hold out Elixir Sue! I tried to with SBS, but my boyfriend burned me a copy without knowing I didn't want to hear it until it was released. Holding out for a CD to be released is a kick ass little present for yourself.

I have front row center tix for the W.S. 10th anniversary show!

I just don't get the wankery over the White Stripes. They are ok but that's all I ever though of them. :hmm

Agreed... it's one of those hype things that will go away eventually.

The material doesn't warrant the hype. There's less return on the hype than like any other artist this generation, save maybe the Libertines or something like that. Only White Blood Cells has ever come close to living upto the medias promises for me.

And where's these great melodies Jack supposedly writes? I can think of like at least 20 melodicists from the past ten years who far exceed him.

The material doesn't warrant the hype. There's less return on the hype than like any other artist this generation, save maybe the Libertines or something like that. Only White Blood Cells has ever come close to living upto the medias promises for me.

And where's these great melodies Jack supposedly writes? I can think of like at least 20 melodicists from the past ten years who far exceed him.

I thought Get Behind me Satan was pretty cool, but I never liked anything before it. I certainly don't think his melodies are anything to write home about, but the music is pretty good. I agree there is hype, but I'd rather see a band like this hyped than any number of artists currently out there (e.g. any American Idoler).

Glad I could spread some of my humorless doucheness as a belated b-day present for you, Dude.

If there was a smiley that jacked an imaginary weiner with one hand and flipped you off with the other, it would be inserted here.

Are you trying to bait me?

apparently there's some radio station in chicago that's streaming the entire album right this instant, but you have to be from the US to register and listen--therefore, i can't. is anyone listening/capturing it?

apparently there's some radio station in chicago that's streaming the entire album right this instant, but you have to be from the US to register and listen--therefore, i can't. is anyone listening/capturing it?

link?