Icky Thump - New White Stripes album

Ah! This leaked. Finally! This will hold me over till the new Ryan Adams leaks which will hold me till the new Iron & Wine leaks.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are good copies floating around or is this still a rip of that radio's stream?

The version currently on Oink is a high-quality rip, possibly from a retail copy of the cd. It's certainly not the radio rip.

I'm really enjoying this album. :music

I have one album - White Blood Cells - I think it is. I don't see what the big deal is either - I mean they do have their own gimmick presentation weirdo thing going on - I will give them that.

A-Man, we are scarily similar in our outlook. Now I shall go outside and ponder this in the sunshine.

just finished listening...

pretty cool record... not in love w/ a couple tracks, Conquest (still really dislike that chorus, but it's a cover) and St. Andrew, but i'm pretty sure it'll end up being my fave since WBC

They're my least favourite too.

I fucking LOVE Rag & Bone. :dancing

'You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do What Your Told)" is as good as the title.

God damn right, man.

I don't like Conquest. It rocks, but that's about all it's got going for it.

'You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do What Your Told)" is as good as the title.

That stands out as one of the songs I like on the album. 300 MPH is really the only other one, as it's got some swing to it which I think is missing from the other tracks. Effect & Cause is not bad either, but their final tracks are always fun/interesting, and sadly this is perhaps the least fun or interesting on any of the albums. That Irish - "alive alive alie ooh!" singing (or whatever it is he's saying) - in Prickly Thorn, is pretty bad though. Anyone else thinking that too?

i know i should listen to this but have no desire to...how wrong am I? keep in mind, I have liked maybe 2-3 tunes they've done, love Meg's chestoral region and have been underwhelmed otherwise.

then this one isn't gonna do much to change your mind honestly...

it's pretty good, but i'm not exactly wowed or surprised by it other than a song or two, especially if you didn't really dig on past stuff.

I'm holding out for the release. Might be different if it leaked earlier, but I'm really excited for the album, and the release isn't too far away at this point.

Me too. :dancing Although I've already heard 6 of the songs...

I'm really not sure what I think about this album... Alot of it sounds like the same old same old White Stripes and I mean you only can do so much with two people. Stick to the Raconteurs Jack.