Good news for U2 fans..

$312.40 for the best seats. Apiece. I'm waiting for the announcement that they've changed their name to U$. I would really like to see them one more time and be close, but that's nuts.

For what it's worth, I read somewhere yesterday that LA and New York will have 8 shows apiece. 

$312?  That announcement says prime seats priced at $250-$275 (depending on the market)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since no one else has yet, I figured I’d share my experience seeing U2 at the Sphere in Las Vegas last week. (I’m a little behind as I was traveling after the weekend and busy with catching up on work

Yep, they botched Staring At The Sun on the opening night of the PopMart Tour in 1997 and since then they have only played it acoustically. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) & Stuck In A Moment You Can’t

I enjoy the Monster record - but I was not a huge fan of the live show on the cd deluxe edition -- enjoyed the music on the live set, but I thought Stipe's vocals were off -- to much straining, from w

Posted Images

I'm not sure. I just checked the Ticketmaster page hoping to find a seating chart. There wasn't one this morning, but there is now. I'm guessing most of the yellow will be the $280 + fees. I remember the Red Zone tickets being sold separately last time. That's an interesting stage setup. 

60323s.gif

I'm not sure. I just checked the Ticketmaster page hoping to find a seating chart. There wasn't one this morning, but there is now. I'm guessing most of the yellow will be the $280 + fees. I remember the Red Zone tickets being sold separately last time. That's an interesting stage setup.

60323s.gif

Well,after seeing that stage setup the rumors of them returning to their roots with this album & tour has been Greatly exagerated.

As well as the price tag . if these prices hold up ( with doing less dates from even a decade ago) it appears to me they simply don't want to work ( tour ) as hard as they did prior. I understand this from The Stones and even E Street Band, as original band members are in mid 60s.But I simply I don't get this from U2

I love these guys by the way, and have not missed a tour since Joshua Tree.

But that could change soon.

I'll probably subscribe to U2.com before the next let is announced.  The fee is worth it to get on the floor (and still costs less combined than 1-2 lower bowl tix)

Similar to Bruce .. They have been known to have ticket drops as the date nears

On the Vertigo tour ( 5 ) appearances in Boston over the course of US tour there were many last minute drops including G A s

Checking tickets the only deal in u2 was the floor GA for about 80 bucks. I am sure most fan club members were able to get those but not general public.

If you check now on TM there are still singles for most shows. They are getting close to 300 for seats lower level club level and upper level with a few end sections for 120 ish and the cheap seats are on both far ends upper deck. There was less then 500 cheap seats for each venue.

Stage will be center on floor. The VIP seats are going for 500 and red zone might be 600.

I use to be long time fan club member but could no longer afford 40 bucks a year for a tour every 5 years. It did make it easy to get tickets to tours and I know fan club members and they all got GA this tour. but could only buy 2 tickets total. (long standing members had first grabs and some of the others were not able to secure GA on 2nd day. So the membership fee makes the price apx 150 each for GA and more if they bought reserve seat. Nice subsidy. Not sure if they will add as many shows since they did not sell out instantly. Probably in LA NY but others cities probably 1 vs 2 new shows. Only hitting a few cities makes it even more expensive for most fans when you add travel etc. Especially NY Chicago and LA... rooms ain't cheap.

My only hope is they come back to south at some point for stadium or arena on next leg. I am sure they will hit USA twice if they feel the $$$ is here to be taken! Just too much money IMO>

I managed to snag an awesome single for $86 for the Sunday MSG show in Section 201 Row 1! Not too bad if you ask me!

yea not bad as two sections over in 226 row 11 is 300 bucks and still available. hope there is not an obstructed view from corners? Maybe the screens they will use? But in the door for 85 and you can always upgrade your seat!!! Congrats will you get the Innocence setlist or the experience?

yea not bad as two sections over in 226 row 11 is 300 bucks and still available. hope there is not an obstructed view from corners? Maybe the screens they will use? But in the door for 85 and you can always upgrade your seat!!! Congrats will you get the Innocence setlist or the experience?

My ticket does not say obstructed view so I'm happy! What's the deal with the setlists? Are there different themes per each show?

I treated myself to U2's membership on my birthday last Wednesday, the date of the announcement, and I wound up getting 2 GAs for Boston 1. Today I picked up a pair of balcony seats behind the stage. My friend got a pair in the balcony across from the stage. I don't think there was any difference in price. 

Yes, allegedly one night will be Innocence & the other will be Experience which can mean anything at this point. Maybe they'll do songs off of the yet-to-be-released Songs Of Experience on Night 2s? And who knows if they'll stick to just the 80s for the Innocence? Nothing concrete yet. 

I managed to snag an awesome single for $86 for the Sunday MSG show in Section 201 Row 1! Not too bad if you ask me!

We'll be in section 224, row 19. They were the $118 tickets. I pulled up row 2 in section 210 and they were the $300 tickets. When I threw them back, I didn't expect to actually get through again, let alone to pull up decent seats. I wish we were a few rows closer, but we should still have an okay view.

We'll be in section 224, row 19. They were the $118 tickets. I pulled up row 2 in section 210 and they were the $300 tickets. When I threw them back, I didn't expect to actually get through again, let alone to pull up decent seats. I wish we were a few rows closer, but we should still have an okay view.

You going on Sunday? It was crazy what constituted a $300 ticket..to be in the 200 sections at $300 a ticket is lunacy.

I treated myself to U2's membership on my birthday last Wednesday, the date of the announcement, and I wound up getting 2 GAs for Boston 1. Today I picked up a pair of balcony seats behind the stage. My friend got a pair in the balcony across from the stage. I don't think there was any difference in price. 

Yes, allegedly one night will be Innocence & the other will be Experience which can mean anything at this point. Maybe they'll do songs off of the yet-to-be-released Songs Of Experience on Night 2s? And who knows if they'll stick to just the 80s for the Innocence? Nothing concrete yet. 

Hmm yeah would be cool to see a great setlist shake up!

As rumored last week, U2 adds additional shows in the same cities, thus bringing some city totals from anywhere from 4 shows to 6.

All of the new dates will have a U2.com members presale running this Wednesday (December 10) through Friday (December 12), with the public ticket sales beginning next Monday, December 15. New ticket codes will not be issued for existing U2.com members. If you didn't use up your code yet, or if you're a new U2.com member, you can buy during the presales this week.

Montreal: June 16 & 17

Chicago: June 28 & 29

Boston: July 14 & 15

New York City: July 26 & 27

If you have $50 to toss around, I highly recommend getting a U2.com subscription to secure GA tickets. Although, I'd like to think that there will be less madness this time around. 

For Boston, I paid @ $82 fees included for a GA ticket plus $50. I got it in a pair and my friend agreed to split the membership cost in what he owes me. 

As rumored last week, U2 adds additional shows in the same cities, thus bringing some city totals from anywhere from 4 shows to 6.

All of the new dates will have a U2.com members presale running this Wednesday (December 10) through Friday (December 12), with the public ticket sales beginning next Monday, December 15. New ticket codes will not be issued for existing U2.com members. If you didn't use up your code yet, or if you're a new U2.com member, you can buy during the presales this week.

Montreal: June 16 & 17

Chicago: June 28 & 29

Boston: July 14 & 15

New York City: July 26 & 27

If you have $50 to toss around, I highly recommend getting a U2.com subscription to secure GA tickets. Although, I'd like to think that there will be less madness this time around.

For Boston, I paid @ $82 fees included for a GA ticket plus $50. I got it in a pair and my friend agreed to split the membership cost in what he owes me.

Thx for the tip. I hesitated on the first round, then regretted on missing out.

First saw them 30 years ago. The Joey Ramone song reminds me how I felt at age 15 seeing U2 on their Unforgettable Fire tour. My pa drove us up to Minneapolis and got himself dinner, then patiently waited for us to find him after the show. I'm sure we drove him nuts on the drive home, singing "40" over and over and over.

if they do DC next year they would announce around same time as this year and your membership is only good for one year. Not sure they ever given fanclub member more then one code per year. I would grab this year if possible as next year might not happen with slow sales overall. They had planned 4 more shows for MSG and are only doing 2 at the moment. Good luck.

badu2fan is correct, however on the 360 tour the limit for the presale ticket purchase was 4 tickets. I'd say buy a subscription now and go for the MSG show (preferably the last one for best shot at GA) and of course those bastards (or the new manager) will probably make ticket sales happen in early January 2016 just in time for new U2 subscriptions. 

I can only see them selling out stadiums in untouched markets or just 1 show per stadium in LA, Boston, NYC (NJ). I'm expecting some really big opener for that leg to get a bigger draw. In my head I'm considering these 4 shows in Boston as my last time seeing them in awhile without a headache & extra fees. I did only 1 stadium show on 360 at Gillette and the show was different from the 1st night. I wound up paying $40 to park. Leaving with 2 songs left to beat a 3 hour wait in the parking lot and having a long drive & not the best view. I'm sure some of the arenas have subways that go right in. That's how it is in Boston and it's a cake walk. 

Thx for the tip. I hesitated on the first round, then regretted on missing out.

First saw them 30 years ago. The Joey Ramone song reminds me how I felt at age 15 seeing U2 on their Unforgettable Fire tour. My pa drove us up to Minneapolis and got himself dinner, then patiently waited for us to find him after the show. I'm sure we drove him nuts on the drive home, singing "40" over and over and over.

Here's something Both you ( based on your choice of pic ) and U2roolz will get a kick out of. My first outdoor concert for U2 featured The Pouges opening for them at the old Foxboro Stadium. A Great Show,thankfully, got to see both bands more than dozen times since.

That's pretty cool! Was that the legendary show ('87 Joshua Tree tour) that was announced on WAAF and tickets went on sale almost immediately. 

I lucked out on tickets. My best friend decided to renew his subscription and we wound up with 2 GAs for Boston 3 last Friday during fan club presale. Today, I almost got shut out for Night 4, but after 40 minutes I got 2 separate seats in the cheaper Loge (section 5) across from the stage. Strangely enough both seats are separated by one row and seat number, so I can look back and see my friend to my right. 

I highly recommend checking out the U2 Interference Forums and atU2 Forums for tickets. Lots of fans there willing to sell their tix for face or best offer. 

I can't wait for next summer. I'm just as excited for Solid Sound. 

That's pretty cool! Was that the legendary show ('87 Joshua Tree tour) that was announced on WAAF and tickets went on sale almost immediately. 

I lucked out on tickets. My best friend decided to renew his subscription and we wound up with 2 GAs for Boston 3 last Friday during fan club presale. Today, I almost got shut out for Night 4, but after 40 minutes I got 2 separate seats in the cheaper Loge (section 5) across from the stage. Strangely enough both seats are separated by one row and seat number, so I can look back and see my friend to my right. 

I highly recommend checking out the U2 Interference Forums and atU2 Forums for tickets. Lots of fans there willing to sell their tix for face or best offer. 

I can't wait for next summer. I'm just as excited for Solid Sound. 

Yep that was Nearly the end of that Tour My College buddy and I also caught the 1st Leg at the Centrum nice couple of shows.

Really enjoyed how they made 60M people feel like they were in a bar> when, somehow, they quieted the crowd for the Live Debut of One Tree Hill.

I am also going w/my Son on N-3 GA's  I will try and find my old Interference forum ID info..

I also bought upstairs  for N-4

Agreed On the Summer w/ SSF & U2 all I need is Bruce to go back out and I will be all set musically for a bit.

overall I think U2 tickets have not sold out as fast as they expected. TOO EXPENSIVE. You can still get great seats in LA San Jose and Arizona. They lowered prices on same tickets in NYC for new 2 shows. 118 bucks for same seat that 300 bucks bought for the first 4. The resell market for tickets on TM is ridiculous. Everyone I know that joined fan club before 2nd presale were able to nail down GA. Having a residency vs touring entire country should have made tour cost cheaper and would been nice to have prices reflect that.

When Zoo TV arena tour went on sale they sold out in minutes all over the country.

I wonder if they will announce some great openers to help sell out tour or if they might plan on doing evening with U2 and play longer then their 2 hours norm? Not sure Larry can handle longer shows with his back etc.

There is definitely going to be some type of limit view or screens etc to have prices cheaper in corner of venues vs side or ends. Might not say it on ticket but I would imagine unless they have circular screen over center of stage like 360 there will be obstructions. Or the speakers hanging from Ceiling etc. Or will they do a POPMART mono sound system?

Lets hope they have a Zoo TV tour concept or something that will be newsworthy and make a splash if they want to do stadiums next summer. Seems the U2 base has shrunk but mainly do to ticket price. How can most folks afford travel and lodging costs plus tickets. Be easy to drop over a $1000 bucks per person.

Also interesting that Bono bike accident got no TMZ coverage. Imagine if Kim Kardashian or Kayne had same accident? Hard to believe no one caught a video or photo of accident or helping Bono. Someone of his level would normally be caught on film and shared on news. Not even a Ambulance chaser photo?

I hope Bono heals quickly and the tour goes well but for me U2 sold out with this album and tour making it unavailable to the working class. I feel they have enough cash in the safe and could actually help music business by keeping prices lower. Taylor Swift is coming after your fans!!!!

Rolling Stones vs U2 as top grossing tour is really what is in play. They have a friendly competition on how much cash they can get out of your wallet. I hear Mick and Bono have a gold deposit room where they meet to count their bars!

My first U2 Concert was at Alumni Hall at Brown University 1982 which was an old gym. Not more then 500 folks there. Have seen every tour since sorry to miss this one. Hope everyone going enjoys.