Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

At a Strand of Oaks show last weekend, Pat Finnerty (who now plays guitar for Strand of Oaks and also does the “Why This Song Stinks” podcast) opened the show for SoA by playing random covers that the

Posted Images

FYI: I merged 3 similar threads together (all about the same topic -- hearing Wilco played in stores and restaurants and wherever) so I do apologize for any lack of continuity.

Back to topic:

Fort Wayne's first Chipotle will open in a few days, so I think we'll be hearing some Wilco around here soon. :)

FYI: I merged 3 similar threads together (all about the same topic -- hearing Wilco played in stores and restaurants and wherever) so I do apologize for any lack of continuity.

Back to topic:

Fort Wayne's first Chipotle will open in a few days, so I think we'll be hearing some Wilco around here soon. :)

The last time I was in a Chipotle, I heard "Red Elevator"

My wife and I go to the movies last night, and as soon as I open the doors to our local shopping mall I heard the opening notes of "Impossible Germany" over the mall's speakers.

Later on that same evening I am at home watching TV, and during commercials I flip to one of the Galaxie radio stations on our Bell Expressvu and I hear the beginning of......"Impossible Germany".

I heard a Pavement song from Crooked Rain in Bloomingdales yesterday (drawing a blank on the song). That was suprising, to say the least, considering I'd find it impressive to hear any Pavement played over the PA at before just about any concert.

Guest Jesus Etc

I was taking a dump at The Hard Rock Hotel restroom on the 2nd floor in Chicago last week and I heard "Heavy Metal Drummer" follow Ryan Adams's "It Takes Two." As I was "taking my own two" I was thinking if I were Jeff Tweedy and partaking in this exercise at this particular establishment would I think it kind of surreal that I was crapping to my own song or would I just be pissed that I was following a Ryan Adams song?

I walked into a very hip furniture store in Halifax, NS a few weeks ago and what do I hear - You Are My Face. Sweet. Only there's a problem, now I feel compelled to buy something in the overpriced store just because of their taste in music. I decide to wait and see what comes on next, if it's the entire CD - I buy something, mixed CD/Radio - I walk. Yada yada yada...I am the proud owner of a VERY pricey curtin rod for my dining room.

I was taking a dump at The Hard Rock Hotel restroom on the 2nd floor in Chicago last week and I heard "Heavy Metal Drummer" follow Ryan Adams's "It Takes Two." As I was "taking my own two" I was thinking if I were Jeff Tweedy and partaking in this exercise at this particular establishment would I think it kind of surreal that I was crapping to my own song or would I just be pissed that I was following a Ryan Adams song?

Wow, that's a lot of "2"s. Your 2nd post, 2nd floor, "It Takes Two," your own personal, um, number two . . . Quite the scatological convergence. I'm torn between my numerological amazement and general discomfort at the idea of the now inevitable future threads dedicated to people's experiences of moving their bowels to Wilco songs.

I've heard "Roses" at Chipotle (a bit baffled, but it made my night - from what I've read it's not an uncommon song for them to play), and a few weeks ago I was in Pick 'n Save and "Impossible Germany" came on. Yep, I was the dork who did her shopping singing along, totally thrilled that there was Wilco on at the grocery store.

Guest Jesus Etc
Why should Jeff Tweedy care what song is played before or after Wilco's in the Hard Rock Hotel shitter?

I was trying to make a funny. In an effort to be more serious on this board I will offer an amended version of my earlier post.

Wilco Fans,

I heard "Heavy Metal Drummer" at The Hard Rock Hotel in Chicago. Thank you for your time.

I heard a Pavement song from Crooked Rain in Bloomingdales yesterday (drawing a blank on the song). That was suprising, to say the least, considering I'd find it impressive to hear any Pavement played over the PA at before just about any concert.

Wrong message board dude.

Everyone in my family just leaves the tv on a lot, so I was in my room and I heard California Stars. When I walked out to the living room it was playing on the Documentary Channel in a documentary called Go Further.