Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

Wait til you get a couple episodes further… 

Posted Images

i work at starbucks (oh shit im in college) and they play a lot of mermaid avenue stuff, sometimes billy bragg songs too

My daughter told me recently she heard Wilco tunes at the local pharmacy - Rite Ade and I didn't believe her but then I heard it soon after. Most people start at us blankly when we say we spent our vacation going to Chicago to see Wilco.

I got all excited to hear it, and I looked at her face, and she was just as excited, if not more, than I. She said "shhh! Mommy listen!" and then said "Wouldn't it be so funny if Wilco was playing that song here in concert?" I asked where they would be set up, and she looked around and said "over there by the bananas." Then she launched into dialogue about what "instruments" they'd play. Bananas, pizza dough, and corn chips would be their instruments. We stood there and listened to the rest of the song as she played imaginary banana drums.

So glad she was there to share that moment!

That's so cool! :dancing

I heard "Impossible Germany" at Jackman Fabrics today. It was followed by a Vanessa Williams ballad.

They probably sold the rights to one of the huge conglomerates that supplies music to stores, most likely.

For once, I'm being serious. Not like when I called Tweedy a sell-out for no longer living in the crappy apartments behind the video store in Belleville.

In all seriousness, I'm thrilled to see you expressing that you don't know if I'm being sarcastic before expressing your displeasure. That's the best!

:rotfl

....I can't even tell the difference anymore. And that isn't sarcasm.

Or maybe it is. Damn.

I was going to say the exact same thing. For real.

I've had too much caffeine and sarcasm for one day. Tomorrow, it's nothing but pure, clean drinking water and pure-heartedness for me.

Guest Muncle Douchey
In all seriousness, I'm thrilled to see you expressing that you don't know if I'm being sarcastic before expressing your displeasure. That's the best!

i'm in total agreeance here. it's quite douchey not to express such lack of knowledge before expressing displeasure.

When did stores make the switch from the shmaltzy covers of Muzak to playlists that it seems are in rotation in various chains? I cant remember what year it was (probably 6-7 years ago) but I was buying mulch at home depot and a track from Air's Moon Safari album came on. It just seemed so out of place that I thought I imagined it. i turned to my wife and asked her if she heard it to. She replied "big deal, Air sounds like Muzak anyway".

• 2 weeks later...

I took my girls and one of their friends to dinner tonight at my old job (Friendly's, for those of you familiar) and they played 'Impossible Germany' :rock

I would've been more surprised had one of my friends/former co-workers not already filled me in already, but it was pretty cool just the same. I made the waitress stop talking so the girls could hear...and they yelled "Wilco!!!". It was pretty cute.

Sidenote: because of my friend listening to IG at work, he ended up buying SBS for himself :thumbup

I took my girls and one of their friends to dinner tonight at my old job (Friendly's, for those of you familiar) and they played 'Impossible Germany' :rock
I work for a supermarket chain on Long Island and while I was doing my thing I heard Impossible Gremany over the intercom system. Musac has come a long way :dancing

Were either of these instances right around 6 PM Eastern tonight (Wednesday)? Because I was standing in a La-Z-Boy store and heard "Impossible Germany" right around that time.

Were either of these instances right around 6 PM Eastern tonight (Wednesday)? Because I was standing in a La-Z-Boy store and heard "Impossible Germany" right around that time.

Yes, actually it was :D

I head "Impossible Germany" in our local Publix in Savannah at around the same time.