Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

Wait til you get a couple episodes further… 

Posted Images

My sister was in the car with my Grandma (affectionately refered to as G-dawg-ma in our house now) and she said that "Hate It Here" played on the radio and Becca mentioned that it was Wilco and my grandma cracked the radio up and at the end of the song said "That singer's voice is so clean, very pure!" :lol I nearly fell over when Becca told me. :rock

i was a cover band gig last night that my friend sings in. after a few pints, i yelled out "Play some wilco". about 3 songs later, i was surprised to hear them bust into Box full of letters :rock

my friend didnt know the song cause she only just joined the group, and afterwards asked me "who's Wilco"

wow. someone was blasting "the late greats" in their car while i was walking on Houston Street just an hour ago.

completely unexpected, and what made it so great is that everyone on the block had no choice but to listen in.

i couldn't help but sing along and smile haha.

well, I was pumping gas in good ole Hope(less) Valley RI today, and when I got out of my car I heard solos of Imp Germany, I was looking around for whose car stero it was coming from, but then I figured out I was the only one there lol it was coming from the speaker above the gas pump, I felt like I was in a Vdub commercial

Not sure if this counts because I'm not sure if he actually wrote it & someone else was singing it, but the song "thirteen" that Jeff sings solo sometimes was just on How I Met Your Mother, which Britney Spears guest starred on....never thought I'd experience Britney & Jeff in such close proximity!

I don't think this counts, but i smiled when I read it:

A little excerpt from Hemmingway's The Sun Also Rises:

"...You must get to know the values" said the count.

"Doesn't anything ever happen to your values?" Brett asked.

"No. Not any more."

"Never fall in love?"

"Always," said the count. "I am always in love."

pg. 61 in my edition, in case anyone wanted to check it out

Not sure if this counts because I'm not sure if he actually wrote it & someone else was singing it, but the song "thirteen" that Jeff sings solo sometimes was just on How I Met Your Mother, which Britney Spears guest starred on....never thought I'd experience Britney & Jeff in such close proximity!

Ah, but it was the original Big Star version, not one of the numerous cover versions -- not sure that puts Jeff and Ms. Spears in all that close proximity. It is nice to hear Big Star on a prime-time network show. As previously discussed, though, "How I Met Your Mother" had an earlier episode where an unnamed Wilco CD played a role in the plot, and "Passenger Side" ended up on the show. As sitcoms go, HIMYM is a pretty good show, and it's nice to see someone involved in its production is a Wilco fan.

Our local paper's Sunday crossword puzzle (3/30/08), clue 74 across says:

"Guitarist Cline of the band Wilco"

My wife actually saw this. Neither of us ever do crosswords either. Just caught her eye I guess.

By the way, the puzzle is from the LA Times Syndicate.

While leaving the DC metro area yesterday, I got caught up in a formidable traffic jam with all the out-of-towners leaving the District after the Cherry Blossom Fest.

Anyways, a new BMW M5 with vanity plates was blasting some Sky Blue Sky for all of us in the jam. Perchance it was a member of the board? If so, pipe up!

That's AWESOME!!! :dancing

My wife actually saw this. Neither of us ever do crosswords either. Just caught her eye I guess.

By the way, the puzzle is from the LA Times Syndicate.

You should have scanned it in for us all to see :)

I heard "Impossible Germany" at a grocery store (Dominion) the other day. I think that was the first time I've heard Wilco played in a public place.