isadorah

Wilco heard while you're out and about

and welcome to VC, we're an unruly bunch, but we mean well.

you're a wicked smart and funny bunch, too. even though i don't post much, i always enjoy reading this board.

I was just reading this thread yesterday and was thinking I never hear Wilco out and about.

Well, last night I took the kids to Burger King as a special treat and "Impossible Germany" came on while we were eating our fatty meals.

I took my kids to Navy Pier last weekend and heard "Impossible Germany" as soon as I walked in there from the parking garage. Nice.

I was just reading this thread yesterday and was thinking I never hear Wilco out and about.

Well, last night I took the kids to Burger King as a special treat and "Impossible Germany" came on while we were eating our fatty meals.

that's odd, considering they have an exclusive deal with Wendy's.

that makes it a very special treat!

A friend recently went to South Carolina for thanksgiving-he didn't need anything, but he stopped and took the pic just for me. He was also a few track into AGIB at the time.....teh awesome!@$!$!!!1121!

Wejusthadtostop.jpg

"this is the only one we saw, and it was either in northern Virginny or south WV"-friend who took the pic.

I know many of you have heard stuff while you were out, but I VERY rarely do.

So I was QUITE EXCITED to hear 'Impossible Germany' playing at my local grocery store :dancing I made my girls come with me to an aisle right under a speaker so we could hear it better :lol It's not like I couldn't hear it at home, but ya know...

Very cool.

And it's gotta make A-man proud that you went back and found this thread vs. making a new one.

A friend recently went to South Carolina for thanksgiving-he didn't need anything, but he stopped and took the pic just for me. He was also a few track into AGIB at the time.....teh awesome!@$!$!!!1121!

WILCO travel plazas are the best! i drove between DC and TN many a times and didn't notice until what would be one of my last trips that there was a travel plaza on the route. Here's a pic of the back of one of the gasoline trucks that I took.

wilco_tank.jpg

And it's gotta make A-man proud that you went back and found this thread vs. making a new one.

I do my BEST to make him proud ;)

Ok this isn't quite out and about..but I just heard Either Way on Friday Night Lights at the beginning of the episode..mind you I normally don't watch the show..but was flipping and there it was!

I also got into a cab the other day, and the local radio station the driver was listening to used "box full of letters" for their mailbag segment. quite a way for a wilco fan to enter a taxi.

Market Place on NPR

While at the local mall, I stopped in BB&B for some massage oil :shifty and noticed that Kamera was playing in the store.

Very pleasant shopping music...

It should be a marketing ploy :banana because I stayed in that smelly store until the song was over.

They must have collections of songs that get sent to the stores to be played. I was in BB&B in Memphis 3 years ago and heard Kamera. I was never so happy to be shopping with the wife & kids at "that smelly store" as I was that day.

Incidentally, this past Friday night I was in a Walgreen's and heard The Ramones' "Blitzkrieg Bop". I have declared that store, "Coolest Store in the World".

i heard Impossible Germany around midnight last night in a convenience story in Philadelphia

was on my way out with a bottle of water and M&Ms but stuck around for the guitar solo

the coolest was hearing The Passenger by Iggy Pop in a Kohl's department store a few weeks ago

funny you mention this, I heard Kamera while at brunch last Sunday. I was kinda like WTF?? Then I realized where I was at and just jammed out until they brought out a fresh tray of bacon.

I was wine tasting in Napa when I heard a Wilco song come over the speakers. I can't remember which song it was, but I do remember saying out loud "Oh my God! It's Wilco!" Only my aunt understood why I was so excited.

I was at this joint in KC called Sweet Tomatoes and an SBS song came on as I was sitting down. Thank you God, thank you Jesus...I think it was Shake it Off. Your post about BB&Beyond made me think of it.

I was in this store called 'Big Lots' and i heard impossible germany playing lol..so where have you guys heard some of their songs playing?