Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

Wait til you get a couple episodes further… 

Posted Images

i don't see why wilco being played at starbuck's would be disappointing. don't you want to hear good music everywhere you go?

i work at starbucks (oh shit im in college) and they play a lot of mermaid avenue stuff, sometimes billy bragg songs too

I heard "New Madrid" at Chiptole today, located on the same street where "the fountain" is located. That was somewhat trippy. I embarrassed my daughter by singing along.

I heard "New Madrid" at Chiptole today, located on the same street where "the fountain" is located. That was somewhat trippy. I embarrassed my daughter by singing along.

You should take some photos of the UT landmarks/the place they lived in and put them up on Flickr.

ive got a pretty great one.

was in vegas recently and they lost all of my luggage. i was there for a black tie event, so my fancy suit was lost. in a day's time i had to go about finding a new suit, shirt, and shoes. after the 9 hour ordeal, i had myself a tailored theory suit with prada boots. i got dressed at the tailor's since i was pressed for time, and as i go into the bathroom of the nearby neiman marcus walken comes on the PA.

glorious.

You should take some photos of the UT landmarks/the place they lived in and put them up on Flickr.

Here's the fountain, blocked by some hooligan drinking Stag and cramming a bratwurst down her gullet. Belleville trash.

1425560682_27042003dc.jpg

(Edited to add: The humor's self-depricating, as the Stag-drinking pink-haired hooligan is me.)

That chick looks like a friend of mine's sister.

I get that a lot. Well, more often I hear, "You look just like my cousin."

Here's the fountain, blocked by some hooligan drinking Stag and cramming a bratwurst down her gullet. Belleville trash.
how's that a bit?

"some hooligan" = poppydawn? Instead of "that chick" A-man could have said "you".

Can't say I'm offended, since I didn't make it known that the hooligan = that chick = me. All's cool.

Obviously, there are many, many things in that photo that could be the focus of malicious teasing. "That chick" is down-right complementary, when you're a big ol' pink-haired Stag-drinking gal sitting on a fountain in the middle of a round-a-bout, living in the town that spawned her favorite band and who may or may not drive past the Tweedy homestead near major holidays to see if there's anything interesting to see.

This is such a refreshing attitude, rarely seen on VC! :lol

And I love the picture. :thumbup

Oh, it takes a lot to offend me. Unless you're doing wrong by my kid or a handful of other people in my life, there's a good chance it's not going to bother me. It's one of the perks of being shameless. :)

That said, thanks for looking out for me, WW. :thumbup

I mentioned the idea of doing a UT/Belleville photo tour to my husband. His response: "I can't believe you haven't already done that." I have been known to give the UT/Wilco tour of local sites to visiting friends.

"some hooligan" = poppydawn? Instead of "that chick" A-man could have said "you".

Thank you...that's EXACTLY what I meant

You're welkie!!! :cheekkiss

I don't know what all the new people look like on here - sorry. I did not know that was you.

Oh, it takes a lot to offend me. Unless you're doing wrong by my kid or a handful of other people in my life, there's a good chance it's not going to bother me. It's one of the perks of being shameless. :)

I mentioned the idea of doing a UT/Belleville photo tour to my husband. His response: "I can't believe you haven't already done that." I have been known to give the UT/Wilco tour of local sites to visiting friends.

I hope you do it - as I have always been curious about how some of the stuff looks. I am a small town guy and love small towns.

I work for Famous Dave's BBQ. and the highlight of every work day is when the "James Alley Blues" cover plays once on the surprisingly decent playlist there.

I also got into a cab the other day, and the local radio station the driver was listening to used "box full of letters" for their mailbag segment. quite a way for a wilco fan to enter a taxi.

oh, and yesterday at the coffee shop (NOT starbucks), Impossible Germany came on out of nowhere.

luck like that has a way of making shitty days bearable.

this is also my first post.

I also got into a cab the other day, and the local radio station the driver was listening to used "box full of letters" for their mailbag segment. quite a way for a wilco fan to enter a taxi.

Now that you mention it, I've heard that used on the radio before too.

and welcome to VC, we're an unruly bunch, but we mean well.