Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

Wait til you get a couple episodes further… 

Posted Images

One time I was getting pizza at the Boot (a bar in New Orleans, LA) around mid-day and they were playing "Can't Stand It"; they followed it up with the Shins "So Says I".

Other than the drunken "Jesus, Etc;" sing-alongs I incite whenever I can find it on a jukebox, I really don't ever hear Wilco much outside of my own record player.

Last weekend, Downtown and I were meeting some friends at Jason's Deli then heading over to see Colverfield. As we were waiting for Toby and "All the Young Girls Love", What Light came over the sound system.

"That's Wilco..."

"Really? I thought they were some kinda hard rock band. That's not bad."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Downtown loves Styx and Barry Manilow.

I'm in love with a A Philistine.

I'd rather date a crack whore than a philistine, although it's tough to find a crack whore with taste.

I'll be sure to pass those sentiments along to Downtown. I am sure she will be amused (NOT).

my cousin works at a chain grocery store up here in the canada and he says they play Imposible Germany on the sattelite radio playlist thing all the time

that must be strange for all the shopping moms(and dads) when the guitars freak out(laughs)

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the grocery store today with my almost 5 year old daughter, Jaina who is totally into Wilco. We were about to head to the checkout aisle and Impossible Germany came on.

I got all excited to hear it, and I looked at her face, and she was just as excited, if not more, than I. She said "shhh! Mommy listen!" and then said "Wouldn't it be so funny if Wilco was playing that song here in concert?" I asked where they would be set up, and she looked around and said "over there by the bananas." Then she launched into dialogue about what "instruments" they'd play. Bananas, pizza dough, and corn chips would be their instruments. We stood there and listened to the rest of the song as she played imaginary banana drums.

So glad she was there to share that moment!

I was at the grocery store today with my almost 5 year old daughter, Jaina who is totally into Wilco. We were about to head to the checkout aisle and Impossible Germany came on.

I got all excited to hear it, and I looked at her face, and she was just as excited, if not more, than I. She said "shhh! Mommy listen!" and then said "Wouldn't it be so funny if Wilco was playing that song here in concert?" I asked where they would be set up, and she looked around and said "over there by the bananas." Then she launched into dialogue about what "instruments" they'd play. Bananas, pizza dough, and corn chips would be their instruments. We stood there and listened to the rest of the song as she played imaginary banana drums.

So glad she was there to share that moment!

That's hillarious -- I hope when I have kids they're that cool :thumbup