Wilco heard while you're out and about

On 2/9/2024 at 11:48 AM, ViaChicago12 said:

At the restaurant I’m opening in Iowa City, IA. Cued by me.

Good luck!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

Wait til you get a couple episodes further… 

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

"In May 2021, Rousay went on a five-day trip and came back to a completely empty house. Burglars had taken everything: $20,000 worth of music gear, couch, passport, bed. Even the toilet seat. A GoFundMe was posted to help her recoup, raising more than $33,000. Soon after, a mysterious box bigger than her car showed up at the friend’s house where Rousay was staying. It was filled with instruments and equipment, including a full drum set and a $5,500 archtop guitar, courtesy of Wilco’s Jeff Tweedy, a fan of her work who had heard about her misfortune. “I did not know him, but he really helped me out when I was fucked,” says Rousay, who has since supported and collaborated with Tweedy. “The shipping on that must’ve been insane. All of the instruments on this record are from Jeff.”"

A nice act, though Jeff should have got the priorities right and included a toilet seat.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/apr/16/claire-rousay-album-sentiment-depression-jeff-tweedy

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, bcdoc said:

The Jumble writer loves his Wilco

IMG_2568.jpeg

That’s Jeff Knurek, who is pretty active in the A Shot in the Arm Facebook group. 

Last night my village celebrated our 100th Year Anniversary with a bunch of what not,  which ended in a drone show.

As the show was ending and the drones started fall down back to land, WIlco's Love Is Everywhere (Beware) played over the ball park speakers -- Definitely not expected to hear this tune -- it was kinda cool. 

• 1 month later...