Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

At a Strand of Oaks show last weekend, Pat Finnerty (who now plays guitar for Strand of Oaks and also does the “Why This Song Stinks” podcast) opened the show for SoA by playing random covers that the

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

John playing with Ray Lamontagne on Later with Jools Holland last night. A restrained supportive role not looking to grab any attention. He might have picked up some moves from Nicky Wire who was also present on the show with the Manics.

Anyone listen to the Best Show? Last night, Tom Scharpling, the host was going on about his dislike of the Grateful Dead. He'd listened to a show one of his producers had given him (5/8/77 for you Deadheads out there). He, of course, hated it. At one point he compared it to if Wilco was playing immediately after being given novocaine shots in their hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4lzoQKIF8E

Not exactly "hearing" Wilco while out and about, but it still fits the spirit of the thread. I saw this trailer at our local arthouse, playing in front of a screening of "RBG." My wife and I yelped a little when we saw the cameo at the 2:09 mark.

• 2 weeks later...

You And I in the Dan Accadia hotel in Herzylia, Israel at breakfast this morning. A pleasant way to start the day, especially when I’m 7,000 miles from home.

Too bad they didn’t play the full Less Than You Think to give your day more of a drone vibe...B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hate It Here & Tweedy's Summer Noon are on the Spotify Original Motion Picture Playlist for Jonah Hill's directorial debut Mid90s. It's interesting to note that these 2 songs were in Richard Linklater's Boyhood. I haven't seen the film yet, so I have no idea if these songs made the film. Obviously these songs were not released in the 90s, so it could be that these songs are more on the playlist side.

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2018-10-16/jonah-hills-mid90s-and-spotify-team-up-for-our-first-ever-official-motion-picture-playlist/

Art of Almost Wilco.... picked this bad boy up this summer in Central New York. I'll be wearing it at Solid Sound next year.

yPqQKYK.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My daughter was watching an old episode of "Friends" and in the background I noticed a Wilco sticker in the record shop window. (Season 4, Episode 15. That was about a year before "Summerteeth.")

• 4 weeks later...