Wilco heard while you're out and about

My girlfriend had old episodes of 'How I Met Your Mother' playing in the background while she was working from home the other day, and out of nowhere, 15-20 seconds of Passenger Side begins to play during the scene transition. I've never cared for the show (and still don't) but upon further inspection, it turns out that they've had Wilco tracks dotted throughout the whole 8 or 9 seasons.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

Wait til you get a couple episodes further… 

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Funny story, slightly off-topic: our local NPR Station broadcasts the American Routes show, which I love.  As y'all probably know, Tweedy was on recently.  Our local station replayed the Tweedy episode last weekend.

The bumper music leading into the show? The guitar section of a Farrar tune from August 16-20.

To be fair, the local guy hosting the show for our local station plays both Wilco and Son Volt bumper music pretty regularly - so perhaps it was a coincidence. Or perhaps it was an inside joke.  Very, very inside.

Gerry Beckley says:

Wilco, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot 

There are so many great Wilco records but it’s this one that I hold as a reminder that great music is still being made. Great tunes, great quirky production and the documentary, “I Am Trying To Break Your Heart” is equally good. I’ve only been to two shows other than our own in the last two years and they were both Wilco!

• 3 weeks later...

Have to share this one. I have been known to frequent a fancy plant shop in my adopted home town of Evanston, IL. One day a few weeks ago, just as I walked in, they started playing Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Last night, at the Tweedy benefit show at the Vic, a lady sat next to me. We were making small talk and she said she had a shop in Evanston. I said, "I feel like I've met you before."  It was the owner of the shop (Cultivate Urban Rainforest and Gallery on Main Street in E-town). Small world!

Have to share this one. I have been known to frequent a fancy plant shop in my adopted home town of Evanston, IL. One day a few weeks ago, just as I walked in, they started playing Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Last night, at the Tweedy benefit show at the Vic, a lady sat next to me. We were making small talk and she said she had a shop in Evanston. I said, "I feel like I've met you before." It was the owner of the shop (Cultivate Urban Rainforest and Gallery on Main Street in E-town). Small world!

Haha! Fancy plant lady fan club? That is pretty weird, though...

Haha! Fancy plant lady fan club? That is pretty weird, though...

I'm normally a Home Depot Garden Center or grocery store impulse purchase kind of plant buyer, but my niece (the one you have met) loves that place because they have cool terrariums (terraria?) and succulents, which appeal to her artistic sensibility. Also, it's a couple doors down from a good taco place and across the street from a guitar store. Crazy world!

Tweedy's episode of Parks and Rec. was playing when I was at my Mexican lunch spot this morning - the episode when he was trying to sing Andy's Karate Chop Master song -- I laughed, again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Watching this past Friday's Real Time With Bill Maher & in his New Rules segment he made a joke about drummers throwing out drumsticks into the audience and taking out an eye. I was surprised to see him use a pic of Glenn Kotche.

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eFORZUush8[/media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eFORZUush8

Sort of a Wilco heard. From the "What's In My Bag?" video series. Latest episode with Bob Weir. This is buried in the GD topic, but I thought it deserved mention here.

Check out the second album he pulls out (after Miles):

“They’re a good band, they play off each other, they listen to each other...they know how to rise and fall together…great dynamics, good songwriting and good music and great interplay. A solid American band.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eFORZUush8

• 2 weeks later...

So it's probably been covered on here a million times, but I just discovered Friday Night Lights and have been binge-watching it on Netflix. Holy smokes, I'm only on Season 2, and already they've played Muzzle of Bees, Either Way, and Sky Blue Sky.

• 2 months later...