Wilco heard while you're out and about

Dawned On Me was featured for a solid 30 seconds in Andrew Niccol's Good Kill with Ethan Hawke. Great film!

I also was looking for a few short comedy series to watch this summer, so I looked at trailers for FX's You're The Worst & Married. Married's trailer had an instrumental loop of I Might. It was similar to the instrumentals used in Every Other Summer.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

Wait til you get a couple episodes further… 

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Might be the first to hear a Star Wars track while out! Out to dinner with my wife yesterday in Brooklyn and heard "More..."

I just saw the new Amy Schumer movie Trainwreck directed by Judd Apatow. At a pivotal scene in the characters' relationship they play a good chunk of Please Be Patient With Me.

The movie is really funny too.

I just saw the new Amy Schumer movie Trainwreck directed by Judd Apatow. At a pivotal scene in the characters' relationship they play a good chunk of Please Be Patient With Me.

Aw you stole mine! Just got back from the theater. That was a good flick!

• 2 weeks later...

There's a pivotal plot moment in the movie Paper Towns that involves Woody Guthrie and then "Walt Whitman's Niece" from Mermaid Avenue.  The vinyl album cover is prominently displayed in the shot.

Heard on @midnight with Chris Hardwick:

The request was made to provide examples of less-than-impressive Guinness Book World Records.

One of the responses was:

The most Wilco heard at a coffee shop

• 4 weeks later...

Isn't that the song that Lauren/speed racer hated so much?

I think she hated Leave Me ( Like You Found Me).

How could I forget. She raised hell about it enough

Not exactly a "heard," but I was just at a busy farm stand getting some of summer's bounty, and an older gentleman commented on my Wilco t-shirt (worn in honor of JT's b-day). He said, "Wilco, I know them. Their drummer used to play in a band we'd go see in Chicago." Maybe some early project of Glenn's? I asked if he'd been at the Amphitheatre for their show in May, and he said yes, he'd gotten free tickets and was right up front. I didn't get any more details, but I always love to make a Wilco connection with a stranger. And it was especially fun on Jeff's b-day.

an older gentleman commented on my Wilco t-shirt 

Several days ago I was in OfficeMax and the clerk noticed my T-shirt, saying, "Wilco!  Cool, man."  Thing is, the T-shirt was the "Kaysettes Starring Butchers Blind" one, which only a serious fan would immediately grasp as a Wilco shirt.

wil522.jpg

Several days ago I was in OfficeMax and the clerk noticed my T-shirt, saying, "Wilco! Cool, man." Thing is, the T-shirt was the "Kaysettes Starring Butchers Blind" one, which only a serious fan would immediately grasp as a Wilco shirt.

wil522.jpg

Did you say something to him? I would definitely have started up a conversation after a comment like that!

Yeah, we talked for a few minutes before another customer entered the checkout.  What was funny is that I then drove to a video store and the clerk there also mentioned the shirt--but I've talked Wilco with that guy numerous times before, so that wasn't surprising.