Wilco heard while you're out and about

Yesterday morning after dropping the kids off at school - On our local NPR station (KUNR) - played the tail end of the jam from Impossible Germany during their traffic report and morning program guide. Dad Rock at its finest!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

Wait til you get a couple episodes further… 

Posted Images

Was picking up dinner from Boston Market to take to a friend's house, and the sound system was playing "Can't Stand It." Best music ever heard in a Boston Market, I'd say.

Aw, now you've gone and made me hungry for some Boston Market, and it's after midnight!

Some of you in the Northeast may be familiar, our local NPR station, WAMC, uses part of "Pieholden Suite" as the bumper music for their morning "Roundtable" show- catchy as hell.

• 1 month later...

Ken Jenning's sends out a Trivia Challenge every Tuesday, with the seventh question always involving finding a connection between a list of things, people, places, etc. Here is today's:

What unusual distinction is shared by all these musical acts?  Aerosmith, Big Star, Depeche Mode, The Doobie Brothers, Genesis, Green Day, George Michael, Carrie Underwood, Kanye West, Wilco.

Ken Jenning's sends out a Trivia Challenge every Tuesday, with the seventh question always involving finding a connection between a list of things, people, places, etc. Here is today's:

What unusual distinction is shared by all these musical acts?  Aerosmith, Big Star, Depeche Mode, The Doobie Brothers, Genesis, Green Day, George Michael, Carrie Underwood, Kanye West, Wilco.

If you determine the real answer, please share. Ken Jennings may be my favorite follow on Twitter. Funny as hell.

I was watching Jeopardy with the wife and almost fell out of my chair....it was something about "who's album was Whole Love and something about Uncle Tupelo" I was on the phone playing poker....

So the question was who is Wilco or who is Jeff Tweedy, or do you recall?

Funny, just as I was typing this question to you Wilco tweeted out the question aND answer. I think the answer was Jeff Tweedy wrote the songs Standing O and Sunloathe for the album The whole Love and the question was Who is Wilco.

Jeff Tweedy wrote "Standing O" and "Sunloathe"

for this group's album "The Whole Love"

(Category was rock music or something like that)

I nearly fell off the sofa!

Got calls from 2 friends saying your group was on jeopardy!

Took pic, will try to post it later.