Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

Wait til you get a couple episodes further… 

Posted Images

On 11/27/2022 at 9:28 AM, SarahC said:

Wait til you get a couple episodes further… 

Wow, episode 7 with Spiders (Kidsmoke) the soundtrack to the kitchen chaos was stunning. I hope season 2 is as good as season 1 was & they don't ruin it.

47 minutes ago, chuckrh said:

Wow, episode 7 with Spiders (Kidsmoke) the soundtrack to the kitchen chaos was stunning. I hope season 2 is as good as season 1 was & they don't ruin it.

Me too. I loved it— my sister worked in restaurants for years and said it was pretty accurate in terms of chaos sometimes. 

• Like 1

Maybe this should be in a different thread, but I didn't start it... We are 4 episodes in and thoroughly enjoying The Bear. The soundtrack is excellent and apropos. Thanks again, Chuck.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Doug C said:

Maybe this should be in a different thread, but I didn't start it... We are 4 episodes in and thoroughly enjoying The Bear. The soundtrack is excellent and apropos. Thanks again, Chuck.

Perhaps I didn't get it on the right thread but wanted to put it out there. I have a lot (too much) going on right now & was being lazy. Glad I pointed it out to you. I don't know why I hesitated on the series at first. Probably because it was described as a comedy by some & I'm not really into comedy right now. Also, I was a little sick of Jeremy Allen White after the trainwreck that was the end of "Shameless". Glad I saw the error of my ways!

Message boards, like texts, are an imperfect communication method. You did nothing wrong and no apology necessary. I was just being a smart ass. I couldn’t give a damn what thread is what. I was thinking back to the days when people whose entire lives seemed to be VC would get riled up by such egregious behavior. Haha! That’s all.

I also was wary of The Bear due to Lip becoming annoying at the end of Shameless. I was happy to see Oliver Platt appear, adding to an already excellent cast.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

At a Strand of Oaks show last weekend, Pat Finnerty (who now plays guitar for Strand of Oaks and also does the “Why This Song Stinks” podcast) opened the show for SoA by playing random covers that the audience or he wanted to hear. 
Patrick saw a guy in the audience who really did look a lot like Jeff and said “hey Tweedy guy, here’s one for you” (or something like that) and then they played Outtasite. 

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739

The series centers on White as a fine-dining chef who returns to take over his family’s old-school Chicago restaurant, kicking up all sorts of Midwest recriminations and personality conflicts in the process. All while being soundtracked by a pretty exquisite set of indie music tracks for music nerds of a certain vintage–something highlighted by the teaser’s on-the-nose but hard to argue with choice of Wilco’s “Via Chicago” to underscore the beef-based melancholy of it all.

New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".  :lol

(The Bear probably should have had it's own thread by now!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, dagwave said:

"You Never Know" Sirius Howard Stern promo running frequently.

Things I never thought I'd hear for $500, Alex

and I love it.

It's Wilco's only number one song! (It hit No. 1 on Billboard's Triple-A chart, which means it was a big fish in a very small pond.)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Oil Can Boyd said:

Secret of the Sea in my local Trader Joe's yesterday 

Such a gem. I wish this were the Mermaid tune that was the staple of the live set rather than "California Stars."

• 2 weeks later...