Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Here is who the presenters are this year:

Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Nicks, Carrie Underwood, Chris Martin: The stars are turning out to salute the 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees.

The hall of fame announced Tuesday that "The Boss" will fittingly induct and perform with his loyal E Street Band, while a superstar lineup of Nicks, Underwood, Bonnie Raitt, Emmylou Harris and Sheryl Crow will perform for Linda Ronstadt. Glenn Frey will induct the singer.

Michael Stipe of R.E.M. will induct Nirvana, Coldplay's Chris Martin will induct Peter Gabriel, Tom Morello handles those duties for KISS, and Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson will induct fellow Philadelphians Hall and Oates.

Inductees Daryl Hall and John Oates, Gabriel and Cat Stevens will perform during the April 10 ceremony, which will be broadcast May 31 on HBO.

"Rich Girl"

"Sara Smile"

"She's Gone"

"You Make My Dreams"

Rolling Stones manager protests Rock Hall of Fame, skips own induction

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/la-et-ms-rock-hall-fame-andrew-loog-oldham-boycott-20140407,0,683711.story

His main point, I guess, is that he can't do blow at his table if he wants, because the festivities are being filmed (unlike 20 years ago). I listen to his radio show sometimes, he does have some great stories.

Are you kidding? You liked KISS as a ute but not Cooper? Christ, man! That '70-'75 period has some of the best riffs this side of Keef imo. I don't give a shit about the "shock rock" thing, but there's some mighty fine rock and roll songs by the original band.

MB, you gotta read "What you want is in the limo".....a good portion of the book is about Alice Cooper's rise to fame and glory. I'm not an Alice Cooper fan but now I'm sorta intrigued. One factoid....the lead guitarist was so wasted all the time that the band brought in another guy to play on the album/tour. Sometimes they'd just turn his guitar off during shows and he wouldnt even notice.

Rock Hall Fame Ceremony Wraps

Nirvana Joined by Joan Jett, Kim Gordon, St. Vincent, Lorde. . .

I have no idea who half those women are - and I wonder why they chose women to sing Nirvana songs.

The choice of the singers who fronted the band was nothing short of masterful: One performer who influenced the core band members as teens, and even produced the only album by late-era guitarist Pat Smear's first band, the Germs (Joan Jett); another who was both an influence and a key mentor early in the band's career (Sonic Youth's Kim Gordon); another who discovered Nirvana at the age of nine and has gone on to a highly individual career -- and is herself a shredding guitarist (St. Vincent's Annie Clark); and finally, a highly individual teenaged singer who wasn't even born when Cobain died, and who looks to be doing a good job so far of facing down the star machine that caused him so much pain.