Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screaming for vengeance is an amazing album. I pretty much love everything through that. Then it gets spotty. People keep saying painkiller is really good but I remember not liking it. May have to try again. But yes, priest and Maiden should be in.

• 1 month later...

We just got tickets to see 10 time RRHOF nominees Chic open for Duran Duran.  On that note, has Duran Duran ever been nominated?  If not, do y'all think they'll get in the first time they're nominated?

Yeah, for sure.  This could just be my perception, but they seemed to be one of the major players when it came to music videos. That could be a factor that helps them get in when they get nominated.

They definitely were. Their videos for Rio and Hungry Life the Wolf really set them apart from other MTV low budget tripe.

This article (admittedly a year and a half old) says they've never been nominated.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6042281/the-10-most-controversial-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-moments

YES ould be great and bodes well for our favorite here as they were an original, forget about stretching boundaries YES redefined boundaries. Here's hoping it happens ...

While nothing is automatic both Deep Purple and Cheap Trick Sold a Ton ...

Btw does Peter Wolfe have to die before J. Geils gets in ?

At least Deep Purple finally made it. I will be surprised if anyone other than Roger Glover and Ian Paice show up though. 

Chicago (which won the public fan vote, tallying nearly 37.7 million nods) 

With the induction of Cheap Trick,Chicago, Deep Purple and Steve Miller -- along with relative rookies N.W.A -- as its class of 2016, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is bringing some pre-holiday joy to fans who have felt those acts have been slighted and deserving recognition sooner than this.

That's not a bad group of inductees.  Every now and then I throw on Deep Purple box set on shuffle and listen to it on Sunday mornings in my kitchen while I read the paper and drink coffee - until my wife gets up and makes me turn it off.

Yesterday on XM, I heard a reworked version by Miller of Fly Like an Eagle - wasnt a big fan of it. His greatest hits tape was pretty much the soundtrack to my high school party experience - it was played at every one.

Steve Miller is great - at least the early albums. I have original pressings of all of them. I have all the Deep Purple re-releases from back in the late 90s. They sound great and have really nice liner notes. I recently bought the 3-cd Japanese version of Made in Japan. 

If I could only listen to music by this year's inductees, or this year's nominees that didn't get in, I'd choose the ones that didn't get in and it's not even close.  I'd be perfectly content to never hear another Steve Miller, Cheap Trick, or Deep Purple song, 

If I could only listen to music by this year's inductees, or this year's nominees that didn't get in, I'd choose the ones that didn't get in and it's not even close.  I'd be perfectly content to never hear another Steve Miller, Cheap Trick, or Deep Purple song, 

I think that's a prerequisite on getting into the Hall -- if people are sick of their tunes - they are a shoo-in.