Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fan vote that gave Chicago the win (only worth 1 ballot anyway) was compromised (bots).  So meaningless...shame because they would have won it anyway.

Shame YES did not get in but they will eventually I am sure. 

I like Cure better than Smiths...but Smiths may get in first.  Both have been nominated in past but either gets in.

Diversification is becoming a problem....0.00 ladies in this year.

NWA is a no brainer.

Chic 10 x nominated never voted in...shame...Nile deserves it.

They inducted Steve Miller not the Steve Miller Band...mistake.

That's sort of probably like the induction of Bruce Springsteen without the E Street Band. Although I am sure Steve had a lot more people in the band over the years. A lot of people may not know Boz Scaggs use to be in the band. 

This seems sort of cold to me:

Cheap Trick's original lineup -- Nielsen. frontman Robin Zander, bassist Tom Petersson and drummer Bun E. Carlos -- will be inducted in Brooklyn, and the ceremony may bring Carlos back to the band for the first time in five years. Carlos remains a member but, by agreement, no longer plays live with Cheap Trick (Nielsen's son Daxx replaced him in 2010). Yet Nielsen says he's open to having the drummer rejoin for the induction.

"If he's there, great," Nielsen says. "Bun E.'s definitely a big part of our history, for sure. Daxx is gonna be there, but if Bun E.'s there, great.”

I saw Cheap Trick a couple years ago and they were pretty lousy. Surprisingly bad sound and boring as hell. Thank God they were openers, not headliners. A real disappointment.

Yes should have been in a long time ago, but screw them for what they did to Jon Anderson. Karma is a bitch.

I don't know the back story there, what's up. Bare Trees was a major album for us in high school, still think it's a great one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They left out Bob when they were inducted.