The Pearl Jam Thread

I've always been a fan of Pearl Jam and really liked the s/t album. In fact, I would say "Come Back" is probably my favorite Pearl Jam song. Probably not a popular choice, but, oh well.

Come Back is a great song as well as Parachutes.

Here it goes

1. Vs.

2. No Code

3. Yield

4. Vitalogy

5. Pearl Jam

6. Riot Act

7. Ten

8. Binaural

My ranking of just studio but Live at Benaroya Hall would be right up near the top.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorite 'drums on record' performances. Maybe tops, even.

ditto.

sadly whenever Cameron has tried to play it, it comes off sounding like 'Hot For Teacher'

the slowed down/re-worked version from like '03 or whenever was just HORRENDOUS too. FAIL

Come Back is a great song as well as Parachutes.

Here it goes

1. Vs.

2. No Code

3. Yield

4. Vitalogy

5. Pearl Jam

6. Riot Act

7. Ten

8. Binaural

My ranking of just studio but Live at Benaroya Hall would be right up near the top.

I'll throw mine out, especially since I've recently listened to all of them and actually thought about it in more detail.

1. Vitalogy

2. No Code

3. Yield

4. Pearl Jam

5. Vs.

6. Ten

7. Binaural

8. Riot Act

1. No Code / Vs. / Vitalogy / Yield

2. Ten

3. Pearl Jam

4. Binaural

5. Riot Act

depending on the day... any one of those first 4 is my favorite... if i truly had to pick i'd probaby say Vs. for the rocking stuff and No Code for their best all around/well rounded album. But Yield is just top notch all the way through pretty much too. Vitalogy suffers a bit from the weird songs breaking up the flow, but it's their best sounding album bar none.

Yeah, I dropped $140 on a bunch of songs that I already heard (Ten Super Deluxe), so you can say I'm a fan.

By the way, my 10-month-old's favorite toy is a tamborine that I got a PJ show. My wife thinks it's got a mix of Vedder sweat and cocaine on it and that we're harming our son.

That is all.

My wife thinks it's got a mix of Vedder sweat and cocaine on it and that we're harming our son.

That is all.

:rotfl

awesome.

i can't justify the super deluxe... i figured if my wife was interested (she's still a much MUCH bigger fan than I am these days) we could split the cost, but she wasn't. i figured other than the vinyls, all of the other fake replica memorabilia would just get looked at once and thrown in a box to rot. one good thing about buying a house i guess ;)

i'll prolly just snag the deluxe cd/dvd one

I lost interest in PJ after Binaural too (it was the last studio album I purchased). However, PJ is a band that the wife likes so I listen to them a lot more now.

I hated No Code and still thing it's a pile o' crap. Yes, there are some good songs but overall, meh. I still like Vs and Vitalogy but Ten has not aged particularly well to my ears. I may pick up the reissue if I can find it cheap.

Clearly it's:

1. Ten -Still the best.

2. Vitalogy - The Kurt Cobain influenced songs still kill me.

3. Vs. - Didn't everybody buy this the day it came out?

4. Yield - Kind of a toss up with Binaural.

5. Binaural - Light years is one of the best songs they have ever done.

6. Pearl Jam

7. Riot Act

8. No Code

I'm a huge fan as well and have seen them 18 times over the years. I try to post the occasional Wilco thread in the "Other Music" section of the PJ board, but I don't like the new layout at all. My username there is "aspoonfulweighsaton" and since others have done it, I'll give you a quick ranking of albums for me:

No Code

VS

Yield

Ten

Vitalogy

S/T

Binaural

Riot Act

You may be the only person I have ever hear of that picked No Code as their favorite PJ album.

Good for you though!

you don't know that many hardcore Pearl Jam fans then ;)

it's a pretty widespread belief actually... not saying the majority of PJ fans would pick it as their favorites, but it has a huge contigent of fans.

you don't know that many hardcore Pearl Jam fans then ;)

it's a pretty widespread belief actually... not saying the majority of PJ fans would pick it as their favorites, but it has a huge contigent of fans.

Your right, I don't know any hardcore PJ fans so it's great to get that perspective. I clearly have not given No Code a good enough listen and will make it a plan to do that.

Been awhile since I dusted off Binaural come to think of it.

I've only seen them once:

April 26, 2003 - Mellon Arena; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Opening: Sparta

Set List: Small Town, Hail Hail, Save You, Corduroy, Insignificance, Cropduster, Daughter, Even Flow, Faithfull, Whipping, Immortality, Blood, Down, Love Boat Captain, Wishlist/(Improv), Better Man, Go;

1st encore: Last Kiss, Breakerfall, Once, Alive, Footsteps, Rearviewmirror;

2nd encore: Hide Your Love Away (Ed solo), Know Your Rights, Do The Evolution, Porch, Yellow Ledbetter

Seen them a bunch, the best one being at the Greek theatre in Berkeley on Halloween night 1993. Henry Rollins and American Music Club opened up. Great night, great weather, I was right in front (even caught one of McCready's guitar picks). Eddie came out in this weird Jesus outfit holding a cross. They did Baba O' Riley, Sonic Reducer, and Fuckin' up (among others) during the encore.

I also saw them in San Jose and Eddie Vedder left after 2 songs because he was so sick with the Flu. Neil Young came out to finish the show. Watching Neil doing Cortez with the band was a highlight. A bunch of people left once they found out Eddie was not coming back so I moved right up front at that one.

Also saw them several years in a row at the bridge school benefits.

Never really had a bad PJ Live experience.

Missed them last time they were in Colorado and they have not been through much in past years.

Seen them a bunch, the best one being at the Greek theatre in Berkeley on Halloween night 1993. Henry Rollins and American Music Club opened up. Great night, great weather, I was right in front (even caught one of McCready's guitar picks). Eddie came out in this weird Jesus outfit holding a cross. They did Baba O' Riley, Sonic Reducer, and Fuckin' up (among others) during the encore.

I also saw them in San Jose and Eddie Vedder left after 2 songs because he was so sick with the Flu. Neil Young came out to finish the show. Watching Neil doing Cortez with the band was a highlight. A bunch of people left once they found out Eddie was not coming back so I moved right up front at that one.

i hate you. :D

You have been to 31 shows and you hate me? Hell, I was jealous of you! I'm not even in double digits!

What's the best show you have been at? Any memorable ones?

yeah but you saw them just before their peak (that Winter/Spring '94 tour) and you saw a Neil Jam show. i'd have killed to see one of those ;)

as far as my most memorable shows...

1/16/95 Missoula

7/22/98 Seattle

10/09/00 Chicago

4/23/03 Champaign

6/13/03 Omaha

09/09/05 Thunder bay

06/24/08 New York