Jay Bennett R.I.P

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I get goose bumps every time I see that scene......great song .....should've been on YHF if at all at least "hidden'' on the end.     -Robert

This isn't in anyway a confirmation but as of 6:58 eastern his wikipedia page has news of his death: Jay Bennett.   --Mike

Does anyone know Basil II (Robert) well? He's a huge fan of JB, is there a fast way to contact him?   --Mike

Posted Images

Link?? for some reason I can't find it. Where is it?

LouieB

Upper right corner of the picture in black writing. Very subtle, almost missed it myself.

We are all deeply saddened by this tragedy. We will miss Jay as we remember him -- as a truly unique and gifted human being and one who made welcome and significant contributions to the band's songs and evolution. Our thoughts go out to his family and friends in this very difficult time.

Jeff Tweedy

Well, I'll post the quote since people have trouble seeing it on the newly designed homepage. On my work computer with an old version of IE, it doesn't show up. On this newer PC, it does.

We are all deeply saddened by this tragedy. We will miss Jay as we remember him -- as a truly unique and gifted human being and one who made welcome and significant contributions to the band's songs and evolution. Our thoughts go out to his family and friends in this very difficult time.

Jeff Tweedy

You know, we should do something in honor of Jay. Any ideas?

I know I'll feel better if I do something. Maybe I'll donate to the organization that helps musicians without health insurance. I gotta figure out what the name of that is. Anyone?

Guest Hollinger.

There is also a website that is trying to raise money to get his last album a proper release, it was originally only released as a free download.

How sad. What the hell happened? I suppose that's not how everyone processes this kind of thing, but it just makes me wonder what the hell happened to him. The guy was 45..... I don't know. I guess it doesn't change anything, but it just seems so strange that someone his age would pass so suddenly from a surgery.

In any case, may he and his loved ones be well, peaceful and happy.

A doctor friend of mine bets for a

Jay was a cool dude! I loved what he added to Wilco on the albums and definatley in the live setting. I had met Jay maybe 3 times. Two with Wilco and One a one of his solo shows. He was nice, easy to talk to and very cool. When I saw him at the TT Bears at a solo show in Massachusetts I maybe talked to him for 15 minutes. He was delighted to talk about anything. I still to this day believe no other incarnation of Wilco was better than Wilco with Jay Bennett in it. Jay RIP you will be missed. :ohwell

There is also a website that is trying to raise money to get his last album a proper release, it was originally only released as a free download.

I think this is a good idea, I'm listening to it right now and it's fantastic. I would gladly pay to see this guy released.

You know, we should do something in honor of Jay. Any ideas?

I know I'll feel better if I do something. Maybe I'll donate to the organization that helps musicians without health insurance. I gotta figure out what the name of that is. Anyone?

I'd imagine his family will announce a preferred charity in lieu of flowers. That's pretty common among public deaths.