• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caught this show and Warren as well enjoyed both.

Lucero was firing on all cylinders in the 2cd set.

Lucero was friggin great!  I was right up front for most of the show.  The most enthusiastic crowd I can remember being in for a long time. The entire crowd at the Royale knew and sang along to every single song.  I can't figure out how these guys flew under my radar all these years.  Caught them at the Sinclair last year when  buddy dragged me and I had never heard of them.  I'm loving this band, and particularly the new album.

Not to say the Warren show wasn't also excellent, but Lucero....

Lucero-Royale October 2015.jpg

Stevie Wonder

Saw him last spring and it pretty awesome. Massive stage set-up (3 drummers/percussionists, back up singers, horn section, etc.) and Herbie Hancock and Chick Corea (who had finished their show across town) sat in for 3-4 tunes towards the end. He was wearing dark glasses, too, for some reason, even though it was indoors and nighttime.

Bronze Radio Returns tonight.  I've never heard a single song of theirs -- going with a friend who saw them in Austin and loved them.  Should be weird. Anyone ever seen them or is familiar with their music?

I forgot to post this yesterday, but I saw Chuck Prophet for the first time last night at a house concert under a tent. I wasn't that familiar with his work but I loved the show. Strong songs and performance, and he couldn't have been more charming. I highly recommend seeing him if you get a chance.

An Evening with Joe Walsh last night at The Orpheum

My first Evening With at The Orpheum since Wilco.

Never seen Joe Walsh Solo Great Show ! He takes you through a Jourey of his career for the evening. However it's the manner he does this with using humor, (politics nothing too deep) and of course his illustrious guitar playing.

Favorite moment is when he gave one guitar it's last strum on a song, got his wanted feedback kept it alive whilst getting guitar switched from his techie, 5 seconds later and seamlessly another great song started.

Glad I went !

An Evening with Joe Walsh last night at The Orpheum

My first Evening With at The Orpheum since Wilco.

Never seen Joe Walsh Solo Great Show ! He takes you through a Jourey of his career for the evening. However it's the manner he does this with using humor, (politics nothing too deep) and of course his illustrious guitar playing.

Favorite moment is when he gave one guitar it's last strum on a song, got his wanted feedback kept it alive whilst getting guitar switched from his techie, 5 seconds later and seamlessly another great song started.

Glad I went !

I would love to see Joe Walsh sometime. I don't want to pay to see the Eagles but he doesn't seem to come to Iowa solo.

As part of his blistering 2 date North American Tour I am catching the East Coast Leg of Dave Gahan's tour :stunned

Awesome! I had no idea that he was touring. I remember seeing just him on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

I am seeing The Tubes tonight at Tupelo Music Hall in Londonderry, NH. It's about 10 minutes from my place. I saw The Fixx there in August. I keep forgetting to tell that story. I will later.

Awesome! I had no idea that he was touring. I remember seeing just him on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

I am seeing The Tubes tonight at Tupelo Music Hall in Londonderry, NH. It's about 10 minutes from my place. I saw The Fixx there in August. I keep forgetting to tell that story. I will later.

Sure, you tell us that you will tell us later, but one thing leads to another, ya ya ya.