Did Wilco play yesterday in Toronto? Don't see anything in "After the Show."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, they did play. I know some people who were there but they rarely post on Via Chicago. Wish they would....

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Wilco play yesterday in Toronto? Don't see anything in "After the Show."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, they did play. I know some people who were there but they rarely post on Via Chicago. Wish they would....

Yes, indeed they did play, to quite the review:

http://ottawacitizen.com/entertainment/local-arts/wilco-lucinda-williams-bring-cityfolk-to-ripping-close?__lsa=418c-be96

"Literate, instinctive embroiderer of multiple ideas from popular music into a unique sound, and making few musical missteps over the course of its life, Wilco remains one of the finest bands on the tour circuit."

I might see Jesus and Mary Chain tonight...hopefully traffic isn't bonkers with the Pope coming in :uhoh

Cool. The Black Sessions is one of my favorite things....That's cool that the Pope is coming in for the show, too. Sounds right up his holiness's alley.

Weirdly, I have tickets for the next 3 nights at Old Town School of Folk Music (and will be there Sunday for a "guitar fingerboard theory" lesson, so 4 days in a row!)

Tonight (Thursday) - Julian Lage

Friday - Mary Gauthier, Eliza Gilkyson, and Gretchen Peters

Saturday - Shemekia Copeland

And I didn't get a chance to post it earlier but I was at the Wilco show Monday night at Metropolis in Montreal.  Good fun.

I forgot to post it here, but 2 nights ago we saw Dawes play with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra.  The (very young) associate conductor had a great personality.  They started off with just the symphony playing a Philip Glass piece, with a discussion about why that pairs well with Dawes.  Then a regular Dawes set, then a set with both.  A really cool format.  It is the first in a series; the next ones are with Wye Oak, Dr. Dog, and The Lone Bellow.  They are bringing in local food, drink and retail vendors, opening the doors really early, and $3 canned craft beers.  Super fun.

I forgot to post it here, but 2 nights ago we saw Dawes play with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra.  The (very young) associate conductor had a great personality.  They started off with just the symphony playing a Philip Glass piece, with a discussion about why that pairs well with Dawes.  Then a regular Dawes set, then a set with both.  A really cool format.  It is the first in a series; the next ones are with Wye Oak, Dr. Dog, and The Lone Bellow.  They are bringing in local food, drink and retail vendors, opening the doors really early, and $3 canned craft beers.  Super fun.

that sounds wonderful - checked the dr. dog website and saw the listing for 3/24 - the band has yet to annouce - thanks for the heads up!!

Would like to hear your impression of the new material he's playing on this tour.

Never seen him live before last night. Wow he's got lots of energy. New stuff sounded great too. He doesn't spend more than 10 seconds between each song and seemed to crank out 30 songs in 90 minutes