bbop Appreciation Thread

I've just gotta say, it's always such a pleasure to read your reviews and comments in the After The Show forum. You really capture the feel of the shows and paint a vivid picture of so many details & highlights. It's almost as good as being there. So yay you! :thumbup

I've just gotta say, it's always such a pleasure to read your reviews and comments in the After The Show forum. You really capture the feel of the shows and paint a vivid picture of so many details & highlights. It's almost as good as being there. So yay you! :thumbup

Wow, all I can say is: :blush

Glad you enjoy reading my inane comments and things. I honestly don't put too much thought into it, but just try to mention a few things that I'd want to know if I wasn't at a show. So I'm glad the info is of use to a few people! :thumbup

Hopefully this thread quietly slips off the first page relatively soon 'cause it's sort of embarrassing. But thanks very much for the kind words!

We once made it to a queue way after him (he was the only one queueing at that time though), swapped to a different entrance, and still made it in before him. Oh and going to a gay bar with him is also fun. :dancing

(sorry Paul, but when someone rules as much as you do, they gotta be prepared for an appreciation thread at some point :love)

We once made it to a queue way after him (he was the only one queueing at that time though), swapped to a different entrance, and still made it in before him. Oh and going to a gay bar with him is also fun. :dancing

(sorry Paul, but when someone rules as much as you do, they gotta be prepared for an appreciation thread at some point :love)

Just like bacon making all food taste better, gay bars make everyone more fun!

My husband and I love having Paul sightings, even before we knew who you were!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yehhhhh and he's very entertaining both pre and post show - especially when left to his own devices with bars in Muenchen...

I vote that this thread is bumped up to the top of the list at least once a week - once a day even!!

yes, I always look forward to your posts bbop, thanks for sharing everything with us!

Now, I have to ask, how the hell are you at every show? For a while I thought you might be a Wilco roadie or tech, but that doesn't seem to be the case. If you're really able to cruise around the world taking in Wilco shows, well God bless you sir! Living the dream for the rest of us shlubs

I remember at the SSF last year, Jeff gave a shout out to Paul and then in another live concert recording from 2003 there was another mention of Paul. I was thinking who is this Paul? Looking forward to your After the Show writings.

We are spoiled rotten knowing that, thanks to this man, a superb review is coming after 99% of Wilco (and associated) shows. Always capturing the big picture in the setlists, and the little treats in banter and stage theatrics. Thank you for all that you do Paul.

Thanks Paul for all that you do. Nice meeting you over the years. I also was at a show where Jeff mentioned you. I think it was the 1st Pines Theater show in 2006.

The best of all time was seeing you in the audience on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon last year or whenever. You are like VC's Zelig.

Will we ever meet Rock Steady? If anyone got that, then you probably grew up in the 80s.

The best of all time was seeing you in the audience on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon last year or whenever. You are like VC's Zelig.

I saw that, very funny. I yelled at my wife "There's bbop! He's everywhere!" Including Ashes...(if you haven't already spotted him).

Thumbs up to you bbop. I am indeed someone who regularly awaits your setlist/review. Hope to see you in Rochester....NY!...soon.

I think Paul has been to every show I've been to and I know people who have conversed with this legendary guy (!) but I've never met him, so I can't spot him in the picture. Anybody care to out him?

I spotted myself, though. Does that count for something?

GREAT photo, by the way.

In addition to seeing this legendary guardian of set-lists at nearly every show I've been to in Europe and the US, I had a rare bbop sighting at a fish and chippery in Scotland last year before a Wilco show, but did not introduce myself. It's sort of "meta" that, not only does Wilco have fans, Wilco now has a fan who has fans for being a fan. Whoa!

since I attend a fair amount of shows
:lol :pirate

Also, anyone who starts a sentence with "Forthwith" is a top bloke. I am looking forward to a 'perchance' and possibly a 'happenstance' soon.

Mr. Micawber or Mr. Darcy - you decide.

Gotta say I had to introduce myself to Paul at Solid Sound last year, because, well, I have the same name as him (weird, huh?) I don't expect him to remember me, because apparently many Wilco fans are also wonder why he is at every show that they've been to.

Also, I check bbop's show reviews to see if I missed anything at the shows that I attended myself...if that tells you how great they are.