Mick Jagger is a singular phenomenon. Damn! Not sure what was going on with some miscommunications about setlist or other issues. Keith disappeared briefly early on and that kind of freaked me out.

Highlight was definitely Monkey Man. One of my favorite (slightly) deep cuts. I'm very glad I went and had a good time with friends. Having said that, I'd follow McCartney on tour (or at least 5-10 more shows) if I had unlimited funds. Can't say the same about the Stones.

What'd you think about night 2?

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just binged the 4 episodes of My Life as a Rolling Stone that were made available on BBC iPlayer as the first went out on air. Each of an hour focusing on the 4 individuals. Mick - bit bland

I really wish they would've stopped when Charlie died. Steve Jordan is a good drummer but he is wrong for the Stones. He doesn't swing. & Keith is losing it on guitar. His guitar signal is so proc

Happy 80th birthday to Keith!

Another great crowd around me in the GA section - this time I was right near the rail and in front of the speaker serving the back of the bowl, so no echo. 

I was happy to get 7 or so different tune's, too. Bitch and Sweet Virginia were probably the stand outs from the previous concert. I thought Street Fighting Man was a better opener on Friday, but I am glad I saw Jumping Jack Flash, too.

Play with Fire was nice to hear, but it seem a bit emotionless and rote. I enjoyed the Friday's Angie/Dead Flowers combo better. Also, even though I am of big fan of Slipping Away, I enjoyed Keith's Friday's combo slot more.

I thought I never needed to see IORR again, but I enjoyed seeing that, too.

The Paint it Black / Midnight Rambler snafu was a bit funny (the band played about a minute of Rambler, before Jagger realized that they skipped over PiB - it was mess, considering Wood and Richards had their guitars for PiB, so it way out key) and I thought Wood really shined when they finally got to Rambler. 

They didn't play a blues tune on Friday, so I was happy when they played Ride 'em on Down

Overall, I thought both nights were great and better than I was expecting, actually. Keith definitely played better on Tuesday, Jagger and Wood are both singing and playing very well and Watts, at 78, is playing strong.

the elephant in the room is that this is probably the last chance most of us will have to see them. everything seems a bit more inspired this tour. i'm pretty jaded but am excited for this show (august 14 for me). keeping an eye out for a tape of the second show.

I managed to sneak out of night one without any merchandise. I was proud of myself. Then, I get an email from the Stones and all the sudden I've dropped $50 on a gig poster. That price is pretty impressive especially compared to the signed Minus 5 poster I picked up at their show for $15 two days later.

I really liked that 1st night poster. Didn't buy one, though. Chicago Theater light bulbs motif. The one for the 2nd night was very generic. 

that's the one! I'm a sucker for event specific posters.

• 3 months later...

Finally see the real reason why Richards bugs Analogman so much--- all because of what Keith said about the Bee Gees in 1969 in a Rolling Stone interview:

The Bee Gees? “Well, they’re in their own little fantasy world. You only have to read what they talk about in interviews . . . how many suits they’ve got and that kind of crap. It’s all kid stuff, isn’t it?”

It is kinda funny - Keith has bagging bands since, at least, '69.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/keith-richards-a-1969-rant-242634/

here's a vid of the seattle show in august. i went in with sort of low expectations & the band was shockingly great this night. all of the stars were aligned for whatever reason. could be one of the last truly great stones shows. the only thing i could quibble about on the set list was "you got me rockin'" & even that was great. sober ronnie is a good thing. & keith was awesome this night. if that truly was the last time i see them, i'm good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y35HQb4zH0Q&feature=youtu.be

• 6 months later...

Maybe the best stones song since the 70's, which isn't saying much I guess. Don't care for the auto tune bullshit on Mick's vocals. Enjoy the all to brief harmonica. 

It's not doing it for me. And I definitelky think they've done better since the 70s: Emotional Resuce (the song), She's So Cold, Start Me Up, Love is Strong, You Got Me Rocking, The Worst, Out of Control, Saint of Me, I could name a few more even deeper cuts.

It's not doing it for me. And I definitelky think they've done better since the 70s: Emotional Resuce (the song), She's So Cold, Start Me Up, Love is Strong, You Got Me Rocking, The Worst, Out of Control, Saint of Me, I could name a few more even deeper cuts.

Emotional Rescue is definitely better. Disagree on the others. Saint of Me? C'mon.

• 1 year later...

Stones touring without Charlie -- pretty crazy.  Understandable, I guess. Especially with all the previous Covid cancelations.

Steve Jordan is real solid choice, though. Hopefully Charlie recovers well enough to join towards the end of the tour.