Are there any rumblings of a bonus track type reissue of Let it Bleed?

Walmart has had the CD for $7.99 (I think?).

I never see the classic albums of the Stones, Beatles or Pink Floyd - classic bands that will have their stuff carried by Walmart - on sale at Walmart (outside of release week sales maybe).

For years I've put off buying a lot of those classic albums because they were marked full retail.
Makes me wonder if they're trying to clear it out before a new release.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just binged the 4 episodes of My Life as a Rolling Stone that were made available on BBC iPlayer as the first went out on air. Each of an hour focusing on the 4 individuals. Mick - bit bland

I really wish they would've stopped when Charlie died. Steve Jordan is a good drummer but he is wrong for the Stones. He doesn't swing. & Keith is losing it on guitar. His guitar signal is so proc

Happy 80th birthday to Keith!

• 3 months later...

So this weekend is apparently Keith Richards weekend on BBC 4. From 7pm to about 4 am each night he seems to have selected films to watch, and between each one there is a 20 to 30 minute slot described as him talking about stuff on different topics in each slot as far as I can gather. Not sure I'll watch live other than checking it's worth catching up wth on iPlayer later.

It starts with Origin of the Species, which the Beeb showed a few weeks ago. Only a few sentences that really caught my attention, but I came away with the general affirmation of what a different time it was in the formative years of those who have shaped our musical landscape to that for modern youngster musicians today.

The seleced films I noticed seemed to cenre around the 50s and early 60s - couple of B movie horror films, The Girl Can't Help It, a 1961 documentary about gypsies living in southern France, and The Man Who Would Be King. Th elatter has always been a popcorn/adventure filme favourite of mine, so I'll probably tune in for that on Sunday evening.

You can probably catch the best bits on YouTube at some point soon.

• 3 months later...

My niece bought me Blues & Lonesome for Christmas -- very enjoyable. Production isn't too bad, either. Definitely not a phone-in record.

Also got the Stripped Blu Ray set --- definitely see some overdubs, esp on the France show  - but  it sounds great. Keith, especially looks great.

I haven't watched the actual Stripped video since it came out. I forgot much of it. Nice to have it.

This video is great.  All the ones from Tattoo You are classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKLVmBOOqVU

Bonus points for anyone that knows the significance of the building at the beginning.

Holy crap! I never put it together, but once you posed the question, I recognized it immediately.

JazzHarlemBanner2.jpg

Harlem 1958. Most of the living jazz greats. Sonny Rollins, who plays the saxophone solo on that song is in the picture. He and Benny Golson are the only 2 musicians from the photo still living.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't think the Stones would have become what they became, if they did not meet up with Anita (and Marianne Faithful). Both played important roles in rock and roll history.

Anita was something - from what I read -- would have loved to hang with her, maybe in her later years, she probably would have scared the hell out me when she was younger.

Jagger and Richards were basically two nerds  (Keith liked cowboys and Mick, economics- and they both loved the blues). Marianne and Anita helped them out on the cultural part of spectrum. In my opinion, that open them up to better things. Not saying their early stuff wasn't great - it was.  Though, some may say their influenced hindered the band.