• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just binged the 4 episodes of My Life as a Rolling Stone that were made available on BBC iPlayer as the first went out on air. Each of an hour focusing on the 4 individuals. Mick - bit bland

I really wish they would've stopped when Charlie died. Steve Jordan is a good drummer but he is wrong for the Stones. He doesn't swing. & Keith is losing it on guitar. His guitar signal is so proc

Happy 80th birthday to Keith!

Just saw them in Philly. Just one word "AMAZING". Blown away. Been to hundreds of shows and have to say I thought they sounded pretty much perfect. Took my 20 year old and just think they have been doing it for 30 years more than his age.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got this book recently:

50 Years The Rolling Stones - 1967 - 1971: Essential anthology on The Rolling Stones and Rock'n'Roll history
by Hanspeter Künzle

At first I thought it was simply the writer commenting on the time period, with press clippings included. It seemed to be mostly stuff I have heard about many times over the years. But, there is a really long interview with Keith towards the end that makes it worthwhile.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard on the Elizabeth Cook XM show that Snider has a book out too ---- have you read it Lammy? She recited at story of him meeting a fellow songwriter who wrote a  song called Beer Run, too - it was a pretty funny account.

(Need to the above link when I get home)

I heard on the Elizabeth Cook XM show that Snider has a book out too ---- have you read it Lammy? She recited at story of him meeting a fellow songwriter who wrote a  song called Beer Run, too - it was a pretty funny account.

(Need to the above link when I get home)

I got it off Amazon when it recently came out but gave it to my ex to read before I got to it. That "Beer Run" story he does live sometimes, too. In fact, most of the stories in the book are part of (at various times/shows) his live act.....Funny shit when heard live, too.

Read Snider's piece --- definitely a good one. Searching for some Stones music on the interwebs, I came across The Rolling Stones Radio hour --- looking over the show logs, some of it looks pretty cool.

http://www.prx.org/series/5107-rolling-stones-radio-hour

Listening to a show on the New Barbarians, now.

http://www.prx.org/pieces/116156-rolling-stones-radio-hour-barbarians

This is solid. Todd Snider was asked to write a column on a songwriting hero and he delivered this free-verse poem:

http://www.americansongwriter.com/2014/05/todd-snider-mick-jagger/

That was awesome - thanks for sharing.

One question - does Mick ask if he could stick his PEN or his PIN in his heart? I always thought PEN. (TS says PIN at the end of the Ode)

Um... Todd, maybe you arent familiar with "Lets Work". It doesnt happen much but that was a big swing and a miss by Mick. Carry on.

Um... Todd, maybe you arent familiar with "Lets Work". It doesnt happen much but that was a big swing and a miss by Mick. Carry on.

What's that - Royal Flush?? Well ain't that a bust, I'm broke!

I always thought it was a "if I could stick a knife in my heart, suicide right on stage."

That's correct, but those words are farther on in the song. 

First line in the song is:

"If I could stick my pen/(pin?) in my heart, and spill it all over the stage..."

Well according to Wiki it's "Pen" and of course that is the definitive word.  But Really, Pen just makes sense, Pin does not.

That Snider piece is amazing.  Love the part about Dylan and Richards going "way out of their way to make sure
everybody knows how little they care.  Jagger just doesn't."

Love the part about Dylan and Richards going "way out of their way to make sure

everybody knows how little they care.  Jagger just doesn't."

Woke up this morning thinking about these lines....

• 6 months later...

Heard that Bobby Keys passed away today - read that he was ill a few months ago. He definitely found his niche within the Stones, it's amazing that he lasted so long within the origination, I guess it had a lot to do with his relationship with Keith.

He was a good player, though - too.