Happen to go back to the same Target this morning and they did have have the Sticky Fingers release --- their exclusive is that you buy the CD and send in a code for the vinyl - they send the vinyl to you for free --- the whole thing was $17.99 -- almost pulled the trigger, but didn't. I do plan to buy a turn table with in the next year or so ---- so I really was tempted. But I can wait for Amazon order. Plus I have the record at my p's -- haven't listened to it about 10 years or so - hopefully it is still playable.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just binged the 4 episodes of My Life as a Rolling Stone that were made available on BBC iPlayer as the first went out on air. Each of an hour focusing on the 4 individuals. Mick - bit bland

I really wish they would've stopped when Charlie died. Steve Jordan is a good drummer but he is wrong for the Stones. He doesn't swing. & Keith is losing it on guitar. His guitar signal is so proc

Happy 80th birthday to Keith!

I'd say unless it is warped or melted - you are alright.

This is interesting:

The Rolling Stones’ reissue of its classic No. 1 album Sticky Fingers is heading back to the top 10 of the Billboard 200 chart for the first time since its 1971 release. Industry forecasters suggest the revamped set -- which was remastered and re-released on June 8 in a variety of formats -- may move around 35,000 equivalent album units in the week ending June 14.

Happen to go back to the same Target this morning and they did have have the Sticky Fingers release --- their exclusive is that you buy the CD and send in a code for the vinyl - they send the vinyl to you for free --- the whole thing was $17.99 -- almost pulled the trigger, but didn't. I do plan to buy a turn table with in the next year or so ---- so I really was tempted. But I can wait for Amazon order. Plus I have the record at my p's -- haven't listened to it about 10 years or so - hopefully it is still playable.

Wow. Is that at all Targets? Am I too late? Will be checking tomorrow.

Well the Amazon Sunday delivery pilot program was a success - just grabbed it off my front porch.

Will give it listen tomorrow night after watching the Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup (hopefully - no intended jinxing here.)

Wow. Is that at all Targets? Am I too late? Will be checking tomorrow.

Yep - all Targets as far as I can tell -- my Target had about 6 in stock yesterday.

No working zipper on this remaster....I have a remastered CD from the late 90s (i think ?) that is basically a replica of the entire album including the working zipper.  I also have the Exile remaster in the same vein, with all the included post cards, etc. 

It seems like these remasters are more about the music being "modernized" then replicating the actual original vinyl records.   I do like the bonus discs for the 3 albums done so far. 

Joel

It's nice to have Nicky Hopkins so high in the mix on the Midnight Rambler (Sticky Fingers - Remaster Extra - Live at the Roundhouse).

I don't think I ever heard this version before - nice rendition. 

I bought the Target 2CD/LP version.

Don't see how they will make money by charging only $3 more than competitors and then shipping an LP to your house at no extra charge. Hope this free shipping LP thing is a sign of things to come, because I will probably do it every time. All local Targets were sold out Wed after release, but the closest got more in by week's end.

On the album itself, wow, just wow.

I bought the Exile reissue when it came out and got Beggar's Banquet not too long ago. Some great stuff, but I'm digging SF a lot more. Every track is great imo. Need to hear Let it Bleed, but I wonder if a reissue of that is close behind and I may as well wait.

• 5 weeks later...

Just listened to Disc 2 of Sticky Fingers this morning again while picking up around the house  - indeed good stuff.

Another thing - can't find my Some Girls deluxe cd - haven't listened to that in awhile. Seem to remember enjoying Disc 2 of Some Girls more so than I do disc 2 of Exile.

Jagger's voice has changed a lot since the Exile sessions - so his overdubs didn't fit at all -- on the Some Girls overdubs it was less noticeable or at least not as out of place.

• 3 weeks later...

Jeez - he doesn't like psychedelic tinged music, so be it.

I am not a huge Beatles fan - but I can't remember the last time I listened to St. Pepper --- I listen to their other stuff a lot more. (Help,Revolver, Rubber Soul, White Album, and because my son loves it, Yellow Submarine).

So Keith is slagging off Sgt Pepper. Has he never listed to Their Satanic Majesties Request?

I remember Lou Reed being quoted saying essentially the same thing in 1987 on the 20th anniversary. I was a teenager into punk rock, the Velvets,  Bowie, etc. so I ate it up. Today, I like Sgt. Pepper, but it's nowhere near as good as its legacy suggests. Revolver, Rubber Soul, Abbey Road, and most of the White Album is better.

So Keith is slagging off Sgt Pepper. Has he never listed to Their Satanic Majesties Request?

Keith actually compared Their Satanic....to Sgt. Pepper in that they both seem to be albums that tossed tunes together:

I've been thinking about Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper, and The White Album and listening to Beggars 
Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, and Exile on Main St. Over the past 20 years, I've 
listened to that Stones stuff far more often

"No, I understand—the 
Beatles sounded great when they were the Beatles. But there's not a lot of roots in that music. I think they got carried away. Why not? If you're the Beatles in the '60s, you just get carried away—you forget what it is you wanted to do. You're starting to do Sgt. Pepper. Some people think it's a genius album, but I think it's a mishmash of rubbish, kind of like Satanic Majesties—"Oh, if you can make a load of shit, so can we."

ed. Sorry, just saw Hixter mentioned this. Here's the excerpt, anyway....

Well, to be fair, he didn't use that term, I did. All in all, it's just another person's opinion, too. I take it as he's saying it's not comparable to some of their other work. I disagree that it's a "load of shit," though. 

I think he has always been upset that they bought into the whole psychedelic movement for a brief time. So he always slams that time period. Plus - they were trying to copy The Beatles - which he also hates.