• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just binged the 4 episodes of My Life as a Rolling Stone that were made available on BBC iPlayer as the first went out on air. Each of an hour focusing on the 4 individuals. Mick - bit bland

I really wish they would've stopped when Charlie died. Steve Jordan is a good drummer but he is wrong for the Stones. He doesn't swing. & Keith is losing it on guitar. His guitar signal is so proc

Happy 80th birthday to Keith!

I'd say they made up for it though - Beggar's Banquet through Exile on Main St. are some of the greatest albums ever.

He also probably hates the fact Bill Wyman sings a song on Satanic - In Another Land.

I don't know where I read/heard it - but wasn't the idea for Beggar's Banquet - as a "return to form" for the Stones something that Brian Jones pushed for? He was a mess by that point, but I think it was in the recent Scorsese documentary that they said even though BJ was a wreck, he was able to come in and put down the slide guitar track for No Expectations in one take, and that was basically the last useful thing he did in the studio.

Speaking of Jones - I had the below book transferred to my library - just came in today.

I don't know why you let Keith get you so cranky, A-man... your Wyman bit was funny, though.

brianjones.jpg

I have an intense dislike for him for some odd reason. Someone gave me a brand new copy of his book - but it just sits on the shelf.

I guess there a few books about Brian out now. I don't think I have ever read any of them. There still seems to be some sort of ongoing deal about whether he was murdered or just accidentally drowned.

Yeah - his book might really set you off, then - best left on the shelf.

I think Keith helped perpetuate the whole murder of Jones a bit in some of his interview over the years. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if Jones was actually murdered.

I know I read one book on Jones a long while ago, but I don't remember which one.

Was this ever mentioned here?

June 26 (Press Association) -- Ex-Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman has forced a local council into changing the wording on a blue plaque honouring the band after he condemned it as "disgusting".

The plaque at Dartford railway station in Kent said Mick Jagger and Keith Richards "went on to form The Rolling Stones".

But Wyman objected, saying it was the late Brian Jones - who drowned in Sussex in 1969 - who created the band, famed for hits including (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction.

Wyman, 78, told BBC Radio 5 Live the plaque was "disgusting", adding: "It should be a plaque to Brian Jones and I think it's wrong. I don't like history re-written.

"You see it in lots of books - I don't like it when people re-write history to suit whatever they are doing. It does rile me."

Dartford Borough Council leader Jeremy Kite said the point of the plaque was to honour Jagger and Richards as two Dartfordians who met on Platform 2 of the station.

He told 5 Live the plaque would be reworded, saying: "I have never upset a Rolling Stone before. We are going to put it right."

A council spokeswoman said: "We don't have a timetable on when it will be done because we have to get it agreed and speak to officials at the railway. It's not going to happen instantly."

• 4 weeks later...

I think he is sort of the Donald Trump of rock and roll.

That's a good one.

He has put down the Dead in the past, too. Like Rap, Sgt. Pepper/Satanic, etc.  before it.

None of this is new news - i guess he is re-spewing this stuff to publicize the new record.

He does sound like an very old curmudgeon, though. When he was saying this stuff 20 years ago he just sounded like an old curmudgeon.

Would be cool if played a theater show in Chicago with the Wino's (and it doesn't cost an arm and leg).

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Below is a link to a Rolling Stones Music Interactive Map of London --- would love to make it that Stones exhibition that is going on in London. Only looked briefly at the map - looks pretty cool, though I a sucker for such things.

http://www.musicheritageuk.org/maps/stones-in-london.html

We need this for Wilco - especially for the once a month request for somebody visiting Chicago and wanting to go to sites...

Pretty cool. Thanks for posting.

Today I learned that Mick Taylor played lead guitar on "Sway". I always just assumed it was Keith.

I think "Sway" was one of the songs Keith was "busy" during the recording, "Moonlight Mile" being another. + the riff on "Brown Sugar" is Mick Jagger.

I think "Sway" was one of the songs Keith was "busy" during the recording, "Moonlight Mile" being another. + the riff on "Brown Sugar" is Mick Jagger.

You're correct on "Sway" and "Moonlight Mile," but I'm pretty sure it's all Keith on Brown Sugar (doing both electric and acoustic guitars on the original).

Below is a link to a Rolling Stones Music Interactive Map of London --- would love to make it that Stones exhibition that is going on in London. Only looked briefly at the map - looks pretty cool, though I a sucker for such things.

http://www.musicheritageuk.org/maps/stones-in-london.html

It's now supposed to be headed for NYC, might be worth building a trip for the Mrs and I.

You're correct on "Sway" and "Moonlight Mile," but I'm pretty sure it's all Keith on Brown Sugar (doing both electric and acoustic guitars on the original).

Sorry I wasn't clear. I write in the vampire hours before heading off to work. I believe Mick came up with the riff for Brown Sugar. On a humorous note there have been several instances of Keith "forgetting" how to play it & Ronnie coming to the rescue.