• 1 year later...
  • Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just binged the 4 episodes of My Life as a Rolling Stone that were made available on BBC iPlayer as the first went out on air. Each of an hour focusing on the 4 individuals. Mick - bit bland

I really wish they would've stopped when Charlie died. Steve Jordan is a good drummer but he is wrong for the Stones. He doesn't swing. & Keith is losing it on guitar. His guitar signal is so proc

Happy 80th birthday to Keith!

here we go again. north american tour in the spring. 14-16 shows. luckily, seattle has made the cut this time. the stones have been an important part of my life & i'll be there. i've seen them over 20 times since 1978. i know they are well past their glory days but i'm sure it will still be fun. woo hoo!

43051273_206599506920386_829387420622114

Their announcements of tours has always been a hoot - going back to 75 and the flat bed truck going down Fifth Avenue. 

Guessing they will play Soldier Field this time around - since they have been doing a lot of advertising via the NFL.

(Would be great if they do a gig at the Opera House, though)

Where are they playing can’t find the dates anywhere?

BV, the moderator is pretty wired in here. been at it for 40 years, maybe more. think there will be 1-3 shows more than this. really excited that seattle made the cut this time. word is the official announcement is going to be tomorrow.

https://www.iorr.org/tour19/

The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019!

Solid Rumors so far:

1. Hard Rock Stadium, Miami, FL

2. TIAA Bank Field, Jacksonville, FL

3. NRG Stadium Houston, TX

4. Jazz Fest, New Orleans, LA

5. Rose Bowl, Pasadena, CA

6. Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA

7. Broncos Stadium at Mile High Denver, CO

8. CenturyLink Field, Seattle, WA

9. Levi’s Stadium Santa Clara, CA

10. Soldier Field, Chicago, IL

11. Gillette Stadium, Foxboro near Boston, MA

12. Metlife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ (near NYC)

13. Metlife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ (near NYC)

I've seen The Stones (my very first favorite group as a kiddo) 3 times - Fall '81 (Louisville) December '89 (Indy, my 27th birthday party!) and 7/4/15 at the Indy 500 Speedway. That July 4 show was a total exercise in hedonism - I've never seen a drunker crowd and EVERYONE was smoking pot like it was the last day they'd ever be alive haha. So I'm good if I never see them again. But I hope they play forever!

I am kinda glad they are playing Soldier Field - the sound at stadium shows has came a long way. I have seen U2 and the the three Fare The Well shows and was impressed how well all the shows sounded. The last time I saw a stadium show was in 97, when I saw the Stones - i was disappointed in the sound and swore off stadium shows.

It's kinda cool that (as of now at least) they will be wrapping up the tour in Chicago. 

I am kinda glad they are playing Soldier Field - the sound at stadium shows has came a long way. I have seen U2 and the the three Fare The Well shows and was impressed how well all the shows sounded. The last time I saw a stadium show was in 97, when I saw the Stones - i was disappointed in the sound and swore off stadium shows.

The sound has no doubt come a long way, but it is really a long distance from the top/back seats to the band which I find hard to break through and connect with the performance.

^^^ Completely agree.  I don't do stadium shows for that very reason.  United Center is the largest venue I'll go to and then only if it's a bucket-list  band I've never seen previously (e.g. Radiohead).

If the sound is great, i can handle a band being faraway - as long the price of the ticket doesn't break the bank. Not to mention I am a sucker for the Chicago skyline.

I did see the Stones at the UC a couple of times  - once I was up in the farthest upper level and didn't enjoy it at all. It was just an echo chamber. 

Just threw on the L Olympia, Paris, July 3rd 1995 show from the Stripped blu-ray box -- it really is a great show. I think I picked this set up while some site had a great sale going on - glad I did. Still crazy to me that Wyman walked away. 

When did Ticketmaster start this "you are now in the waiting room" stuff? I happen to get on the site around 9:45 or so to check out the prices of the tickets and 'got in line' - at 10 am a screen came up an there' 2000+ in line.

I just remember hitting refresh a bunch of times until I got tired of it...

7 minutes later there are still 2000+

When did Ticketmaster start this "you are now in the waiting room" stuff? I happen to get on the site around 9:45 or so to check out the prices of the tickets and 'got in line' - at 10 am a screen came up an there' 2000+ in line.

I just remember hitting refresh a bunch of times until I got tired of it...

7 minutes later there are still 2000+

Got the same thing right now..."2000+ people in front of you". Buncha horseshit. Supposed to be a "random selection" for place in line. I have 2 screens open, too (which probably everyone else does as well, thus the problem).