Tweedy - Sukierae

Thanks!

I really can't believe that was my first post... seriously I've lurked here forever.  

Welcome!  I lurked for a long time, too, before officially joining!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a radio show called Out of the Box on the local NPR station. The host specializes in new and alternative music. So during tonight's first set he played Summer Noon off the new record. It was the first time I'd heard it in anything other than a live version. It sounded very sweet.

There's a radio show called Out of the Box on the local NPR station. The host specializes in new and alternative music. So during tonight's first set he played Summer Noon off the new record. It was the first time I'd heard it in anything other than a live version. It sounded very sweet.

I'd have loved to have heard that! Nice.

Thank you, thank you, RainDogToo! Speaking of hearts swooning, mine did...this is so gorgeous! I'll bet that is the cover - I hope so, because it's great. Little Jeff already has that knowing look in his eye. I see he's got his hands behind him...are they smeared with yellow and orange paint from his fence artwork? We'll never know.

Very Tom Sawyer.

That reminds me of the black and white series they used to show in the school summer holidays, along with White Horses, The Flashing Blade, Robinson Crusoe (brilliant soundtrack) and The Monkees.

I woke up with that song in my head this morning.  Excited for studio versions of all these songs.

Just saw this on the official Wilco website:
"Monday, July 7, pre-order Sukierae and get new song, “Summer Noon” on Wilcoworld, iTunes & Amazon + watch world premiere of “Summer Noon” video at wilcoworld.net"

Just saw this on the official Wilco website:

"Monday, July 7, pre-order Sukierae and get new song, “Summer Noon” on Wilcoworld, iTunes & Amazon + watch world premiere of “Summer Noon” video at wilcoworld

Reading is a skill. Not until Monday.

On my phone it looked like July 1- and I do not keep track of the days of the week during the summer because they don't matter much... my bad...  :heartbroken

Anyone notice that the image on the t-shirt is very similar to JeffTweedy's Twitter profile pic? Excpet for the substitution of a cat's head :kitty for Jeff's head, I think. Even the swatch watch.   :lol

kind of lame that the colored vinyl is $10 more than the black vinyl, especially since it's 150g vs 180g. I'll probably pony up for it anyways since i'm a sucker for that kind of stuff!

Yeah, I wish they'd have worked the 180g into one of the bundles, but oh well. I went with the colored vinyl/t-shirt.

There are some cool prizes in the contest.

One major detail stuck out from today's email: "A refresher re: Sukierae: it's the debut release by Tweedy, the duo of Jeff Tweedy and his 18-year-old son Spencer. It’s got 20 new songs written by Jeff, who plays his usual guitars and sings and also plays bass and keyboards. Spencer plays drums; longtime friend Scott McCaughey plays additional keyboards and Jess Wolfe and Holly Laessig (Lucius) lend backing vocals."

20 new songs? Does that mean a double album? Has this been mentioned before?

One major detail stuck out from today's email: "A refresher re: Sukierae: it's the debut release by Tweedy, the duo of Jeff Tweedy and his 18-year-old son Spencer. It’s got 20 new songs written by Jeff, who plays his usual guitars and sings and also plays bass and keyboards. Spencer plays drums; longtime friend Scott McCaughey plays additional keyboards and Jess Wolfe and Holly Laessig (Lucius) lend backing vocals."

20 new songs? Does that mean a double album? Has this been mentioned before?

Yes, it's been announced as a double album. Also, just to clarify, on the Kung Fu store in a couple of instances they refer to the CD as a 2-CD set and in others they just say CD, so I called the store to make sure, and yes, there's only one version of the CD and it includes 2 discs. There's no "bonus" or "deluxe" edition of the CD.

I'm a sucker for colored vinyl, pre-ordered the yellow vinyl.  At $35 plus shipping, very pricey.  Hope I like the music.

Unless you're shipping international, I'd look into that shipping cost. Someone got into a conversation with Wilco/Kung Fu on a Facebook thread yesterday because they were shipping domestically and were paying somewhere around that amount (or greater) for an LP. Kung Fu took note and said it clearly was a mistake and resolved the issue.