And more from the current email:

And the anniversary revelry won't stop there – we'll soon announce news about two forthcoming releases – Wilco's first-ever Best Of collection and a Rarities box we're pretty sure you're gonna love.

A greatest hits collection? Ugh.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm....I wonder how comprehensive that rarites collection will be. They have so many b-sides and misc. tracks. I wonder if any of it will be stuff we haven't heard...seems unlikely.

also, I wouldn't buy a Greatest Hits collection, but I'm sure there are people that would ....

greatest hits? no thanks. (wait a minute, has Wilco ever had a hit?  ok, ok "Best of")

Rarities? maybe, depends how rare.  There are the rarities we've all heard, but undoubtedly there are rarities that we never have.  A never-before heard song or two from the Jay-era? yeah, that would be worth the price of admission. Didn't they record 50 songs for The Whole love? prbably some good ones in there.  Not interested in listening to camel poop though.

WA-HOO! The rarities thing is a Box Set (knew it had to be)...and two dates in Port Chester, NY!! Just sad they are on weekdays as that is going to make it really tough for lots of folks I know to even consider it.

Gotta believe there will dates in Chicago nearer to Xmas...wishing that would apply to NYC too (and/or L.A., but who knows)...

Two Wilco shows in Ohio this Weds. & Thurs. & then two more in October!! And a Box Set of rarities to boot!! Will see what's on the greatest hits too...never know about oddities tracks there too...

Frequently Asked Questions
  • Q: Do you offer fanclub presales?

A: Yes. We work with Front Gate Tickets for our online ticketing and presales. We don't charge membership fees to gain access to these presales but in order to participate you must REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT WITH FRONT GATE. We recommend you do this in advance of the show presale you wish to attend.

• Q: How many tickets are available in your presale?

A: We attempt to secure the maximum possible amount of tickets for our presale and generally get around 10% of the venue to sell via the wilcoworld before the "public" on sale. In some cases we get more than that but regardless, this means that often there are only a few hundred tickets per show available for presale. When we have the option to use Front Gate to ticket our entire show (ie. Solid Sound Festival), we do.

• Q: Is the Wilcoworld presale the only presale?

A: Not necessarily. In some instances, there will be more than one presale, and more than 10% of the venue is sold. These are done in partnership with certain promoter, radio and venue partners. We will post whatever information we have regarding additional presales on the shows page.

• Q: Where are tickets available for sale?

A: Tickets are almost always available for sale online and often via phone or a retail outlet. We'll post this information when this is the case.

• Q: Does Wilco get to choose the ticketing company for each show?

A: The only ticketing company Wilco contracts with is Front Gate Tickets. All other ticketing companies contract directly with venues and/or promoters. So, some of our/your favorite venues may or may not be handled by some of your least-favorite ticketing companies. Wilco enjoy playing shows in a variety of venue sizes and configurations -- and thus we work with a variety of different national ticketing companies.

Thanks. There are now PRESALE links on the shows page, too.

Frequently Asked Questions
  • Q: Do you offer fanclub presales?
    A: Yes. We work with Front Gate Tickets for our online ticketing and presales. We don't charge membership fees to gain access to these presales but in order to participate you must REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT WITH FRONT GATE. We recommend you do this in advance of the show presale you wish to attend.
  •  

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2014/09/wilco_celebrati.html#more

Ironically Wilco's shows coincide exactly with the two dates the Jayhawks are in town :uhoh I might have to do one and one

Wait a second here look at those ticket prices $66-96!!!!!! WOWZA..I will be there but still last evening with Wilco I saw in Montclair was $40!

HA! I know which show Olson is going to:)

On the Capitol Theatre website the Port Chester shows are listed as "An Evening with Wilco".  Wonder if it will be like the previous evening with shows (acoustic set, 3 hour show)

An Evening With!  That just substantially increased the chances I will make the drive down to Portchester from Boston.  I've been wanting to get to a show at the Cap since it re-opened.

And more from the current email:

And the anniversary revelry won't stop there – we'll soon announce news about two forthcoming releases – Wilco's first-ever Best Of collection and a Rarities box we're pretty sure you're gonna love.

The best of collection is intriguing just because of the multiple record companies invovled. I hope it spans their whole career. I won't buy it, but there may be new fans that will. As long as they don't pull that shit where there's one new track in the collection and it's not available for individual downloading.

Now a rarities box! That's something that could be immensely cool. Hopefully out by Christmas.

Anybody know anything about the Raleigh venue? The box office is closed for today and it's probably not going to open before 10 AM tomorrow when the presale starts. When I go on their website it looks like the venue is primarily GA except for some reserved seats a few rows back. They're probably good seats but I would always prefer to be in the pit. So basically I'm wondering if I need to get myself into a big lather trying to get great seats first thing in the morning when I would prefer the GA section anyway. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.