Frontgate works for me almost every time.  You need to stay at it for a good thirty minutes though.  They released the tickets in waves. There were ticket drops every few minutes-I got great seats for capitol theater night 2 at 10:15 and decent tix for night 1 five minutes later.

I am always amused when people come on to message boards to complain five minutes after tix go onsale instead of trying for tix.

I agree that the logging out thing is weird, but it happened to me after I bought tix for another show, so I can sorta see that. Not sure why it happened to you before you bought though, As for tix apparently available but not able to purchase, same thing happened to me for another band's presales on ticketmaster, I kept trying, and 45 minutes after on-sale I scored a ticket. Just keep trying until they actually say "sold out."

That's when I scored my one ticket for Night 2.

I kept trying until all ticket options disappeared.  I then called Front Gate to complain about the screw up and the recording said that all Capitol Theatre tickets were sold out.  I then e-mailed Front Gate to explain what happened and got a reply that said all Capitol Theatre tickets were sold out.  Not amusing.  Pathetic. 

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes business travel and great live music collide in a perfect way - today is one of those times.  Tickets for both nights of The Ryman - Night 1 in the balcony and Night 2 right up front in the center.  I have never been to The Ryman, but I assume there really isn't a bad seat in the house - excepting the ones with poles in the way.  Is this the case?  Wondering whether it's worth trying to score floor tix for Night 1 or just be grateful for I've got... In any event - Woo Hoo!!!

when demand far outstrips supply in cases like these, what exactly are these 'screwups' on the end of the ticket seller? serious question.

If that is truly a serious question you should seriously read the replies that have already been posted.  Seriously.  It has nothing to do with supply and demand when the ticket seller's system is so inept that it logs you out "for security reasons" when you do nothing other than press "Add to Order" for the ticket you selected.

There is a reason why Ticketmaster is still in business and getting bigger.  And there is also a reason why Front Gate will be out of business sooner rather than later.  One business actually provides a service; the other has apparently managed to survive because it has connections, but those won't last forever when it can't do the job. 

Sometimes business travel and great live music collide in a perfect way - today is one of those times.  Tickets for both nights of The Ryman - Night 1 in the balcony and Night 2 right up front in the center.  I have never been to The Ryman, but I assume there really isn't a bad seat in the house - excepting the ones with poles in the way.  Is this the case?  Wondering whether it's worth trying to score floor tix for Night 1 or just be grateful for I've got... In any event - Woo Hoo!!!

As a Nashville native I honestly think balcony is where it's at for the Ryman. But you might as well do floor one night and balcony another. I scored tix in section 12 for night one and section 13 for night two. Total bullshit about the sale going live an hour early. I just happened to check the site around 9:06. Frustrating but oh well it'll sound great dead center balcony.

GA $67

Balcony $77

Loge $97

I think that is right give or take a dollar.

My Ga ticket was $75.50 after fees on front gate

Love when that happens! Saw some good shows on business trips in the past!

If that is truly a serious question you should seriously read the replies that have already been posted.  Seriously.  It has nothing to do with supply and demand when the ticket seller's system is so inept that it logs you out "for security reasons" when you do nothing other than press "Add to Order" for the ticket you selected.

There is a reason why Ticketmaster is still in business and getting bigger.  And there is also a reason why Front Gate will be out of business sooner rather than later.  One business actually provides a service; the other has apparently managed to survive because it has connections, but those won't last forever when it can't do the job. 

ok, settle down. i saw 'kept trying' and not 'logged me out'

sorry for your frustrations.

I called Front Gate back and got a customer service agent who was as inept at his job as Front Gate is at providing tickets.  He was unapologetic and snarky, and basically admitted that it's a flaw in their system because it crashes when it gets too much volume.  The only further comment he offered (while chuckling) was that it was even worse for Beck tickets.

So...Front Gate is in the business of selling tickets over the internet, but its website cannot perform that function without crashing.  How hard is it to have a system that holds a ticket for the one second between the time it offers it and the time it takes to click "Add to Order"?  One would think that that would be an essential feature of a ticket-selling website.  Hell, Ticketmaster tells you exactly how much time you have to complete each step before the ticket is released.

I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait for Ticketmaster to get even bigger and force these clowns out of business.  I wonder who they know who keeps giving them business despite the fact that they are not good at it.

I called Front Gate back and got a customer service agent who was as inept at his job as Front Gate is at providing tickets.  He was unapologetic and snarky, and basically admitted that it's a flaw in their system because it crashes when it gets too much volume.  The only further comment he offered (while chuckling) was that it was even worse for Beck tickets.

So...Front Gate is in the business of selling tickets over the internet, but its website cannot perform that function without crashing.  How hard is it to have a system that holds a ticket for the one second between the time it offers it and the time it takes to click "Add to Order"?  One would think that that would be an essential feature of a ticket-selling website.  Hell, Ticketmaster tells you exactly how much time you have to complete each step before the ticket is released.

I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait for Ticketmaster to get even bigger and force these clowns out of business.  I wonder who they know who keeps giving them business despite the fact that they are not good at it.

so Ticketmaster has some magical combo of hardware and software that allows you to always get tickets to any event, regardless of the demand?

interesting.

Nice.... mine tend to work the opposite where I'm out of town when something great happens close to home. 

Good seats at the Ryman are a thing of beauty.  I agree with DownUp that the Balcony is really nice there. 

The wings / sides are really, really on the side and can be awkward sight lines. 

And the lower level seats that are tucked back under the balcony (~row P and back) are pretty crowded by the low balcony. 

So, yeah, there are some bad seats, IMO.  But if you avoid those, you'll love it.

so Ticketmaster has some magical combo of hardware and software that allows you to always get tickets to any event, regardless of the demand?

interesting.

You might try reading for comprehension.  I usually helps you understand what the witer is saying.  Once again you missed the point.  I don't have a crayon but I will try to keep it simple so you can follow:

Ticketmaster has a system that only offers you tickets when they are available, but--in a revolutionary technological achievement--it actually allows you to purchase the ticket(s) you have selected.  Quite a concept, eh?  But wait, it doesn't stop there:  Once it offers you a ticket, it tells you how long you have to complete each step before it releases the ticket, and it counts down the time so you know how much time is left.  Amazing, isn't it?

Front Gate apparently offers tickets when available, but it does not always allow you to purchase the ticket(s) you have selected. It does not hold your selected tickets for even one second while you click "Add to Order."  Rather, it crashes and logs you out, erroneously stating that it is "for security purposes."  This happened to me, others who have posted here, and at least two of my friends today.  Judging from the fact that the customer service rep told me they had lots of similar complaints today, and the fact that the Wilco Facebook page suspended comments on the announcment of the pre-sale, I don't think mine was an isolated incident.  Far from it.  

See the difference?

Didn't think so. 

Surprise, surprise:  Tickets for Cap night 2 are already up on Stub Hub---for $225 per ticket.

Good to see that Front Gate was able to get tickets to true fans. 

Or not.

This happens for every single show I ever get tickets for, 99% of which are from Live Nation/Ticketmaster.  This is not an issue limited to Front Gate.

There already are perfectly clean versions of "Venus Stop the Train" out there, you know...on the YHF demos, which also features many deconstructed and alternate takes of songs.

Yes, yes, I realize this, but given the fact that it's never "officially" appeared in any capacity (unlike "Cars Can't Escape" for instance) and the Bennett release, I would like an official Wilco version for the sole reason that it might be incorporated into the live set at some point. If memory serves, it was requested and nixed at a Living Room Show...just thinking this might change if it comes out officially.

I am impressed that you've been able to avoid suspension with such a profane avatar.  

Profane?  :worried If it's good enough for Vonnegut, it should pass the bar at VC! Ha!

This happens for every single show I ever get tickets for, 99% of which are from Live Nation/Ticketmaster.  This is not an issue limited to Front Gate.

Yes, it always happens for every show.  But usually not from fan presales.  Ticketmaster makes no pretense about the fact; it resells its own tickets through its own scalping services.

Which is why there should be no pretense about Front Gate being any different, except that Front Gate is inept at what it does. 

Chill man. There's only 10% of tickets out there today. General on sale is Friday. It'll be okay.

Where there's a wilco there's a way.

I second this. Pre-sales constitute a minor percentage of the total house. And often times there are BETTER seats available in the general sale. Keep calm and keep the faith. The world is not ending.

You might try reading for comprehension.  I usually helps you understand what the witer is saying.  Once again you missed the point.  I don't have a crayon but I will try to keep it simple so you can follow:

Ticketmaster has a system that only offers you tickets when they are available, but--in a revolutionary technological achievement--it actually allows you to purchase the ticket(s) you have selected.  Quite a concept, eh?  But wait, it doesn't stop there:  Once it offers you a ticket, it tells you how long you have to complete each step before it releases the ticket, and it counts down the time so you know how much time is left.  Amazing, isn't it?

Front Gate apparently offers tickets when available, but it does not always allow you to purchase the ticket(s) you have selected. It does not hold your selected tickets for even one second while you click "Add to Order."  Rather, it crashes and logs you out, erroneously stating that it is "for security purposes."  This happened to me, others who have posted here, and at least two of my friends today.  Judging from the fact that the customer service rep told me they had lots of similar complaints today, and the fact that the Wilco Facebook page suspended comments on the announcment of the pre-sale, I don't think mine was an isolated incident.  Far from it.  

See the difference?

Didn't think so. 

if you want to get all snarky w/ me, i'm totally game for it.

but i'm having a hard time understanding what you're saying:

I usually helps you understand what the witer is saying.

I think Tweety is blowing this out of proportion. It's not like it was the general on sale or anything. There are many more tickets that will be available come Friday.

No reason to be so grumpy and outraged. It's 10% of what is likely a 2000+ seat venue.